West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Completely agree about Mukund. It is the height of unfairness to give a 21-year old a debut on some tough pitches in WI and England, and then discard him after he showed some potential (yes, he has some technical weaknesses but which young Indian batsman doesn't? More importantly he didn't look out of place at Test level, impressive given his lack of experience at international level and in FC cricket away from home). I would have picked both Rahane and Mukund, leaving out Yuvraj. At this stage, its more important they are in the mix for India rather than worrying too much about what position they bat at - and in any case, it is easier to make the transition from opener to middle-order than vice versa.
It all comes back to accommodating Yuvraj in the squad, is it not? Its pretty clear both Rahane and Mukund are future India openers. Anyone who thinks otherwise are just plainly wrong. Yet, the selectors keep going to Yuvraj, in the hope that he somehow comes good. On the other hand, you can also look at it like this - The selectors are switching around with the youngsters just to give them a feel of the international test cricket. The default way to look at this would be -- Well Mukund showed a lot of promise in England and Windies, they should pick him as the reserve opener. But since both Gambhir and Sehwag are back, its probably not a bad idea to get Rahane in the mix of things and give him a feel of things as well.
Ram did you get married or something. THAT rusty ? :WTF:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Yes,that was very RUSTY
After the england tour, i checked myself into therapy for depression and made a deliberate effort to not watch or think cricket :((. In fact, today's t20 game was my first live game of cricket in more than 2 months. However, its all coming back now.. :yay:
After the england tour' date=' i checked myself into therapy for depression and made a deliberate effort to not watch or think cricket :((. [b']In fact, today's t20 game was my first live game of cricket in more than 2 months. However, its all coming back now.. :yay:
:omg: so you're the official panauti :yousuck:
You should tae this as UV's last chance or last hurrah! I think selectors gave him ne final chance before they dump him eventually.. UV too should now focus on he format in which ecxels, which is ODIs and T20s, of whaever time left in his career..
He is just 30 lol. Yeah probably his last chance as many young guns are knocking but I still back Yuvraj to make it large in tests.
After the england tour, i checked myself into therapy for depression and made a deliberate effort to not watch or think cricket :((. In fact, today's t20 game was my first live game of cricket in more than 2 months. However, its all coming back now.. :yay:
plz check back in the rehab.and make sure you never watch another india match.sala PANAUTI..........and they made him a mod:facepalm:

First of all PK is rested and not Dropped. Secondly, it's hard to believe how Kohli is picked who bats for his Ranji Team @ 3/4 and Abhinav Mukund who is technically sound as well misses out after impressive knocks in the WI. If Kohli can bat 6th (if picked) then why not pick Mukund. It's a hard deal there itself. Rahul Sharma is picked considering his Kumble-like-bowling. Too early to judge though from an IPL season. His FC record is very poor. Doesn't deserve a place literally. If Leg-Spinning is a quota then in the Aus. tour Manoj Tiwari will also be picked stating the amt. of turn he got in the last ODI. It will be interesting to see how Ashwin bowls to relatively defensive batsman. His FC record is very impressive though. I guess India will go with 2-2 combo. Ashwin-Ojha & Ishant-Umesh. Aaron is over-hyped just because he bowled 153 km/h. No doubt, he bowled well in the ODIs but considering the FC record Umesh clearly is the winner. Sad to see people rooting for Aaron and leaving Umesh Yadav out. Remember, Umesh was much quicker on an avg. as compared to Varun Aaron. Lastly, Pujara is still recuperating from that surgery.

First of all PK is rested and not Dropped. Secondly, it's hard to believe how Kohli is picked who bats for his Ranji Team @ 3/4 and Abhinav Mukund who is technically sound as well misses out after impressive knocks in the WI. If Kohli can bat 6th (if picked) then why not pick Mukund. It's a hard deal there itself. Rahul Sharma is picked considering his Kumble-like-bowling. Too early to judge though from an IPL season. His FC record is very poor. Doesn't deserve a place literally. If Leg-Spinning is a quota then in the Aus. tour Manoj Tiwari will also be picked stating the amt. of turn he got in the last ODI. It will be interesting to see how Ashwin bowls to relatively defensive batsman. His FC record is very impressive though. I guess India will go with 2-2 combo. Ashwin-Ojha & Ishant-Umesh. Aaron is over-hyped just because he bowled 153 km/h. No doubt, he bowled well in the ODIs but considering the FC record Umesh clearly is the winner. Sad to see people rooting for Aaron and leaving Umesh Yadav out. Remember, Umesh was much quicker on an avg. as compared to Varun Aaron. Lastly, Pujara is still recuperating from that surgery.
Yes as of today Umesh is definitely slightly better than Aaron but Aaron has reverse swing and when there are 2 Genuine fast bowlers , you can never say who comes up and takes mroe wickets on a day..its like who ever is Luckier will get more wickets..i mean both are Good enuf and should be played and if one is to be chosen , Possibly Umesh should be picked for the first test atleast
PK will come back for the 2nd test if the fast bowlers struggle and thats a real distinct possibility.
PK too will struggle...he struggled in ODIs in India...Do you think, he can be effective in test matches in India? i Have doubts. Without conventional swing, he is very ineffective.