Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

Important thing is consistent pace. Shami's average pace in first 6 overs was 87 mph (140K) and ball was skidding of the surface. This was pretty much the kind of a spell he had bowled in Duleep trophy final 2 years back when playing his first Duleep trophy much and even that was because Nechim got injured in SF' date=' he outbowled likes of Pankaj, Dinda, BK, Rituraj, Mohanty, pitched the ball up and seamed both ways.[/quote'] i remember that ....infact pace is even better now and he is swinging them both ways . that pitch really helped him but this was patta

the great thing about this guy is his length, pitches up without any inhibitions because of his swing and pace. Also got those delightful Yorkers in the last over...so long after Zak..someone who produced multiple Yorkers in same over. Even Umesh only used to get a rare Yorker length..this guy is accurate at some consistent good pace.

the great thing about this guy is his length' date=' pitches up without any inhibitions because of his swing and pace. Also got those delightful Yorkers in the last over...so long after Zak..someone who produced multiple Yorkers in same over. Even Umesh only used to get a rare Yorker length..this guy is accurate at some consistent good pace.[/quote'] It is just one match after a break. So many bowlers have shown such brilliance in the past as well. Thing is maintaining the composure and keeping his head on the shoulders. He will have to do it day in day out and maintaining the work load of fast bowlers by rotating them around and a necessity to get more such pitches in India.
Thats adequate & hes got enuf skills to go with it to trouble good players . Hopefully not like other Indian pacers though ' date=' he continues to improve .[/quote'] His average pace of around 140 k was the real impressive part. I would actually prefer a 140 k skilled pacer than a 145 k unskilled one. The way Shami combined, pace, movement, bounce and control was wonderful.
What was his top speed ? Looked very good even the death overs .
142.8 k.
Thats adequate & hes got enuf skills to go with it to trouble good players . Hopefully not like other Indian pacers though ' date=' he continues to improve .[/quote'] Highest speed was 89.8MPH.Thats about 144.5 KPH. There is screenshot from Cricinfo above.
Highest speed was 89.8MPH.Thats about 144.5 KPH. There is screenshot from Cricinfo above.
There is always some difference between the speeds shown on tv and the speeds written in cricinfo. I don't know why but it happens every match. I watched every delivery bowled by Shami. Also, it was shown on tv multiple times that his quickest was 142.8 k. After they showed this for the last time he just bowled one over and did not cross this speed.
There is always some difference between the speeds shown on tv and the speeds written in cricinfo. I don't know why but it happens every match. I watched every delivery bowled by Shami. Also, it was shown on tv multiple times that his quickest was 142.8 k. After they showed this for the last time he just bowled one over and did not cross this speed.
Last over was when he bowled 144 plus.I think few people posted that on the match thread as well.
It is just one match after a break. So many bowlers have shown such brilliance in the past as well. Thing is maintaining the composure and keeping his head on the shoulders. He will have to do it day in day out and maintaining the work load of fast bowlers by rotating them around and a necessity to get more such pitches in India.
yup get fit and strong quick and stay that way, and stay away from MRF and Venky...:cantstop: