Ra.One-Superhero Flick

rkt.india

The numbers being floated around are all bloated. It made 81 crore net in 5 days HINDI version. Tamil+Telugu did another 5-6 crore. The movie is a giant flop. Bodygaurd is still the biggest 5 day opener. Ra.one crashed on Monday. 60-65% drop. Won't beat either Dabangg or Bodyguard in India. Overseas the movie grossed 32.5 crore. The 170 crore is most likely WORLDWIDE 5-day weekend gross. pretty meh

The numbers being floated around are all bloated. It made 81 crore net in 5 days HINDI version. Tamil+Telugu did another 5-6 crore. The movie is a giant flop. Bodygaurd is still the biggest 5 day opener. Ra.one crashed on Monday. 60-65% drop. Won't beat either Dabangg or Bodyguard in India. Overseas the movie grossed 32.5 crore. The 170 crore is most likely WORLDWIDE 5-day weekend gross. pretty meh
But u forgot one thing Monday is working day and eid and guruparv are not far and considering no big film is releasing till 11 ra.one has every chance to make it large,I agree it is not best by any mean but it is definitely better than bodyguard,I am happy for one thing finally we are looking towards 3d aspect of movie making which is a nice initiative .

http://www.ibosnetwork.com/newsmanager/templates/template1.aspx?a=22304&z=4 Box Office: Ra.One King Khan kingdom goes down as flaming flop Tuesday, November 01, 2011 Shahrukh Khan is not having a particularly good decade at the box office. Ra.One arguably the most hyped film of 2011 in trade media appears to be going down in flames on a crash pattern. After the last few set of costly underperformers, Shahrukh Khan went for the superhero/supervillain genre this year and has come up on the same end of stick at the box office as the film's heterograph, Raavan. Though Khan's film isn't the box office disaster that the Abhishek Bachchan starrer was over a year ago, nonetheless safe to say it will be a while before costly movies on anything remotely sounding like Raavan will be attempted on in India. Ra.One, billed as a videogame/superhero caper along the lines of Rajnikanth's Robot started on a decent note on Wednesday, though below expectations for a movie of mass release. It collected around estimated 33 crores the first two days. The film has however been on a steady decline since. With an underwhelming sunday and an outright weak Monday of 4-5 crores on oversaturated prints, Ra.One's chances at recovery are slim to none. The distributors are set to suffer heavy losses.

dude' date=' the movie has crashed and burned. It did 87 crore NET in 6 days. Sunday was lower than Saturday, which never happens in bollywood. Anyways, this will wrap up its business with 100-110 crore net in India. A huge loss maker.[/quote'] Dude the movie has earned 170 crores in 5 days (137.25 india,32.75 outside)it earned i repeat it earned 92 crores from hindi ver. In india in 5 days,it did'nt dropped on sunday ,there was a drop on monday coz it's a working day, since another festival is nearby(eid,guruparv) it is bound to pick up and i have'nt included satellite right,tv right etc so luv him or hate him srk is very smart guy.really looking forword to don 2.tan tan tantan tananan tan tan tan tantan tananan.tan tan tantan tananan tan tan.

I stopped watching SRK movies after suffering for 3 hours when my friend forced me to watch Veer Zara in a cinema. It was beyond torture. Years later I saw Chak de India on DVD after my wife told me that its hatt ke and it was worth the time, a movie well made. I was at my cousin's place for dinner over the weekend and they played this movie on DVD. It sucked balls from the first minute. I saw some scenes of it and the ****ing thing doesnt make any freaking sense. Its not funny, jokes (attempted jokes) were cheap, there was no logic and Kareena had 3 expressions ( Tharki, Very tharki and OMG tharki). I really feel like meeting people who actually praised this movie, I havent met one in real life yet but it will be interesting to meet one. PS: this review is awesome http://www.thevigilidiot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RaOne-The-Vigil-Idiot.jpg

I stopped watching SRK movies after suffering for 3 hours when my friend forced me to watch Veer Zara in a cinema. It was beyond torture. Years later I saw Chak de India on DVD after my wife told me that its hatt ke and it was worth the time, a movie well made. I was at my cousin's place for dinner over the weekend and they played this movie on DVD. It sucked balls from the first minute. I saw some scenes of it and the ****ing thing doesnt make any freaking sense. Its not funny, jokes (attempted jokes) were cheap, there was no logic and Kareena had 3 expressions ( Tharki, Very tharki and OMG tharki). I really feel like meeting people who actually praised this movie, I havent met one in real life yet but it will be interesting to meet one. PS: this review is awesome http://www.thevigilidiot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RaOne-The-Vigil-Idiot.jpg
Agreed. LOL so you watched a pirated dvd like me. :haha: The vfx is pretty good, but ya this movie was crap.

Ya she has only 3 expressions. Watch chamak challo and you'll realize that she doesn't lose the tharki expression even when she is facing the ceiling. Btw did anybody notice that in the first song she is wearing a long white dress and as soon as music starts some extras come and tear it, leaving a mini skirt. Imagine that happen in real life + she loses entire pallu of her sari 30 seconds into chamak challo. Tbh this movie was worse than Singh is king and chandni chowk to china

I always feared that they would mess up a sci-fi. May be it's time for Aamir to make a sci-fi and show them how it's done for the Indian audience.
I doubt he will ever do it. Let's face it, the aam junta in India don't understand sci-fi films and tbh most sci-fi films are hard to make in India. You will have to really dumb the sci-fi aspect of the movie to make it work at BO. Mr. India, Koi Mil Gaya and Krrish are the only big sci-fi movies that have worked in India because they were dumbed down and very easy to understand. I wish there was someone who could make a smart sci-fi flick that is also commercially a big success in India.

I always feared that they would mess up a sci-fi. May be it's time for Aamir to make a sci-fi and show them how it's done for the Indian audience.
They should learn the trick from Rakesh Roshan, I didn't like jadoo 1 & 2 much either but it didn't cause nausea like ra.one did. Those 2 movie were bearable especially jadoo 1