Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

First of all they are nowhere hyped as we hype our "pace machines". Infact Johnson for all the criticisms he is getting from all sundries won a test for Australia singlehandedly against England. He already got 187 wickets in 45 tests. He was never hyped as much as Umesh is. We are just desperate.
What is wrong about being desparate for a fast bowler?? You'd rather keep persisting with mediocre trundlers that have no match winning ability? Our legendary batting lineup will no longer be the same in the years to come and our spin dominance is subsiding as well. So what would it take to keep us in the top echelon of test playing nations? A strong fast bowling attack (which will take time to develop). Otherwise we will become a very ordinary side. Now I have been reading a vast majority of the posts on here and I don't think anyone has said that yadav is the 'real deal'..... we all know he has shortcomings with his accuracy and ability to 'think' the batter out... but it is a strong opinion amongst icfer's that this guy is definitely worth persisting with and is much more exciting than some of the other nonsense bowlers that we have right now. So if that's hyping him up then so be it.... it's not a big deal really.

Listen guys, if we are not going to hype certain talents or have debate on them, then this game will die. If you see any game in the world, everyone hypes upcoming or extraordinary talent. Don't feel complex about it. Brett lee and Shoaib Akhter, they both were famous before they even bowl their first bowl in international cricket. You can ask about this from some senior person.

This is the part i don't get. Are you saying fast bowlers are discouraged in India. Ishant after bowling one good spell against punter finished with a bowling average of 60 in Australia was rewarded with 950k per year in the IPL. WHat more do you need to get encouragement. We certainly lack lot of things that English bowlers, Australian bowlers, SA bowlers possess. Stamina, strength, athleticism. That is why our bowlers just fall away. Yes it was all fun to make fun of venky (including me) that he asked them to bowl slow. Even after he left situation was the same. over a period without being able to handle the workload they drop the pace on their own and fall in oblivion. Sreesanth is the only guy who look like giving everything every time. Unfortunately that is far from enough.
950K is not what encourage you. Fast is hard work and easy money never encourages anyone to work hard. It is about team management who needs to believe and encourage this bowlers rathar saying like Pace is good but line and length is also important. We can only have one thing either genuine pace or a line-length bowler. Line and length and genuine pace are always opposite of each other. Genuine pacer may be erratic to start their career but if he gets right, he will get you wickets. Genuine pacer will never have pin point accuracy like McGrath, Zak, Aasif, or PK has, but he will always keep the batsmen on their toes. Look at second ODI, there was not much help for spinners and the KP and Patel were playing, they could have easily had 280 but for two strike of Yadav in middle overs, they could reached to 280. I suspect same could have happened if we had Munaf Patel bowling instead of Yadav.
Listen guys, if we are not going to hype certain talents or have debate on them, then this game will die. If you see any game in the world, everyone hypes upcoming or extraordinary talent. Don't feel complex about it. Brett lee and Shoaib Akhter, they both were famous before they even bowl their first bowl in international cricket. You can ask about this from some senior person.
Forgot about Varun Aaron already? The kind of hype he got. He fell flat on his face in one just first class match. We just moved on to Umesh.
Forgot about Varun Aaron already? The kind of hype he got. He fell flat on his face in one just first class match. We just moved on to Umesh.
Varun Aaron has not fallen flat. He is still in radar and whenever he plays he will be talked about. He may not have taken many wickets in Irani, but he bowled well. You cannot do anything if catches are dropped and umpiring is inefficient.
I think there was some fitness issues with him in that match. Thats y, he was not stretching himself to bowl real fast. When I saw him bowl against Rajasthan in that match, I felt there was some problem with him coz he was not pushing it. There was not any springs in his strides or excitement like Umesh had. Umesh was looking much excited and comfortable in that match as well. But i m sure, Varun has got the signal clearly looking at Umesh Yadav, that if he wants to play, he got to bowl fast. Otherwise, his career will end before it starts.
I hope you are joking
No, he is not, i dont know why people find it very difficult to change their opinions abt pace bowling. He just keeps on supporting trundlers and gives examples like mcgrath who bowled 80mphs when he was on the verge of retiring. He forgot mcgrath was 90mph bowler when he was young. I mean its very difficult to convince people when they have not bowled fast or if they have alteast tried to bowl fast in college matches or in local matches. I have noticed posters like me, rahulrulezz, rkt have supported bowling fast and fast bowlers because we have bowled or atleast tried to bowl fast in our life. But there are few posters who never tried fast bowling their life. And thats y they dont understand the importance of bowling quick. I am telling u bowling fast is more fun than batting, i swear, i mean when u see the batsman is scared of facing ur delieveries, when u can c the fear and surprises on their faces when u bowl the first ball, its like an addiction. U wanna bowl more fast, and its a wonderful feeling. I was a fast bowler in my college and when people prasie me after the match and the opposition team batsman agrees he didnt wanted to face ur bowling because u were bowling quick, its wonderful to get that sort of appreciations. I dont know, its just my opinion, but bowling quick definitely scares the batsmen, even with all the modern equipments, it scares the batsmen. Hope people realaize and change their opinion and not very stubborn and adamant even when they know they are wrong.
No, he is not, i dont know why people find it very difficult change their opinions abt pace bowling. He just keeps on supporting trundlers and gives examples like mcgrath who bowled 80mphs when he was on the verge of retiring. He forgot mcgrath was 90mph bowler when he was young. I mean its very difficult to convince people when they have not bowled fast or if they have alteast tried to bowl fast in college matches or in local matches. I have noticed posters like me, rahulrulezz, rkt have supported bowling fast and fast bowlers because we have bowled or atleast tried to bowl fast in our life. But there are few posters who never tried fast bowling their life. And thats y they dont understand the importance of bowling quick. I am telling u bowling fast is more fun than batting, i swear, i mean when u see the batsman is scared of facing ur delieveries, when u can c the fear and surprises in their faces when u bowl the first ball, its like an addiction. U wanna bowl more fast, and its wonderful feeling. I was a fast bowler in my college and people prasie after the match and the opposition team batsman agrees he didnt wanted to face ur bowling because u were bowling quick, its wonderful to get that sort of appreciations. I dont know, its just my opinion, but bowling quick definitely scares the batsmen, even with all the modern equipments, it scares the batsmen. Hope people realaize and change their opinion and not very stubborn even when they know they are wrong.
LOC

You Know when you see the next breakthrough talent and Umesh for all his Phaaast bowling ability doesn't quiet look like one... To be wayward and still be a threat you need to have pace in the mould of Shaun Tait...140-145 would only be a threat if there is line and length and variations Ishanth imho is the only Indian seamer who looks the real deal as he has Swing,Bounce and a decent pace to be a threat in the right conditions...Varun Aaron haven't seen much of him apart from some bad quality Youtube videos Umesh Yadav is only impressive when we compare him to the likes of VK and Arvind because he has the extra pace but overall I am not going to jump on the bandwagon yet.... Someone mentioned Cummins...He is leagues ahead of Umesh from what I have seen of him in CLT20 and the recent SA series,The kid has serious pace and a good line and length and is still very young. Junaid Khan....Haven't seen him bowl but 5 wickets on a patta like UAE does deserve applause but from what I have heard he is 130-135 but may be it is the swing not sure maybe some one on this forum can tell me what his unique skill sets are compared to VK as he seems to have a similar pace.