West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

The only debatable selection in this is Yuvraj and even he deserves a chance tbh .Since returning to test cricket he made 2 50s in 2 matches he played and then got injured.So fair enough to give him a decent run before discarding. Also his technique is well suited to Aussie pitches unlike Raina.His part time bowling could be useful too. So overall great selection IMO I hope we only rotate Sachin / Dravid and Laxman.Only 2 of the 3 should play against WI with Kohli also being given a chance IMO.
Are you joking?Yuvraj isnt a test player,period.Bowl him outside his offstump around the wicket and it wont take him long to edge one to slips.
Are you joking?Yuvraj isnt a test player' date='period.Bowl him outside his offstump around the wicket and it wont take him long to edge one to slips.[/quote'] So how did he then play two great knocks in swinging conditions against Pakistan when whole team struggled? I am not saying he is our long term solution for no.6 spot but he certainly has the technique to play in bouncy tracks of Australia since they dont offer much lateral movement or are turners. Also he offers part time spin so could be a useful selection for short term for Aus tour.
Finally some sense into selection. Gambhir Sehwag Dravid/Kohli Sachin Laxman Yuvraj/Rahane Dhoni Ashwin/Ojha Ishant Yadav Aaron
this is a very very inexperienced bowling side,we will have trouble beating WI at home.I would go with Ojha,Ashwin,Ishant & Yadav.things can go wrong in a a hurry if the Spinners are ineffective though.I wonder if Ashwin bowls differently in test matches ,maybe give the ball more air.
Isn't Pujara fit? If Yuvi can enter into the team without playing any matches after injury then why not Pujara?
Yuvraj got a 50 last time he played in the test. He is a part time bowling option for Dhoni. It is no surprise he gets the nod. Kohli very badly failed in Windies. Raina did nothing of note either.
So how did he then play two great knocks in swinging conditions against Pakistan when whole team struggled? I am not saying he is our long term solution for no.6 spot but he certainly has the technique to play in bouncy tracks of Australia since they dont offer much lateral movement or are raging turners.
I dont know which technique youre talking about.Forget technique to face seamers,last time he was made to look like a fool by Hogg.
Yuvraj got a 50 last time he played in the test. He is a part time bowling option for Dhoni. It is no surprise he gets the nod. Kohli very badly failed in Windies. Raina did nothing of note either.
I thought this reasoning only comes in when the selection is done for ODIs.

I'm not worried about the spinners because I believe Ojha and Ashwin will do a good job but pace bowling department looks inexperienced. Aaron and Yadav dont have a great record in domestic cricket and have just started playing ODIs. One wonders what they have done to justify test caps. As much as I want PK to be rested, India would need him in this series with Munaf, Zaheer injured. Sreesanth should have been given another go perhaps. Rest of the squad looks good.