That's why we're a 'Bowling Powerhouse' Part-II

Hafeez is a seriously good spinner in limited overs cricket. He always keeps it tight ( in the last year or so) and picks up quite a few wickets. He is much more than a part timer. The Bagla's are an absolute joke today. The game was theirs to lose and as usual, they lost it. Pakistan are definitely one of the best ODI teams in the world ATM. I'm looking forward to the India-Pakistan Asia Cup meeting.
decent but definitely below sa, aus and ind. batting is very slow and weak and can't put up/chase big totals.
Last time i checked more than 60% of their matches were againist no 7,8,9,10,11 teams. and they are talking if they beat India Aus Sa and Eng....all together.
yes i agree this thread is a fail , india with mithun and vinay kumar is the real bowling powerhouse , only if sammy doest hit them for 4 sixes every over .:winky:
Bump!:--D Hafeez is now No.2 in the ODI bowlers ranking. Ajmal retains his No.1 position. Rankings merely demonstrate how good we've done in ODIs this year. For good measure, Umar Akmal is now No.10 in ODI batsmen rankings
Who is Hafeez? :confused: Haven't heard of this guy before. I saw your post in the other thread where you put up a table for performances of all teams in 2011. Pakistan has played the most number of matches in this calendar year. So obviously Pakistani bowlers will have more chances to take wickets. Does this ranking adjust for number of matches played? I maybe wrong here, but compared to India (the only team I follow properly), the Pakistani team is static. I.e you have the same set of bowlers for a long time. Hardly any new comers. India on the other hand would have tried out some 12-18 different bowlers in this one calendar year. So that will obviously have an impact on individual wicket tally. In India, wickets will be spread over different bowlers, not so for Pakistan.
Our bowling average in test cricket and decent in ODIs. This team is lacking a quality new ball bowler. Ajmal is quality in LOIs but needs to prove him in tests over longer period of time. Hafeez is good in LOIs and not a part timer.
I rather see Wahab or Gul being ahead of Hafeez or Afiridi, the rise of Hafeez, afridi, ajmal has more to do with conditions and opposition, but neverthless it's still a potent spin attack as bangladesh have found out.
But for the sake of curiosity' date=' is there any bowler in your 'domestic' horizon who is being touted as the next 'big/fastest' thing?[/quote'] No genuine fast bowling talent in domestic cricket currently. Left arm spinner Raza Hasan is the next big thing playing FC cricket. Sadaf Hassain is the best pacer who is a left arm swing bowler.
yes i agree this thread is a fail ' date=' india with mithun and vinay kumar is the real bowling powerhouse , only if sammy doest hit them for 4 sixes every over .:winky:[/quote'] Umm we have played SA WI ENG this year plus won the WC. and will play AUS later this year.except the series in ENG i think Indian team and bowlers did much better than the PAkistani ones.
Umm we have played SA WI ENG this year plus won the WC. and will play AUS later this year.except the series in ENG i think Indian team and bowlers did much better than the PAkistani ones.
yes and we all saw what happened in england to the indian bowlers, the same country where asif, amir, ajmal even wahab , gul were all over england and australia .
Bowling powerhouse.. certainly not. But 90% of their wins come on the back of good bowling performances.
They are 1 top class fast bowler short of being a bowling powerhouse in limited overs cricket (if such a thing exists) IMO. I want to see whether Hafeez would be so economical against India. If he bowls against the likes of Sehwag, Gambhir and Raina they would certainly look to take the attack to him.