Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

yeah he is intelligent one...tht is impressing me the most.. well im sure he will get game vs england...we have 3 spinner in yuvi,ashwin and jaddu i cannoot wait these new bowlers are exciting to watch....watchin vinay kumar run up was painful to watch :cantstop:

yeah he is intelligent one...tht is impressing me the most.. well im sure he will get game vs england...we have 3 spinner in yuvi,ashwin and jaddu i cannoot wait these new bowlers are exciting to watch....watchin vinay kumar run up was painful to watch :cantstop:
Totally agree. And add a fit yadav and aaron in to mix and could be exctiting times ahead potentially
Bowlers need to bowl in a unit and according to the situation. People do not understand it is not as easy as it looks, without having any thoughts how it is done, they form premature opinoins. Not every bowler can attack especially defending a total as low as 167. You need pressure from both sides and not leaking runs and BK and Shami did just that in a combination. It is of no use that you attack and go for plenty of runs like Dinda and Umesh do more often than not in ODIs. You can attack in tests but ODIs is different. If you bowl maidens and low scoring overs, you are bound to buyild pressure and get wickets in ODIs as and when batsmen lose patience. Shami bowled maidens after maidens, not givign many opportunities to score from one end. In fact, he only went for runs in first 5 overs when he tried to attack with short balls both times he went for fours. There must be some methoid behind your bowling which Shami showed and Umesh and Dinda did not not show till now in ODIs. He knew Jamshed's weakness and just bowled him outside off stump and Jamshed could not score much there. Before that, in every match, we were feeding him balls on leg and middle stumps where he is very strong. He does not have too many scoring shots on off side and by bowling there, Shami built pressure from one side without giving free runs and BK got the benefit of it by bowling out Younis Khan who was trying to be aggressive against him.
Do u say that u wud pick Shammi Ahead of umesh and Dinda in a ODI.. I wont.
Do u say that u wud pick Shammi Ahead of umesh and Dinda in a ODI.. I wont.
Umesh and Dinda have not shown anything in the matches they have played in ODIs. Both have been awful in most matches. Umesh looks to be improving on his control since CLT20 but Dinda still does not seem good enough. A bowler who cannot move the ball is not going to succeed at that pace and height of his. If Dinda had played yesterday in place Shami, we might have lost this match too. WRT, Shami, I cannot judge him based on 1 match. If he plays more, we will know more, he may or may to succeed, no one can predict about that, but what I have seen of him, he can move the ball at decent pace. He and Dinda's pace are not much different but it is the seam and swing which can make him a better bowler than Dinda. WRT, Umesh, if he gets control which he has shown since CLT20, he can be handy bowler in any format.

nice video exploring his rise... I would consider him more of a 'rising star' rather than new indian pace star. He has the potential to get much much better and hopefully he does after such a brilliant debut (Bowling 4 maidens was an amazing performance in this day and age where even an edge can go to the fence)