Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

You're giving wrong examples of Jogi etc. Good domestic record doesn't mean you will become good international bowler, but good international bowlers have good domestic record. Can you see different between two statements. Also, if a bowler is consistently failing at international level and doesn't even have any domestic performance then how does he deserve a chance? Based on talent? Talent gives you opportunity only during initial years and not after 6 years if you don't perform well. Like Numb said, you are getting carried away with his good behavior. It's not hard. Sometimes you meet with some person and develop sympathy for him. But for a moment forget that. Remember what Ganguly used to say. He is a very nice guy. When you talk to him, he will listen to you. You'll feel happy after talking to him. But once you leave him, he forgets everything.
Ganguly said that about Sree? I do agree, he needs to play more domestic cricket. If he was dropped, he would be better off playing county tbh.
Ganguly said that about Sree? I do agree' date=' he needs to play more domestic cricket. If he was dropped, he would be better off playing county tbh.[/quote'] Yes, he said many times during England series. I always wanted to Sree in the test side. But I have been very disappointed with his effort. He is already 28 and he hasn't done enough to remain in the team. It won't be hard for him to play county cricket. But I doubt he will. He isn't playing domestic cricket even now. Probably he is just waiting for others to fail and his chance again. Selectors have stop this policy of recycling the bowlers. RP Singh, Sreesanth, Irfan won't succeed at international level. He is like a batsman with class who has shown it with 2 centuries, but often throws his wicket in single figure on numerous occasions. If he belonged to international level, then he would have been a successful bowler by now.
@sreesanth36 Sreesanth " The biggest challenge in life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else." 10 hours ago @sreesanth36 Sreesanth DonÃÕ count the days, make the days count. 22 Oct @sreesanth36 Sreesanth The poorest man is not a man without a money, but a man without a dream and hope. 15 Oct No tweets about his bowling, practice, fitness or why he isnt playing any competitive cricket these days.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Yes, he said many times during England series. I always wanted to Sree in the test side. But I have been very disappointed with his effort. He is already 28 and he hasn't done enough to remain in the team. It won't be hard for him to play county cricket. But I doubt he will. He isn't playing domestic cricket even now. Probably he is just waiting for others to fail and his chance again. Selectors have stop this policy of recycling the bowlers. RP Singh, Sreesanth, Irfan won't succeed at international level. He is like a batsman with class who has shown it with 2 centuries, but often throws his wicket in single figure on numerous occasions. If he belonged to international level, then he would have been a successful bowler by now.
RP is trash and I didn't want him to be recalled and Irfan is a bits and pieces now a days. Sree is not in that category. I do think he has a couple of series to prove something or it is over. Very sad due due to his talent.
I don't lose sleep with what Dhoni does or says, that is for people like you :two_thumbs_up: I don't remember saying Nehra should be back... What I meant to say is when I watched Nehra, ZK, Agarkar in early years, I knew they would be good ODI players. I said I don't see that in Yadav in his development. I see Aaron as a prospect though. People like you are an embrassment, obsessed with pace. It is about taking wickets and bowling tight when required in international cricket, a skill Aaron showed today. Pace is merely one of many dimensions of a bowler. It is the only "skill" Yadav has, but you keep worshipping him.
So didn't you watch first 2 games. He took 4 wickets in 2 matches and broke 2 important partnerships in Delhi which made the real difference of 30-40 runs minimum.
@sreesanth36 Sreesanth " The biggest challenge in life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else." 10 hours ago @sreesanth36 Sreesanth DonÃÕ count the days, make the days count. 22 Oct @sreesanth36 Sreesanth The poorest man is not a man without a money, but a man without a dream and hope. 15 Oct No tweets about his bowling, practice, fitness or why he isnt playing any competitive cricket these days.
:cantstop:
Hmm well to me Aaron seems like a quick learner. From the very first moment I saw Yadav 2 years ago I wasn't very impressed and that opinion hasn't changed. He was kept in fringes of team due to pace only. There are a lot of players in other countries who bowl that pace but would never be near the international team, we kept him as we are starved of quicks. Sree has that fire in his belly, that aggression. When I was watching him in Eng tests, he was taking the fight to KP, cranked it up 140kmph. It was a bad series for entire team India but Sree is integral for test cricket. Likes of Yadav will be milked by top order batsmen. Even when Sree was talking to us, Dhoni gave him a weird look. He needs the confidence of the team management and he should play all formats bar T20. I am yet to see a bowler who can bowl 135-140kmph with swing and seam movement. He bowls unplayable deliveries and that is what you need in test cricket.
Sreesanth can swing the ball at reasonably good pace. That is a big plus but his biggest shortcoming according to me is his unwillingness to bowl even occasional bouncers these days ( around one an over on an average is good enough for a fast-medium swing bowler ). This allows the batsmen to camp on the front foot and negate his wonderful swing. Nehra and quite a few other Indian seamers have this problem as well. This is one of the qualities which differentiated Zaheer from Nehra and took Zak to a different level. Both these guys bowled at a similar pace of around 132k to 142k , were left armers and Nehra was perhaps a slightly better swing bowler. But Zak always bowled occasional bouncers, hit the deck hard when required and improved his swing/ seaming abilities. The batsmen could never camp on the front foot against him. Why is this quality of bowling occasional bouncers not pointed out more frequently and strongly by cricket writers ? It improves the potency of the pitched up swing balls.

Sreesanth's biggest problem is his fitness. stamina and his maturity, he might be the most skillful in terms on swing and seam , but also the most inconsistent.His actions is not strong enough , his left hand and him loosing the action more often makes him bowl loose deliveries.HIS MIGHT BE THE BEST RELEASE OF THE CRICKET BALL, BUT HE CANNOT BOWL GOOD BOUNCERS , YORKERS, EVEN WHEN HE IS BOWLING IN THE 90'S,his ball sits up waiting to be hit, he doesn't have a good yorker, since his action is not about using the shoulder hitting the deck. He STILL HAS THE TALENT BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT, the best bowler he can learn from is Steyn who is not tall, uses seam , swing very effectively and mixes it up, I had high hopes from him but now think he will just be wasted for his own choices. Very bad in ODI'S AND ALL THESE YEARS JUST REMEMBER 3 TOURS HE BOWLED WELL IN .Sreesanth bowling between 138 to 146 k's, having stamina to bowl in a sustained and planned manner with control,bowling good length, with variations would be devastating, the best I have seen him bowl in SA, BUT THAT WAS AN EXCEPTION AND not a regular occurrence

Quite simple really - Just watch every ball that Umesh bowls and note down the speed shown. At the end of the innings (or at the point where they show the f, s, a) calculate two averages - a) for all deliveries, b) for all deliveries minus slower ones. At some point in the game they would have shown his fastest, average, and slowest. Compare a and b until the time the ball when they show his fastest, slowest, and average - the truth will set u free
I know that can be done but I personally don't have the opportunity to watch every ball and am not sure whether the others interested in this topic do either ?
Sree has taken wickets in tough conditions in South Africa and so on and won praise from likes of Donald. Do you think Yadav can? Domestic record doesn't mean much, Trescothick averaged 28 with bat when chosen to play first for England and Pankaj Singh and Joginder are kings of domestic, it means nothing for international level. Yadav just doesn't look an international seam bowler to me. I do agree time is ticking for Sree but he is still only 28 and we have to think of our test series in Aus. Sree must be in the squad. It is not the time to try rookies in a key series when our test team is struggling. Bhajji must be replaced for Aus series as he averages 75 per wicket anyway and is out of form. Ashwin or Ojha. I would take Aaron/Yadav in test squad but depends how they do versus WI.
Firstly, I don't care what Akash Chopra has to say. I judge a player by watching him. Yadav is crap, you are only obsessed with him like every typical Indian, due to his phasst pace of 88mph. May I add this speed is also matched by Santh. Lol by giving credit to Yadav who even has a pathetic domestic list A record over proven ODI bowlers like Nehra and Old Irfan you are really showing your bias. Nehra took us to World Cup 2003 final with ZK and Srinath and also helped us win this world cup. I give credit where it is due. Aaron looks the part at international level, he has had limited exposure yet he has a thinking brain. Yadav has been a work in progress for 2 years and despite this guidance he is nothing special. He will be easily played by top order batsmen, way to wayward. Reminds me of Tino Best, someone who was quick but not really able to take wickets. Yadav was crap overall in IPL, v zimbabwe and now v Eng. It is a bit like when Arjun and Duryodhan went to Krishna for help in Kurukshetra war. You can have phast and powerful Narayan sena (Yadav, VRV e.t.c). I will take Narayan himself. 46444-098.jpg On a serious note, you keep choosing people based on speed of 88mph, I will look towards players in mould of Agarkar, Zk, Nehra, who back in their day were players teams were cautious of. Sree should be in ODI team. It is a travesty that he isn't. I met him during england tour, he is very hardworking, talented and philosophical.
:facepalm:
My gf is pissed off with my obsession :yay: I told sree I want to see more dancing (v nel) or aggression like v symonds and he smiled :) It was a bad series mate, he leaked runs because he was trying keep seam upright but had injury too. Hence sufferred. Let us judge him after wi/aus if he plays. I agree this is his last chance. I hope he does well :((
Just tell her that he is a male booty-dancer and problem will be solved. :--D