Is Ashwin the genuine all rounder we are looking for?

I am really dissapointed in Ashwin.He is not going to get sub continental wickets around the world and i dont see any real progress in his bowling,infact his bad balls have increased and he is being played with ease.I expected him to get better but he hasnt and on top of that he has a really high opinion of himself,not a good combination at all.

I think we have to give more chances for Ashwin at Test level. If he continuously fails' date=' then back to Ojha.[/quote'] Ashwin is currently 1st choice abroad because he can bat well. If we played Ojha abroad we would have the longest tail in world cricket (our tail may be the weakest as it is). However, from a bowling perspective, Ojha is our number 1 spinner. He has performed as well or better than his partner (be it Ashwin, Mishra or Harbhajan) in almost every match/series he has played.
Ashwin is currently 1st choice abroad because he can bat well. If we played Ojha abroad we would have the longest tail in world cricket (our tail may be the weakest as it is). However' date=' from a bowling perspective, Ojha is our number 1 spinner. He has performed as well or better than his partner (be it Ashwin, Mishra or Harbhajan) in almost every match/series he has played.[/quote'] Ojha, I do agree he is our best spinner. I like him because he does the simple things well. Doesn't rely on mystery, just bowls well so it's not a case of opponents figuring him out. If no ashwin we still need 2 spinners at home. It would be one of Bhajji/Chawla/Mishra and all are decent bats at no8. I would choose Mishra/Chawla. Our tail will bat good at home, Dhoni is superman at no7 at home, then mishra/chawla, followed by ZK. Not that bad.
Ashwin has made a grant entry in international arena' date=' his OZ tour not so impressive he has bowling and batting talent no doubt , hopefully he gets to play under a better captain, who can set better fields and has some brains.[/quote'] He did manage to trouble few lefties. But as we have seen over the years Murali suffered in Australia very badly even when he was in the middle of a purple patch. It is not a good hunting ground for finger spinners. I very much doubt Ojha would have made any difference in Australia. Probably he would have been more economical.
He did manage to trouble few lefties. But as we have seen over the years Murali suffered in Australia very badly even when he was in the middle of a purple patch. It is not a good hunting ground for finger spinners. I very much doubt Ojha would have made any difference in Australia. Probably he would have been more economical.
Rahul, Ashwin are not typical spinner , both very tall, Ashwin if he bowled right areas , with aggressive fields he would've had a lot of success,he has the Carrom ball, gets bounce, same if Rahul had played Test, I believe captaincy was very very poor as well as selections specially reserve players and playing 11.
He did manage to trouble few lefties. But as we have seen over the years Murali suffered in Australia very badly even when he was in the middle of a purple patch. It is not a good hunting ground for finger spinners. I very much doubt Ojha would have made any difference in Australia. Probably he would have been more economical.
but he bowled terribly in last match. yes its harder but dont lose ur length and line he was bowling short.. full tosses (atleast one i remember) bowled little wide..no excuses for tht
Rahul' date=' Ashwin are not typical spinner , both very tall, Ashwin if he bowled right areas , with aggressive fields he would've had a lot of success,he has the Carrom ball, gets bounce, same if Rahul had played Test, I believe captaincy was very very poor as well as selections specially reserve players and playing 11.[/quote'] So you attribute all of Ashwins success in IPL to Dhonis captaincy :banghead: