Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

Dinda is classic case of FC player who does well but does not have x factor to play at international level. He will always do well in FC cricket. Cos honest bowler, who will work his socks of and always give 100%, meaning FC wickets will always come. BUT DOES NOT HAVE REQUIRED SKILLS TO STEP UP TO INTERNATIONAL LEVEL Thats why cant just look at FC stats to pick players for india. Same with jadeja who got triple tons so suddenly test match bat, when look beyond stats he clearly is not
There are two separate points you are missing. The first is above by daindian. The second is that you're right that you cannot look just at First Class statistics for Test selection. But you must look at them. It is extremely unlikely that a poor FC cricketer will make a good Test cricketer because the former is a lower level. Imagine someone like Hashim Amla failing repeatedly to cash in against Ranji bowlers, it is ludicrous. Similarly, imagine Dale Steyn not being able to bowl out Ranji Trophy batsmen, similarly absurd. It is as good as a prerequisite that a good Test player be a good First Class player (and similar for ODI/List A and T20I/T20). It is of course plausible that there be a good First Class player that is a shoddy Test player but my post does not deny this possibility.
There are two separate points you are missing. The first is above by daindian. The second is that you're right that you cannot look just at First Class statistics for Test selection. But you must look at them. It is extremely unlikely that a poor FC cricketer will make a good Test cricketer because the former is a lower level. Imagine someone like Hashim Amla failing repeatedly to cash in against Ranji bowlers, it is ludicrous. Similarly, imagine Dale Steyn not being able to bowl out Ranji Trophy batsmen, similarly absurd. It is as good as a prerequisite that a good Test player be a good First Class player (and similar for ODI/List A and T20I/T20). It is of course plausible that there be a good First Class player that is a shoddy Test player but my post does not deny this possibility.
I am not saying dont look at them at all. Indeed they are valuable but you must look beyond them and see players in action and judge on technique/skill level etc etc as well. It seems this is not done by our selctors and they pick on stats a lot of the time
Dhoni just forgot him after he bowled well at the start. Bowls 135 to 140 k and has good seam position. Looking good. Though probably needs to be more accurate than he was today, but still impressive and want him in tests.
yes he can improve ..i think he is added to team little early still much much better then other so called senior bowlers ...2nd ball to kp was peach :P