Who should come at no. 6 position?? Virat or Rohit

chainsmoker

kohli can play new ball better than rohit he can protect the lower order from second new ball rohit so far has come down the order not sure if he can play swinging new ball better
Rohit Sharma is technically superior to kohli ,Who some times fall overs so is a candidate and he is still suspect against short ball as he genrally pulls of the front foot .He has done well in practice matches and wi series he did enough to start but if he fails for 2 tests wew have to look at rohit sharma.

Kohli has to be the obvious choice here irrespective of what Chappell and others have to say . Already an established Odi Batsman , played decently in the last test against West Indies so he deserves a chance before anyone else . There is no need to give Sharma his debut against Australia in the first test itself without testing Kohli .

to be fair to Ian Chappell he has always called for Rohit's inclusion. Even when he was dropped from the WC side He has been constantly saying that for a long time. I doubt this is a mind game. He really does think that. Though Virat has earned his shot. Simple.

Kohli has earned his spot and has done no harm to be dropped. To be honest, I would rather drop either Gauti or Veeru (whoever is more out of form) compared to Kohli if Rohit needs to be included. I hope Veeru clicks this time at least in the test series. I am still not sure about Veeru even after the record innings. He is just hit and miss nowadays and that innings was just one hit after dozens of misses which does not justify his automatic inclusion unless he is more consistent.

I say drop Gauti :hitler: and play Rohit at no.1 .... Then Kohli will do well down the order and Rohit will struggle so making it easy to decide who should remain in the side :wink:
Gauti opening with Sehwag means a left-right combo that has actually worked for India in the past (not counting the English drubbing :winky:). I thing Gauti can play a big innings if he gets set which cant be said about Rohit, him being a newcomer.
He is spot onl. But as it happens in India' date=' we will wait for Kohli for fail [b']considering how he has hammered runs in ODIs at home and once he is sorted out, Sharma is next big thing.
:facepalm: 54, 22, 28, 87*, 2 , 2, 81, 22, 0, 94, 55, 9, 7, 16, 107- thats Virat's 5 innings each in SA, WI and Eng, a total of 576 runs in 15 innings at an avg of 41 Did you expect him to score 100s in each of those innings?