Should Tendulkar retire himself at the end of this series? (Poll added)

Ponka

Should Tendulkar retire himself at the end of this series? (Poll added)  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

well, his ''expiry date is near" (if not already expired) so this thread is not about should Tendulkar retire but what should be his exit strategy .... Poll coming up
good question, but unfortunately most people can not separate it from the question in the OP it got merged to. I would say, stop abusing his fitness with IPL, IPL can and must wait for his retirement. Play most of the ODIs and tests until he can wake up early in the morning for practice sessions, give 100% there and in field, and be in the top 3-4 bats of the Indian XI.
They were all groomed. The better a player turns out to be the better his grooming was and the more talented a youngster is the more hungry he is to learn from his seniors. Nobody just walks into the international team and takes to it like he's been born to it. All of them entered as novices and were guided' date=' mentored and helped by more experienced teammates, retired players and various coaches to become the best at what they do.[/quote'] most folks here use the word 'groom in' to mean - make way for the young-guns. Besides, good to see that you have mentioned the role of 'seniors' in the actual 'grooming' process.
most folks here use the word 'groom in' to mean - make way for the young-guns. Besides, good to see that you have mentioned the role of 'seniors' in the actual 'grooming' process.
You've got that wrong. Nobody thinks of it as 'groom in' - it doesn't even make sense. Seniors who are performing and are secure in their positions make excellent mentors. Insecure seniors tend to play mischief and misguide the youngsters because they see them as threats to their own place in the team.

I don't know what's there in ODIs for youngsters for 'grooming'.. Even players like Raina etc are pretty experienced and teach a thing or two to rank youngsters.. SRT is unnecessary hanging in ODIs.. I don't see any logic for him to continue playing in ODIs. I can agree that his presence in Test squad can be beneficial for young players to learn and get groomed.. Why ODIs? What's the need? His stint in ODIs might affect his Test match fitness, of whatever it remains...

Good to see Sachin being decisive about his retirement. Would have preferred it if he hadn't linked it with his next century. But' date=' at least he will go out on a high which he deserves.[/quote'] He didn't even say that. It was the "sources" again :cantstop: