Mitchel Johnson

kabira

I also saw some difference . But i thought England batsmen were battle hardened tigers only to be exposed as timid cats.
Mitch is a changed bowler since his come back from injury since IPL 2013, especially, after his improved and a bit longer runup, he has gained 5-10K of pace. He has shortened but quicken up his strides while running which is giving him more balance and momentum steaming in. In ODIs against us, he clocked 155-156K. This was the quickest he had ever bowled. His quickest before used to be in mid to high 140s, but now he could consistently bowl over 145K at will.
Mitch is a changed bowler since his come back from injury since IPL 2013' date=' especially, after his improved and a bit longer runup, he has gained 5-10K of pace. He has shortened but quicken up his strides while running which is giving him more balance and momentum steaming in. In ODIs against us, he clocked 155-156K. This was the quickest he had ever bowled. His quickest before used to be in mid to high 140s, but now he could consistently bowl over 145K at will.[/quote'] I have seen johnson touch 153ks in australia and even in india on 2007 tour.I do not think he has gained pace its just he is getting more zip and is consistent with pace.Also his new action i see him less roundarmish.
I have seen johnson touch 153ks in australia and even in india on 2007 tour.I do not think he has gained pace its just he is getting more zip and is consistent with pace.Also his new action i see him less roundarmish.
he was not that consistent in pace back then, could clock quick here and there. He is bowling at high pace more consistently now. Never saw him bowl this quick in every series he is playing.
Regarding How many modern Indian batsmen can handle such bowling ... well remember Shoaib, Waqar, Steyn , Blee, Bond, Donald etc ... ? These were way faster than Marshall on an avg and are known to have inflicted serious injury to batsmen even with helmets on.
Apart from Lee and Akhtar , all other bowlers just average above 140ks. Way faster means Marshall had average in mid 130s which is very slow considered for bowler who was considered as fearsome by the batsmen of those era
Thats what I meant ... on an absolute scale Marshall would be in the 130-140 range on an avg. But Waqar, Donald, Steyn and Bond are genuine fast bowlers who are known to have gone beyond the mid 140s range in the prime.
Sorry but anybody who balls in average of 130s don't even qualify to be Fast bowler. He will be a Fast medium.And everywhere Marshall is regarded as best and most fearsome fast bowler. Gooch and Border described him as best bowler they faced.
You are not going to like what I say but for what its worth ..... First of all back in those days DD used to rarely telecast matches live ... usually only those played in the 4 Metros IIRC .... secondly the no.of Indians who had access to TV in 1983 was perhaps not even 1% ... so its highly unlikely you watched Marshall Knocking off Gavaskars bat at Kanpur. You probably listened to AIR commentary and are trying to embellish. Next ... Mitch is no slow coach. Infact I would say he is much faster than Marshall. Watch the videos of Marshall bowling objectively and you will realize that. Now dont read this as Mitch > Marshall and start trolling. Then there is the aspect of bowling in Kanpur versus Bowling at the Gabba there is no comparison at all on which is harder. Regarding How many modern Indian batsmen can handle such bowling ... well remember Shoaib, Waqar, Steyn , Blee, Bond, Donald etc ... ? These were way faster than Marshall on an avg and are known to have inflicted serious injury to batsmen even with helmets on. So don't undermine the current crop for the sake of "hamarey zamaney mey aisa hota tha" nostalgia. Sunny was a great and Tendulkar himself acknowledges him as a hero. But there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever as to who was miles ahead . Sunny himself will acknowledge that Tendulkar was better than him. The record speaks for itself. At the same time we should be thankfull to SMG and Viv for inspiring SRT and he literally achieved what both did.
WTF? I watched this LIVE on tv..... >> You probably listened to AIR commentary and are trying to embellish. You are such a condescending son-of-a-***** aren't you? Stick to SRT and you will be fine.
just to add to my prev post .... there is nothing shamefull about that nor do I see it as some great achievement on part of Marshall. The bat probably just slipped out of SMG's hand. Its this sort of mentality where we blow the incident out of proportion and attach zabardasti ka humiliation to the incident is why Indian cricket followers are a unique species. Sadly some of the cricketers are no better and contribute to such peurile sterotypes. Thats what I meant ... on an absolute scale Marshall would be in the 130-140 range on an avg. But Waqar, Donald, Steyn and Bond are genuine fast bowlers who are known to have gone beyond the mid 140s range in the prime.
The bat flew out of his hand to square leg. Again shut your trap when you do not know about a thing about this.