A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

Jeez, what a white lie. You would have been among the first ones in that case to open a thread that "Sachin can't even score against Bangbros. When bowlers concede 360 and India could not chase, it's Sachin's fault. When bowlers could not defend 290,it's Sachin's fault. I am pretty sure somewhere Sachin is responsible for global warming as well.
No.. he had 8 failures before this series.. was i this much upset.. show me plz.. It is getting boring seeing you guys defending Sachin blindly with lines like "global warming - sachin is the reason". Did you see me complaining when he made 100s in world cup? Sachin fanatics have this paraonia that world is out to get sachin. You think Dhoni doesn't get abused for his batting? He averages 50 with a strike rate close to 90 and finished so many matches. He still gets criticisms. Don't see you guys defending him .

There was a period of 7 to 8 overs with Sachin in his 80s when India scored @ less than 3 runs per over. So we could have easily scored at least another 20 runs eventually. Having said that, our bowling was absolutely crap yesterday. Any decent attack bowling would have been able to defend 289. Now that Sachin's 100th 100 is out of the way, let us hope the team plays for the team and performs in the rest of the matches.

better bowlers were they Garner or Ambrose. Same bowlers bowled in late overs whom Raina and Dhoni went after. Different is not stark but just about 35 runs which would have been enough to put an out of reach total even for this Indian bowling against BD.
Garner? :confused: Ambrose? I haven't been able to garner what your points are. On a side note, what are the various permutations and combinations possible now. Is it still possible for India and Bangladesh to qualify, provided both win their next game with a bonus point?
Garner? :confused: Ambrose? I haven't been able to garner what your points are. On a side note, what are the various permutations and combinations possible now. Is it still possible for India and Bangladesh to qualify, provided both win their next game with a bonus point?
check my thread, titled tournament is alive. Pakistan is already in finals.
This is turning out to be the most Disgraceful thread of ICF .Yes ' date=it was not his fluent innings and he was also responsible for yesterdays loss like our bowlers were too ,but amount of Venom spit on Sachin is really uncalled for.
I second that. The thread title should be changed to "the most disgraceful thread of ICF". Is 'The outsider' New FL? :winky:
This is turning out to be the most Disgraceful thread of ICF .Yes ' date=it was not his fluent innings and he was also responsible for yesterdays loss like our bowlers were too ,but amount of Venom spit on Sachin is really uncalled for.
Absolutely...it was certainly amongst his worst 100s but to target the man as 100% responsible for the loss,question his integrity,saying "he intentionally underperformed...",I think we have disgraced ourselves.
Disgraceful moment in Indian cricket? Give me a break. The hype surrounding the 100th ton was getting out of hand, it was quite clearly affecting both the team and Sachin. He had to do his utmost to ensure he got it on this occasion otherwise the saga would have never ended. Getting it out of the way I'm sure will 'free up' India in future matches. In the context of his strike rate, yes it was slower than usual but given the above in mind AND the fact that the opposition was Bangladesh, the approach he took was understandable. More often than not India WILL defend 290 against Bangladesh. Some 'fans' on here really need to take a step back from the keyboard and attempt to put themselves in the shoes of Sachin for a moment as some of the comments are ludicrous.
Fully agree. Yest match was no where close to a disgraceful moment in Indian cricket. It was not a good day in the field for the master, which was not unusual given the kind of recent form he has been in, nothing more, nothing less. He did deserve some criticism for slowing down, but disgrace to Indian cricket? No. I am not so sure about the comment that India WILL defend 290 against Bangladesh, more often that not. The bowling unit for this Asia cup has no strike bowlers, I won't be surprised if they failed to defend 290 nine times out of ten. If your best bowler is Vinay or Praveen bowling at 120kph. then you have to score 320 to set up the match on those patta wickets. Bangladesh were very well aware that they can chase a big score and they said it openly. That is why India should have taken the extra effort to score more runs and not claim that the batsmen had done their part by scoring 290. When one batsman takes up half the balls of the innings, he is expected to score more than half the team total because he was in the most suitable position to accelerate towards the end. It did not happen because the focus was not on building the team total but an irrelevant milestone. Let India loose to bangladesh after making 320 if they have the potential to make those many runs. Underperformance is the issue.
I've read the statistic that says India scored 289 runs of which Sachin scored 114 in 147 deliveries @ 4.65 rpo and the others scored 175 in 153 deliveries @ 6.8 rpo; on many sites and newspapers. Why are we counting extras in the runs the 'others' have scored. Remove the 18 extras and the score is 157 in 153 deliveries @ ~ 6 rpo. The difference isn't that stark, considering that Sachin had to face the better bowlers initially.
Do you agree that settled batsmen make more runs? Sachin showed no acceleration or urgency till he got to 100, that was the issue. He was 82 off 102 balls and was 100 off 138 balls. He scored 18 runs in 36 balls while India was cruising towards 320-330 and killed the momentum.
The point is that bowling "attack" shouldn't be discussed in the first place :haha: It's when your strength and most experienced players play dumb cricket that's what brings more disgrace :doh: Say you represent Tendulkaristan in Olympics as the coach of the relay team. Out of all Tendulkaristan, you could find only 2 really quick runners and the other 2 are avg runners. So what's disgraceful: the 2 avg runners running averagely or the 2 quick runners running avg or below avg ' But you probably wouldn't get it and as a coach of "tendulkaristan" blame the two avg runners, who ran as expected :giggle:
What your types do not realize is that 'disgrace' is a very strong word and reserved for extreme cases. As simple as that. As for selfish play of couple of overs, Sachin is as much guilty of selfishness, as everyone else - who asked him question for 100th 100, since his 99th. What transpired yesterday in those few minutes is the reflection of the collective obsession of every one who was after his head for - taking too long for next 100. Another example is Gambhir's vent after scoring 100 in the last match. He must have also been questioned incessantly, even though he was contributing well enough - especially recently. How else do you explain that during 0-8 drubbing , no one bothered about relative performance of the batsmen, rather the goal post was shifted to "not a 100 since so and so date". So, folks - you brought it upon yourself.
Our Bowling is bad so batsmen should be blamed ? You keep enlightening rest of the world with your profound logic. :haha:
Lets hire ICF ke phaaast bowlers and ask our batsmen to put scores of 7-800, every single time. anything less than that - we can always call for their heads.

Sure he wasted and if he didn't but got out in the process you will probably be saying he can't even get to a hundred against Bangladesh. This is a no win situation for Sachin Tendulkar, anyways it's your opinion and if you thought it was a disgrace so be it. Perhaps he didn't reckon Bangladesh would be able to chase down the target so he took time? Hindsight is good but we are not blessed with it.

Our Bowling is bad so batsmen should be blamed ? You keep enlightening rest of the world with your profound logic. :haha:
lolwhat.. our bowling really suck and you should not bring it to defend sachins selfish innings.. its a 350++ pitch and sachin restricted us to 289 instead of 350.. check the below scorecard 29720912.jpg
Sure he wasted and if he didn't but got out in the process you will probably be saying he can't even get to a hundred against Bangladesh. This is a no win situation for Sachin Tendulkar' date=' anyways it's your opinion and if you thought it was a disgrace so be it. Perhaps he didn't reckon Bangladesh would be able to chase down the target so he took time? Hindsight is good but we are not blessed with it.[/quote'] That is what I posted. Dilli ka laddu. He would be criticized no matter what.
Do you agree that settled batsmen make more runs? Sachin showed no acceleration or urgency till he got to 100' date=' that was the issue. He was 82 off 102 balls and was 100 off 138 balls. He scored 18 runs in 36 balls while India was cruising towards 320-330 and killed the momentum.[/quote'] Normally the batsman that plays the long innings plays the role of one who binds the innings and other around him do the job of scoring fast. It's nothing new, has been happening for ages. Rahud Dravid has played that role for India numerous times and often at a much slower pace than Sachin's. When he does it, he is called the wall. When Sachin does it, he is selfish.