A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

Some tough points, digest if you can. How many careers he didnt allow to come into team cuz he was always preferred by selectors to be given a permanent run in the team when he was non-performing? Why a different selection criterion for him??? He gave his life to the team for himself. He got respect, money and fame in return. If he hadn't showed up, somebody else would have. It was his decision to play cricket, not the billions of Indians went to his home when he was 15 to ask him to play cricket. BS Logic of yours and other sachin fanactics to come up with that. In west nobody gives a damn to such points and see where they're in every field internationally. You did it for yourself what you did and you got everything in return which you expected - simple. He spent over 20 years in cricket. Tell how many times he saved India (do not mention personal records here), just talk about India. Those 2 knocks in Sharjah, One in centurion against Pakistan, couple of other test match knocks, one ODI knock here and there. In 20+ years you can't come up with more than 10 innings on Tendulkar where he saved India from scars of defeat. Point is simple, The day he said after achieving his 100th century that it was his 22 year goal, that was enough as Indian fan to reach conclusion that he played for centuries in the end. In his mind he was destined to achieve 100th 100 and in that process he kicked **** of Kohli's epic knock and India's chances of winning another Asia Cup. Not to mention, where was his pride to come up infront of media as the best batsman of India when India was losing 8-0? He was okay to send youngster in press conferences. Thats a dont care country attitude right there when you cant defend your country in tough times.
there u go outy now wht are the chances tht even im in ignore list :haha:
There might have been a few occasional posters who have called his entire career a selfish pursuit, but among the regular vocal posters I can recall off the top of my head like U_G, Lurker, mcenley, Outsider no one has done that. The innings was called selfish and a disgrace to Indian cricket and anyone can go to the start of this thread to see from where the personal attacks began. Don't think anything has been deleted/edited in the thread. I am not replying to the rest of your post because if you genuinely believe he was anchoring the innings rather than selfishly pursuing his hundred, nothing I am going to say at this point is going to convince you.
The problem with these discussions when people take sides, everyone's opinions are lumped together. That happens on both sides. I never said I genuinely believe that. I mentioned an anchor role is played and people can play around him. Others still had the opportunity to score quickly around him. I've explained it was pretty selfish on his part, but I don't blame him for it. To me, its just everyone is so upset we lost to Bangladesh, he's the easiest target as he played a pretty poor innings. But there were many other factors which contributed to that loss, which you and others want to remain ignorant to. Anyway it seems we're not going to agree on anything here......
The problem with these discussions when people take sides, everyone's opinions are lumped together. That happens on both sides. I never said I genuinely believe that. I mentioned an anchor role is played and people can play around him. Others still had the opportunity to score quickly around him. I've explained it was pretty selfish on his part, but I don't blame him for it. To me, its just everyone is so upset we lost to Bangladesh, he's the easiest target as he played a pretty poor innings. But there were many other factors which contributed to that loss, which you and others want to remain ignorant to.Anyway it seems we're not going to agree on anything here......
Like what mate? Give me top 3 reasons why we lost to BD. Atleast then you can not claim the "attackers" are not giving you (and Sachin) a free hearing.
Like what mate? Give me top 3 reasons why we lost to BD. Atleast then you can not claim the "attackers" are not giving you (and Sachin) a free hearing.
Lurks, may I take the liberty to respond? Sure, Sachin jeopardized our chances but I'm not too confident that the bowlers may have been able to defend the extra 20-30 runs. 1. Sachin Tendulkar (slowest 2nd ton in ODIs) 2. Listless bowling attack My reasons. If you push me to name the 3rd, I would be harsh and put MS Dhoni's captaincy on that list.
Lurks' date=' may I take the liberty to respond? Sure, Sachin jeopardized our chances but [b']I'm not too confident that the bowlers may have been able to defend the extra 20-30 runs. 1. Sachin Tendulkar (slowest 2nd ton in ODIs) 2. Listless bowling attack My reasons. If you push me to name the 3rd, I would be harsh and put MS Dhoni's captaincy on that list.
Oh yeah absolutely. It was trashy bowling, we have the worst bowling from the top teams right now. That said, if Praveen, Irfan, Vinay, Ashwin...any of these, or all of these are dropped in the next game nobody would complain much. However just criticising Sachin's bad paced innings is making even the reasonable fans become bhakts and start to cringe. That just seems woeful, doesnt it?
The problem with these discussions when people take sides, everyone's opinions are lumped together. That happens on both sides. I never said I genuinely believe that. I mentioned an anchor role is played and people can play around him. Others still had the opportunity to score quickly around him. I've explained it was pretty selfish on his part, but I don't blame him for it. To me, its just everyone is so upset we lost to Bangladesh, he's the easiest target as he played a pretty poor innings. But there were many other factors which contributed to that loss, which you and others want to remain ignorant to. Anyway it seems we're not going to agree on anything here......
What factors am I ignorant to? The bowling? Don't you think I know that a bowling attack of Pathan, Dinda, Praveen, and Ashwin is decidedly mediocre, if I am being generous with the use of the word mediocre here? Isn't that all the more reason for the batsmen to try and give them as much to defend as possible without pursuing their own goals? Upsets happen in cricket and a worse Bangladesh team was able to chase down 250 against McGrath, Gillespie, Kasprovizc, and Hogg - one of the best ODI bowling line ups outside the subcontinent. When the stakes are high the risks are evaluated not on the basis of the average shortfall, but on the basis of an unlikely, but potentially disastrous scenario. And as it turns out the disastrous scenario did materialize.
One of them is - Indian team did not have access to statistics kay bhagwans to tell them, that 6 years ago a relatively inferior Bangaladesh team managed to chase a total against better bowling attack. With their inferior statistics skills, how can you expect Metric fail Sachin and most likely undergrad Kohli to come up with a better estimate?
One of them is - Indian team did not have access to statistics kay bhagwans to tell them' date= that 6 years ago a relatively inferior Bangaladesh team managed to chase a total against better bowling attack. With their inferior statistics skills, how can you expect Metric fail Sachin and most likely undergrad Kohli to come up with a better estimate?
Sweet. You managed to maintain your IQ score. Congrats :two_thumbs_up:

SRT needs to understand that if he's opening the batting, he needs to get all the monkeys off his back before the mandatory BPP starts..and leave the last 15 overs onslought for the professionals..You effing cannot feck around till 44th over to screw up and deny batsment who are adept in that situation to propel the score..No monkey business in last 15 overs.. :hitler:

SRT needs to understand that if he's opening the batting' date=' he needs to get all the monkeys off his back before the mandatory BPP starts..and leave the last 15 overs onslought for the professionals..You effing cannot feck around till 44th over to screw up and deny batsment who are adept in that situation to propel the score..No monkey business in last 15 overs.. :hitler:[/quote'] Yes!! Here's for you PDT_orcass.gif
Thanks :bow: Now please, you must hurry for the psychotherapy session to erase the childhood memories of mujras and kothas.
Aise Kaise. :nono: Abhi to paan aur tambakhoo lekar aana hai tumhar naach dekhna Jamna bai. Thora angrezi gaana sunana is baar. Desi daaroo leke aaya hoon main merei chammak challo.
Oh yeah absolutely. It was trashy bowling, we have the worst bowling from the top teams right now. That said, if Praveen, Irfan, Vinay, Ashwin...any of these, or all of these are dropped in the next game nobody would complain much. However just criticising Sachin's bad paced innings is making even the reasonable fans become bhakts and start to cringe. That just seems woeful, doesnt it?
The way I see it, Tendulkar's innings, definitely takes some (but not all) of the blame. Here's an interesting article I was reading. Not much insight but throw up some good points about Selfishness in sport. (Thought about posting yesterday but didn't feel like as the Bhakht brigade would again start abusing). http://expressbuzz.com/cricket/in-sport-selfishness-is-intrinsic-to-greatness/374348.html
Trained from an early age to be selfish - Tendulkar knew that when he got out, something went out of the Indian challenge - the great sportsman finds it impossible to change the habits of a lifetime. It is impossible to divide selfishness. Who is to decide (except after the event) whether selfishness was in the team cause or the individual cause? Patterns become clear only in hindsight, which means occasionally the obsession to make hundreds (which is usually in the interests of the team) falls overboard into the sea of mere individual greed rather than team need.
What factors am I ignorant to? The bowling? Don't you think I know that a bowling attack of Pathan, Dinda, Praveen, and Ashwin is decidedly mediocre, if I am being generous with the use of the word mediocre here? Isn't that all the more reason for the batsmen to try and give them as much to defend as possible without pursuing their own goals? Upsets happen in cricket and a worse Bangladesh team was able to chase down 250 against McGrath, Gillespie, Kasprovizc, and Hogg - one of the best ODI bowling line ups outside the subcontinent. When the stakes are high the risks are evaluated not on the basis of the average shortfall, but on the basis of an unlikely, but potentially disastrous scenario. And as it turns out the disastrous scenario did materialize.
Doesn't that answer your whole point.....May be Hayden,Ponting,Gilchrist,Martyn etc etc who probably played the game were also selfish for setting up such a low total against Bang Bros
Doesn't that answer your whole point.....May be Hayden' date='Ponting,Gilchrist,Martyn etc etc who probably played the game were also selfish for setting up such a low total against Bang Bros[/quote'] :haha::haha: they never brought down 350 run target to 290 run target single handedly like sachin :cantstop::cantstop: