Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

where did you pull off that logic from :cantstop: .
Well first of all it has not got to do anything with LOGIC, it's called common sense, see the stats for yourself, Umesh's IPL 4 performance, vs Nechim's CLT20 Performance. Now we all know Umesh's FC or OD record domestically is not good, he is selected because he can bowl 145+. Same sense can be applied to Nechim, who is equally good in terms of Pace, Plus he can swing the ball and is more of a skidder. The reason to bring this thought was because , just a week back everyone vouched for Nechim, i'm fearing the selectors might just forget about nechim.
I am sure nobody who understands cricket wud be damn impressed by VK as against Yadav.. VK got edges when batsmen went behind him and tried to hit him....I mean he ws lucky to get at least 2 wickets today
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :facepalm:
It doesn't matter if he's wayward or cant swing the ball and is expensive as long as he can pick up wickets consistently. Indias biggest weakness in ODIs has always been that they can't pick up wickets in the middle overs. Just look at the last world cup VS australia and sri lanka india bowled and fielded well but couldn't pick up wickets and both teams managed to put up big scores.
If you can't move the ball then at his pace he is a sitting duck for any decent international batsman. You need to bowl over 150 if you cannot move the ball to be able to knock international batsmen over. Back in the early-mid nineties India had a real pacy bowler who bowled just as fast as Srinath...his name was Prashant Vaidya. I got the opportunity to bat against him. The guy was fast...much faster than Iqbal Siddiqui, Salil Ankola, etc my friend who played for Vidarbha said but he had no movement. The moment a batsman adjusts his reflexes to suit the bowler's pace, Vaidya became a sitting duck. No wonder he didn't play more than a few ODIs for India
If you can't move the ball then at his pace he is a sitting duck for any decent international batsman. You need to bowl over 150 if you cannot move the ball to be able to knock international batsmen over. Back in the early-mid nineties India had a real pacy bowler who bowled just as fast as Srinath...his name was Prashant Vaidya. I got the opportunity to bat against him. The guy was fast...much faster than Iqbal Siddiqui, Salil Ankola, etc my friend who played for Vidarbha said but he had no movement. The moment a batsman adjusts his reflexes to suit the bowler's pace, Vaidya became a sitting duck. No wonder he didn't play more than a few ODIs for India
Good bowlers create doubts in batsmen's mind. Guys like Sami never did well despite pace because he is so predictable. Steven Finn struggled despite pace because he was far easily predictable.
Good bowlers create doubts in batsmen's mind. Guys like Sami never did well despite pace because he is so predictable. Steven Finn struggled despite pace because he was far easily predictable.
David Johnson was another such fast bowler with no movement...Karnataka Ranji guys would claim he was faster than Srinath and he did seem so in his only Test against Aus but he had no movement whatsoever...carted all around
Agree with that. Low 140s on its own is not got to worry international batsmen.
That's where Dale Steyn trumps everyone and a quality like Jimmy Anderson will always struggle. On Yadav, for all his lack of control sometimes, he has a pretty decent yorker, if he can fine tune that yorker at good pace and bowl at will then will be half the requirements India's Test bowling unit need.
Sami had a good ODI record! Average in the 20s economey rate under 5 and a strike rate around 30. I would take that any day of the weak. But the point im making is we need a 3rd seamer that can just bowl fast and unpredictable in constrast to the other 2 bowlers who are most likely medium pacers bowling nice and tiddy and usually toothless when the ball isn't moving. Im not saying umesh is a great because he isn't and will never be but if he can keep his pace up and keep his strike rate under 45 he definately should stay in the squad. We have too many medium pace swing bowlers. He's the kind of bowler we always lacked.
Agree with that. Low 140s on its own is not got to worry international batsmen.
That's where Dale Steyn trumps everyone and a quality like Jimmy Anderson will always struggle. On Yadav, for all his lack of control sometimes, he has a pretty decent yorker, if he can fine tune that yorker at good pace and bowl at will then will be half the requirements India's Test bowling unit need.
Yadav's pace is more or less manageable at that level. This pace alone won't work for you. You'll always remain a rookie bowler if you have just pace. Like I said earlier pace is base for a bowler. Bowling at 140s is something like starting point. From their on you can learn, acquire skills or improve existing skills and gain experience. Moreover Indian pacers are generally slow in acquiring skills. I would like to see him playing for 2-3 years and if he really improves then he can become a good bowler. If you don't have pace, then it means you lack basic thing. From there on it's hard to build on. You have to really good to be successful from there. You need to skillful like Zaheer or Asif or McGrath to challenge quality batsmen. But when you have pace, you can get wicket with lesser skills. It's tougher to be a successful medium pace bowler.
Yadav's pace is more or less manageable at that level. This pace alone won't work for you. You'll always remain a rookie bowler if you have just pace. Like I said earlier pace is base for a bowler. Bowling at 140s is something like starting point. From their on you can learn, acquire skills or improve existing skills and gain experience. Moreover Indian pacers are generally slow in acquiring skills. I would like to see him playing for 2-3 years and if he really improves then he can become a good bowler. If you don't have pace, then it means you lack basic thing. From there on it's hard to build on. You have to really good to be successful from there. You need to skillful like Zaheer or Asif or McGrath to challenge quality batsmen. But when you have pace, you can get wicket with lesser skills. It's tougher to be a successful medium pace bowler.
That was my point.

Umesh was getting lot of Out Swing, and was not Gun Barrel Straight, as thought out to be!!! Wicket he got peterson with was a outswinger, and he beat a lot of batsman with out swing movement. Later in the day when he returned for his last spell, he regularly got the ball to REVERSE Swing into the batsman toes. Prime example, how Finn was Jumping all over. I think he bowled really well, all he has to do now is to get his Line Right, with the PACE and MOVEMENT, he will be a Handful.

David Johnson was another such fast bowler with no movement...Karnataka Ranji guys would claim he was faster than Srinath and he did seem so in his only Test against Aus but he had no movement whatsoever...carted all around
Johnson was as fast as 130K. He was not fast any more...overhyped in terms of pace...same case with Prshant Vaidya...both of them were not as quick as Yadav is. and Yadav can swing and seam the ball too, look at the ball to KP that swung away in the air and off the pitch and took out side edge. Watch his second delivery of first over against Bopara, best delivery of the match, that was jaffa, unplayable, went like a leg cutter. Bopara had no clue.
so what should he do ? cut down his pace and concentrate on line & length
No, he should keep the pace up but continue to work on other aspects of his bowling. Speed of low 140s on its own doesn't get you wickets. To be fair, he has shown signs that he can get movement. I'm not that bothered about accuracy from a young fast bowler to begin with if he has the ability to pick up wickets. That is something that can be worked on.