Anybody would have scored 15000 runs.

Greig is an absolute git. Can't believe Cricinfo pay him to mouth this rubbish. Problem is, our own Indian pundits are so inarticulate and SKCs (apart from Sunny), they will take this kind of nonsense lying down.
Sanjay Manjrekar is the leader in boot licking goras.(Kaala paani Style)
Tony is just an old attention wh:whatchutalkingaboutre.......he likes to make controversial statements to get get people to stop ignoring him.
i think some of these guys genuinely can't accept that anyone who isn't white simply can't be the best.

For the 'anyone can make 15000 runs' comment, here is what their runs-tally would be if the following batsmen had played as many innings as Tendulkar: Tendulkar : 15051 runs in 378 innings At 378 innings each, Viv Richards: 15212 runs Ponting : 14446 runs Kallis : 13994 runs Lara : 13609 runs Bevan : 13330 runs Dravid : 13199 runs Inzamam:12678 runs In short, except for Viv, nobody would be within 500 runs of Tendy even if they'd played the same # of innings - and for players like Ponting- well he doesnt have to face the Aussie attack, so i'd consider his average to be less stringently marked than Tendulkar's.

For the 'anyone can make 15000 runs' comment, here is what their runs-tally would be if the following batsmen had played as many innings as Tendulkar: Tendulkar : 15051 runs in 378 innings At 378 innings each, Viv Richards: 15212 runs Ponting : 14446 runs Kallis : 13994 runs Lara : 13609 runs Bevan : 13330 runs Dravid : 13199 runs Inzamam:12678 runs In short, except for Viv, nobody would be within 500 runs of Tendy even if they'd played the same # of innings - and for players like Ponting- well he doesnt have to face the Aussie attack, so i'd consider his average to be less stringently marked than Tendulkar's.
statistical extrapolation = very bad tool for cricketing comparison
Well' date='....... because if you are playing for the best team you will never be tested. [/quote'] ...but Bevan's finest knocks for Australia were in testing situations when all seemed lost. I could give you numerous examples - think back to the '03 World Cup match vs ENG, his 102* vs NZ in the VB Series back in '02 (AUS were 6 down for under 100), the 5th decisive match vs IND @ Goa back in '01 when he took AUS home when his team were reeling, and his very best - that fifty vs WI in a B&H World Series match back in '95 - AUS were 6/30 or thereabouts, Bevan took them all the way and with 3 needed to tie off the last ball of the match - he hit a FOUR to win it. To say that an Australian batsman would never be tested makes no sense to me.
If Bevan scored Australia won' date=' if he didn´t the result would be same.[/quote'] ? AUS had no business winning some of the matches they did, the only reason they recorded some of those victories was because of Bevan. To say that they would have won regardless of whether Bevan played or not is ignorant to say the least. He was their key ODI batsmen throughout the 90's and he was relied upon to finish run-chases. There is no greater pressure situation than the final 10 overs of a run-chase - the run rate is mounting, the best bowlers are coming back, the fielding is tigher and you are expected to score off every ball. In this aspect of the game Bevan was unbeatable. Why do you think Yuvraj is so indispensable ? He plays the same role for India.
Now' date=' say, Hussey taking place of Bevan, then???????? Australia still wins! [/quote'] Maybe, JUST MAYBE - that is because Hussey is an excellent batsman ?

@rawalsra, u can't take away credit from bevan by telling bevan always had support of other players when he was batting.. the guy bevan played some smart cricket and according to situation..he used to keep taking singles on last ball of the overs when he knew there is a tailender on the non striker end.. used to play first 4 balls of the over and take a single on the next one... use to irritate the oppositions....

Saala bandar gulatti marna nahi chhodta kabhi....If numbers mean nothing to you' date=' TG means nothing to us...[/quote']\ i can imagine tht ur swearing smthing... but wont it be more fun if u cud do tht in english so tht non-hindi speakers like me cud read and get a satisfaction of swearing at tht dumb b@st@rd