Spot-fixing: Butt, Asif and Aamer found guilty, sentenced to jail !!

SachDan

Education and Cultural values play a big role in our society... but not in padosi mulk.. when you come from a poor family.. like aamir's, you tend to fall for these traps.. We all know that our politicians make sevaral million dollars in black money which ruins lot of poor families but gets away with it.. they make treason level offense but we dont do anything.. players like Asif, Butt, Akmal, Aamir should never be allowed to play cricket.. but if you throw a19 yr old in jail, you are taking away his chance to improve from his mistakes.. he even admitted that he made mistakes.. he should be banned but not be jailed.. On the other note, p@kistan, as a nation, should be ashamed that this happened. Should really think about the level at which they gone to.
That's what I was thinking earlier. I thought jail term will only harm him. But he won't be kept jail as he is only 19. He will go to young offenders' detention centre. His cricket career is more or less over.
Amir himself sent messages to the bookies on the terms of the fix. Doesnt deserve to come back on the field after 5 or 10 years.
I'm still wondering whether he should be allowed to play domestic cricket in Pakistan after completing the ban or not. He won't get selected for international matches (though you never know what Pakistani selectors can do).
I'm still wondering whether he should be allowed to play domestic cricket in Pakistan after completing the ban or not. He won't get selected for international matches (though you never know what Pakistani selectors can do).
After completing the ban , domestic cricket is ok I guess. As long as he doesnt play international cricket.

For Amir, the sentence is almost next to nothing. He will be let go after serving half of the sentence at a youth detention centre (3 months). Now what happens to him after being deported to pak is a different story. I feel sorry for their families though as they will be the target of ignominy for a long long time. Anyhow, I think the trial was fair and speedy and it should serve sufficient warning to anyone else still thinking about 'spot fixing'.

2 basic questions 1. Wasn't this a sting operation from NOTW to get them to bowl no-balls for money ? There was not spot betting on those no-balls which got infliuenced (fixed) and somebody made a lot of money isn't it? In that case, how was this cheating? 2. Why did they go to UK ? They should have stayed home and let UK which has no extradition treaty with Pak haggle with the govt? I am sure the Pak govt would have protected them.

2 basic questions 1. Wasn't this a sting operation from NOTW to get them to bowl no-balls for money ? There was not spot betting on those no-balls which got infliuenced (fixed) and somebody made a lot of money isn't it? In that case, how was this cheating? 2. Why did they go to UK ? They should have stayed home and let UK which has no extradition treaty with Pak haggle with the govt? I am sure the Pak govt would have protected them.
What the journalists did was investigative journalism.As a consumer who paid money to watch a public sporting event how would it make him feel to know that what's going on on the field is already pre-determined?
What the journalists did was investigative journalism.As a consumer who paid money to watch a public sporting event how would it make him feel to know that what's going on on the field is already pre-determined?
But they (NOTW) did pay money to influewnce the game? Why are they not prosected? I know they are not around to be prosecuted, but aren't they responsible in defrauding the bookmakers? I still feel the punishment overcompensates the crime.
1. It was pretty clear that the noballs were a show of good faith and to show that paki cricketers are cheaters to the new client. There were spot betting on these no-balls and on previous occasions based on the text messages. If one is making money, someone else is losing money. So pakis are convicted of cheating the guy who lost money. 2. Probably because they thought that they could get away with it and because the UK police released them without charging back when it all came out on the condition that they would come back. Look at amir, For a whole year, that fker went on tv and magazine to proclaim his innocence, but plead guilty as soon as he knew he couldnt anymore. Even now, he just apologized for 1 game and not for the other games that cannot be proved.
What about second question? They could have stayed in Pakistan and avoid facing the court.
Then they would have been in deeper ***,Aren't you a fugitive if you have a case pending on you in another country?That would have been a bigger crime,so maybe they thought they could get away and get this over with by hiring decent attorneys.
But they (NOTW) did pay money to influewnce the game? Why are they not prosected? I know they are not around to be prosecuted' date=' but aren't they responsible in defrauding the bookmakers? I still feel the punishment overcompensates the crime.[/quote'] I am not sure the kind of laws that protect Journalists in UK but I am pretty sure they got away by finding some loophole in law pertaining to journalists as this was not done with intent but as a sting operation.
1. It was pretty clear that the noballs were a show of good faith and to show that paki cricketers are cheaters to the new client. There were spot betting on these no-balls and on previous occasions based on the text messages. If one is making money, someone else is losing money. So pakis are convicted of cheating the guy who lost money. .
Any source? All I read was NOTW paid 150K lbs to Majjed to get the players throw no-balls. If there was spot-betting on these no-balls, then NOTW is as culpable as these players in cheating the losers of the spot-betting. I doubt there was any spot-betting that took place . They should get the NOTW editors who arranged this on court as well. Even now I feed NOTW should have been charged with something.