Should Tendulkar retire himself at the end of this series? (Poll added)

Ponka

Should Tendulkar retire himself at the end of this series? (Poll added)  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Sachin is in woeful form now. It seems his reflexes have betrayed him and his confidence is shot ever since the Sydney test. Ideally he should have left ODIs after the euphoria of WC win. Dravid knew his time was up and retired. Even he didnt time it well. Honestly, I blame his rabid fans and the media for this situation. Even if he didnt want the 100th ton, the media and the fans make it a big deal. Lets hope Sachin hits rich form and retires before the next drop in form comes. I don't think the selectors will ask him to go. My only worry is Sachin not ending it on a high.
Dravid timed it wonderfully well. He was the best batsman by far in Eng and had a poor series in Aus and retired immediately, not even wanting to play a "farewell" series which he would have very well played in if he wanted. Hats off to Dravid :hatsoff:
Sachin is in woeful form now. It seems his reflexes have betrayed him and his confidence is shot ever since the Sydney test. Ideally he should have left ODIs after the euphoria of WC win. Dravid knew his time was up and retired. Even he didnt time it well. Honestly, I blame his rabid fans and the media for this situation. Even if he didnt want the 100th ton, the media and the fans make it a big deal. Lets hope Sachin hits rich form and retires before the next drop in form comes. I don't think the selectors will ask him to go. My only worry is Sachin not ending it on a high.
Lol, so all it takes is 2 months for reflexes to slow down significantly. Aur gyanvardhan karein zara sports science mein...:finger:
Dravid timed it wonderfully well. He was the best batsman by far in Eng and had a poor series in Aus and retired immediately' date= not even wanting to play a "farewell" series which he would have very well played in if he wanted. Hats off to Dravid :hatsoff:
Did you hear what Dravid himself had to say on this?

I think he can continue in test cricket coz there is room for selfish play there.. Also oneday cricket has changed frm 1990s and its now become powerplay specially in sub continent..We already hv kohli and gambhir who can play anchor role cant afford sachin..He dis balances the oneday side.. In test he can continue,dravid retired and i think vvs should also go.. sachins performance in both the tours was better then vvs adn also he is more fit..so he can continue at no 4 wid yongster playing up and downl at 3 and 5... as for oneday cricket is concerned its over for srt.. Test cricket havent changed much..

"My critics haven't taught me my cricket," "The day he feels "a little less passion" when walking out to bat for India, I will give up the game" , "critics didn't need to tell me to do so." "The World Cup was about India and I had no right to make it an event of my own. My retirement was a non-issue, really. Had I announced soon after winning the trophy, the focus would have shifted from the Cup triumph to my retirement" "I still get goosebumps as I stand with my teammates when the national anthem is on. I still feel the same passion when I pick up my bat and go out," "The one thing my journey has taught me is that however good you are and however talented you are, you have to be ready to grind it out in times of difficulty. You must be prepared to work hard. Keep working hard. And harder. " "I can tell you losses hurt, they hurt really badly. The entire team is keen to stage a turnaround and give fans a lot more to cheer about when we play England in October/November this year. It is important to overcome the really bad phase and move on and I want to do my bit to ensure that Indian Test cricket is back on track,"

BUt knowing sachin tendulkar obsession for record he is targeting century of half centuries and half century of centuries and 20k runs in odi cricket...Its physiology of a selfish character.. Just guessing..
Also he is joint top on most dismissals in 90's. One more dismissal and he will have top spot, another record for the dwarf. Don't remind him of this record or he may start to choke in 80's :cantstop: