Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread

Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread  

1. 1.

• Yes - these guys will give Martin and Tufnell a run for their money
    • No - there might be a team out there with a poorer tail

I dint see how Ashwin bowled in this match, i know everyone sucked but was he at least containing one end? Did he create any chances? If not i think Ohja should be selected, we cannot have Ashwin in the team because he bats well, his primary roll is to take wickets and if he had a bad match as a spinner then there is nothing wrong in trying Ojha, he is on par if not a better spinner than Ashwin.

11 gg rahane dravid sachin sehwag laxman dhoni ashwin zak yadav ishant ps but appears as of rohit will come in at #6, sehwag will open and get a big 100 :dance:
I like the 1.. Seriously we are overlooking Viru's inabilities as an opener outside India. He is better off at #6 but I am also not sure whether he would be able to play with the tails or not. But it's high time now that we stop this experiment of sending him as the opener outside India.

team will be same...nobody including dhoni have any power to tell anybody from sehwag,dravid,sachin, laxman to even change batting order...forget about dropping them...sucks to be part of such unprofessionalism of Indian cricket.... and kohli who should have been persisted with will dropped again for rohit sharma...sucha big confidence booster for kohli's career... and all unfit players stay ... so more pressure on batsmen n bowlers...and Dhoni will be getting flak whichever way until some great fighting performance shown by someone... a team still dependent on individuals instead of performing together(batting,bowling,fielding)

We've treated him with way too much respect. We do that to young opponents or out-of-form oldies all the time.
So did Saffers did the same to Cummins and he is better than Cummins and he did great against NZ too. All this cannot be just because of bad batting. There must be something in his bowling that leaves batsmen helpless.

Replace Ashwin with Ojha for Perth Test: Ganguly Former India captain Sourav Ganguly feels that the Indian bowling attack does not require a total overhaul but wants off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin replaced with left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha. Ganguly said Ashwin hasn't bowled well in the first two Tests, as spin accounted for just four of the 24 Australian wickets to fall in the series, and backed the 25-year-old Ojha to play in Perth. "I think the left-arm spinner could come in and do well. He's a good bowler and he's ready, and Ashwin obviously hasn't bowled well," said Ganguly. Ganguly feels the 659-run hammering India's attack took in the first innings in Sydney was an aberration. "I thought Umesh Yadav bowled very well in Melbourne so you can't leave him out after one bad Test match, and he had bowled very well previous to that," he said. Ganguly advised the Indian cricketers to spend time away from the nets before focussing on the third Test in Perth that starts Friday. "You can't practise all the time, you need breaks. They need to get the loss out of their system," he said. http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/jan/090112-Replace-Ashwin-with-Ojha-Ganguly.htm

Agree that Ojha is the better bowler but you can't take Ashwin out of the team because of his batting performances. You should never retain a bowler in the side because he is there to take wickets but Ojha is not better to the extent that it would be worth getting rid of Ashwin to lengthen our tail further.