Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

for the first time in my life, i want india to lose a test match. i really, really hope that australia just smashes india for one last time. please, please, please. an innings and 200 runs. the bigger the margin, the better. the best scenario would involve some sort of record breaking defeat with a innings so abysmal that nobody forgets. something similar to that 47 all out that australia recently suffered would be ideal. if i was a paki, i would be making duas by now. thankfully, i will never sink that low. why do i want india to lose?? because this is the only way changes will be made. i would love to see the ********* kuttas of the BCCI, like that bhen ka ***** with the red dot, Srinansnanvasaran, say that this is india's best team after they are bowled out for double figures. lets see if he can justify a 47 all out. lets see mr. rajeev shukla, honorary sifarshi chairman of the IPL, talk about how india were 'unlucky' and how winning and losing is part of the game after india suffer their biggest defeat. will he have the balls??? these people are taking the indian public for a ride. they think you are all gullible fools. they think you all will casually forget 8 test match defeats in a row, they think you will keep turning up and worshipping your favourite cricketers once they come back home. for all i know, some of you might well because you are morons who know of nothing else, but i am sure there is still some pride and honour associated with indian cricket. pride that the BCCI administrators use to wipe their asses with, by making ridiculous excuses and trying to sugar coat the issues that plague our team even after the same set of players sink to their lowest of lows. the media has been making some huge noise lately, they have been asking the tough questions that should have been asked a long time ago. there are vested interests, but by and large, there is some unrest...much needed unrest. and that needs to continue. its the only way you can ever see changes being made and this team getting on the right track. i can bet my bottom dollar that if india, by some fluke, manage to win or even draw the test series, everything will be brushed away and the dot face will go back to talking about luck and how our team is the best available and how the batsmen are great and how they need a bit of luck to avoid losing every single test by an innings. and everyone will forget...especially the media, who are desperate to celebrate some meagre success. this really can't happen, jsut the thought of it is tragic. any positive result in adelaide would delay the rehabilitation of indian cricket by another couple of months at least. the same old dravids, laxmans, tendulkars and dhonis and these washed up pieces of trash will keep pissing all over the indian cricket team, backed by a complicit board that cares about little else but maintaining their superstar reputations and minting money off a gullible fan base. we are at a crossroads here, and the reality needs to punch them in the face. thats why when i tune into watch the adelaide test, i am really hoping for nothing less than a massive, massive defeat. do us a favour, australia.

Will Established cricketers willfully underperform in IPL I know this sounds strange and crazy, but tis thought occured to me.. India players who have played for some time and are now in fringes due to improper action or lack of basics. will they start to underperform in IPL? say lets take ishant or sreesanth or Irfan.. these guys are nowhere near what they were when they came in and have played close to 4 seasons of IPL and know that they would have to really work hard to make the team and have made decent riches in IPL and would also know that if they dont get india opportunity they will also miss IPL money. so instead of changing technique for IPl, will these players start to just expriment the line and length in IPL irrespective of results.. the same could hold true for batsmen. trying to play conventional shots which is needed for long term survival.. if i were an india player, thats what i would do.. so far we have been winning, so it was fine.. but now with these losses if we are blaming IPL for it, i am sure somewhere within their mental frame too they would feel it.. so i have a feeling that the older players would start to just be honing their basics in IPL as opposed to playing dilscoop or reverse shots. anyways the money is guaranteed for three years.. so whats your opinion folks.. trying to throw some conspiracy theories for betterment of Indian cricket...

These feckers know its going to be another innings defeat. I hope the Indian cricket supporters too go shopping instead of wasting time watching these guys play.
Huh? Why do you underestimate the tactics and energy levels involved in shopping? Have you ever really shopped? Spent hours window shopping, used a complex algorithm to finalize on the choice, spent hours in trial rooms trying out different things, negotiated for discounts. Its a game in itself, and we Indians have been world champions at that since 10000 BC. I mean come on, any body can hit 99 centuries or hit a few trundlers for 6. But not everyone can shop in style. Credit where it is due.

So let me get this straight .. they guy who has been getting out with reckless shots every innings this tour has now been made captain for this last test .. way to set an example BCCI :fail: If I was in charge I would put Sehwag on the first flight back to India. But alas no Sehwag would mean much lower TV ratings .. and that would hit the BCCI where it counts the most .. their pockets.

for the first time in my life, i want india to lose a test match. i really, really hope that australia just smashes india for one last time. please, please, please. an innings and 200 runs. the bigger the margin, the better. the best scenario would involve some sort of record breaking defeat with a innings so abysmal that nobody forgets. something similar to that 47 all out that australia recently suffered would be ideal. if i was a paki, i would be making duas by now. thankfully, i will never sink that low. why do i want india to lose?? because this is the only way changes will be made. i would love to see the ********* kuttas of the BCCI, like that bhen ka ***** with the red dot, Srinansnanvasaran, say that this is india's best team after they are bowled out for double figures. lets see if he can justify a 47 all out. lets see mr. rajeev shukla, honorary sifarshi chairman of the IPL, talk about how india were 'unlucky' and how winning and losing is part of the game after india suffer their biggest defeat. will he have the balls??? these people are taking the indian public for a ride. they think you are all gullible fools. they think you all will casually forget 8 test match defeats in a row, they think you will keep turning up and worshipping your favourite cricketers once they come back home. for all i know, some of you might well because you are morons who know of nothing else, but i am sure there is still some pride and honour associated with indian cricket. pride that the BCCI administrators use to wipe their asses with, by making ridiculous excuses and trying to sugar coat the issues that plague our team even after the same set of players sink to their lowest of lows. the media has been making some huge noise lately, they have been asking the tough questions that should have been asked a long time ago. there are vested interests, but by and large, there is some unrest...much needed unrest. and that needs to continue. its the only way you can ever see changes being made and this team getting on the right track. i can bet my bottom dollar that if india, by some fluke, manage to win or even draw the test series, everything will be brushed away and the dot face will go back to talking about luck and how our team is the best available and how the batsmen are great and how they need a bit of luck to avoid losing every single test by an innings. and everyone will forget...especially the media, who are desperate to celebrate some meagre success. this really can't happen, jsut the thought of it is tragic. any positive result in adelaide would delay the rehabilitation of indian cricket by another couple of months at least. the same old dravids, laxmans, tendulkars and dhonis and these washed up pieces of trash will keep pissing all over the indian cricket team, backed by a complicit board that cares about little else but maintaining their superstar reputations and minting money off a gullible fan base. we are at a crossroads here, and the reality needs to punch them in the face. thats why when i tune into watch the adelaide test, i am really hoping for nothing less than a massive, massive defeat. do us a favour, australia.
epic rant, but i agree - AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

Ed Cowan confident of handing India an 'absolute drubbing' Cowan confident of handing India an 'absolute drubbing' Sydney, Fri, Jan 20 2012 Its result would be inconsequential to the series outcome but Australian opener Ed Cowan said his team is motivated to win the fourth Test against India in Adelaide as the hosts want to hand out an "absolute drubbing to the second best side in the world." Australia lead the four--match series 3--0 but Cowan said there is no lack of motivation to continue with the dominance in Adelaide where the fourth game would be played from January 24. "It's exciting that we're on the verge of something special as a team. 4--0 would be an absolute drubbing of the second best team in the world," Cowan said, referring to India's second spot in the ICC Test rankings. The 29--year--old has made a solid start to his Test career, scoring 166 runs at an average of 41 in three matches against India and he is desperate to hold on to his place even when regular opener Shane Watson returns from injury layoff. "He (Watson) is probably the best player in the country so they certainly do have to fit him in," Cowan said. "It's no different to any other team, when guys are coming back you've got to hold your place in the team through weight of runs. "How I see my job is to make it so difficult for the selectors, that Shane Watson has to bat somewhere else in the batting order. That's simply done by me going out and making runs and the rest takes care of itself," he added. "If they're having a discussion 'should Shane Watson be opening the batting' then I'm not doing my job." Cowan said he would give himself a "pass mark" for his performance so far. "Two 50s in three games ... that's OK, that's a pass, but it's not brilliant," Cowan said. "That's why there's excitement for this Test as well, to really cement that spot and make that a really difficult conversation for the tour of the West Indies." PTI http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/48670/cowan-confident-of-handing-india-an-absolute-drubbing