The Official Rajasthan Royals fans club.

Sir john

not on a seaming pitch. They prepare a green wicket as they did v KKR then the likes of Mooli and Raina are going to be walking wickets. Ashwin might as well prepare his batting cause Dhoni will hide again. The only hope is Hussey and Badri. Compare that to Rahane and Dravid right at the top of the innings who have the defence to cope with the pitch. Followed by a Watson. CSK will be at advantage on a flat and slow wicket. RR just dont have any quality spinners. CSK have them in the form of Jaddu and Ashwin. A lot depends on what sort of pitch turns up. While Srini was impotent to out power Ambani, i am sure that he will do everything in his power to ensure the pitches are nice and flat in Rajasthan a smaller team. In that sense Mumbai has all bases covered in its bowling. Ojha+Bhajji >>>> Ashwin +Jaddu with the ball this season.
We saw Mumbai's batting on seaming track in Jaipur :giggle: . They are the worst batting side on helpful tracks. THey showed that in Hyderabad as well.

i think you need to concentrate on CSK at home. Prepare a heavily seaming pitch and include Sree and Tait. RR need one more win to confirm a spot.
Yes, one good performance against CSK, they will actually be no.1 in the table. But they do have a terrible record against CSK, >7 consecutive losses. And it will be interesting to see how CSK approach it, they do have a game 48 hours later of that at Chennai. Will they rest some players?

Wonderful performance. 9 wins should secure them a spot in the semis. Thoroughly well deserved. The achievement despite giving chances to so many unproven players - Yagnik, Samson, Shukla,Chandila, Tambe, will add Binny in that category as well :hatsoff:
A lot of unknown players who have been given good opportunities by RR. It will be interesting to see how loyal will these players be for the next season. Trivedi perhaps is the best example, he did stick with RR despite many other offers.

A lot of unknown players who have been given good opportunities by RR. It will be interesting to see how loyal will these players be for the next season. Trivedi perhaps is the best example, he did stick with RR despite many other offers.
If you are raw and young best franchise to grow up is Royals where they give equal responsibility to youngsters as seniors unlike RCB where others don't feel significant amidst the giants like Gayle ABDV, Kohli.

If you are raw and young best franchise to grow up is Royals where they give equal responsibility to youngsters as seniors unlike RCB where others don't feel significant amidst the giants like Gayle ABDV' date=' Kohli.[/quote'] Yes, which I why I am saying that these players will have a loyalty test soon. And they should not show greed. (like Manish Pandey, Jadeja who belong to that category)

If you are raw and young best franchise to grow up is Royals where they give equal responsibility to youngsters as seniors unlike RCB where others don't feel significant amidst the giants like Gayle ABDV' date=' Kohli.[/quote'] Kohli has been in RCB right from his U-19 wc days.. if I remember correctly ,from IPL-1 itself... he has not done too badly

i think kohli is one of an exception than the rule. Usually at big franchises you get limited chances. Look at Saha at CSK, forced to fake an injury cause they want Mooli to open due to some quota despite performing well in the limited games he has been given. But the biggest example has been Rahane and Pujara. Rahane did not get the chances at mumbai and was not backed. He took a pay cut and went to RR despite mumbai offering him more money. 2-3 seasons later he is really performing well for them. I will be very surprised if Rahane does not fetch 1 million or more at the IPL auction from one of the big clubs (assuming Royals dont retain him at a big sum) . Pujara on the other hand has a big price at RCB but rarely plays for them. His T20 career is stalled. Rahane has made an Indian debut in that time on the back of his RR performances. As a mumbai fan i do hope we tempt back Rahane and ensure him a starting spot and back him. He knows the Wankhede pitch well and we always have big opening issues. The likes of Samson Binny etc will do well to stick with RR for a few more seasons or maybe even 3 years. These guys are still young and will only increase their price due to extended playing time.

Pujara didn't utilized chances he got ' date=' lot of single digit scores and poor SR.[/quote'] yeah but he got limited chances Rahane too in his first season for the royals was not exactly great either. 2011 his first season at Royals he averaged 20 with a strike rate of 122. Which is strictly ok. Its only the last two seasons (last year and this year) that he has come to the party in a big way. He currently has better stats any Indian opener in the IPL at the moment. He also has more man of the match awards than any Indian batsman in the IPL this season (3) Pujara and Rahane are similar players. I think Pujara has the potential to average above 30 with the bat and have a strike rate of 120. But IMO he needs a few games to set himself up. Maybe even a season to get his **** together and know what exactly his game is. He is not going to get that at RCB. Royals invested in Rahane in 2011 and its paying dividends in 2012 and 2013. These big teams dont have time to invest. They want performance on the spot. If Dravid does quit IPL for next season its time Royal invest in Pujara (assuming they can get him at a decent price) and open with Rahane and Pujara. We have all seen how well the Dravid-Rahane combo works. Its not always about power hitting up front.

RR has excellent talent pool. They are not superstars but they have lots of good options in batting and bowling. Whoever is the management for this franchise is doing a fine job, right since first edition. Less money and hype compared to other teams but high on quality.

RR has excellent talent pool. They are not superstars but they have lots of good options in batting and bowling. Whoever is the management for this franchise is doing a fine job' date=' right since first edition. Less money and hype compared to other teams but high on quality.[/quote'] yes..who so ever is planning for them has done a brilliant job. they picked the most effective talents from local teams ,binny for example is perfect pick for this format.. and they also keep eye for young raw talents like samson etc also picking guys like rahane who is probably most consistent indian opener in ipl this year is smart pick other teams are wasting players like pujara who can do similar job.. also i think they got bit lucky with hodge,he is a good player but has done better then expected. and watson does the job of 2 guys:cantstop: faulkner too another smart pick after keeping eye on big bash :hatsoff:

yes..who so ever is planning for them has done a brilliant job. they picked the most effective talents from local teams ,binny for example is perfect pick for this format.. and they also keep eye for young raw talents like samson etc also picking guys like rahane who is probably most consistent indian opener in ipl this year is smart pick other teams are wasting players like pujara who can do similar job.. also i think they got bit lucky with hodge,he is a good player but has done better then expected. and watson does the job of 2 guys:cantstop: faulkner too another smart pick after keeping eye on big bash :hatsoff:
Hodge is one of the highest scorers in T20 & Faulkener was touted as the next best thing by Warne..& as we all know Warne rarely goes wrong in identifying talents

Hodge is one of the highest scorers in T20 & Faulkener was touted as the next best thing by Warne..& as we all know Warne rarely goes wrong in identifying talents
lucky in sense that he is playing really well with rr for other teams in ipl in past he did badly..

lucky in sense that he is playing really well with rr for other teams in ipl in past he did badly..
Hodge was in KKR earlier & not too many are comfortable with Ganguly & Gayrukh & Buchanan...even Gayle underperformed there

exactly my point:cantstop:
but yeah good to see these players getting exposure.KXIP also does it to an extent.Miller would hv been benched in other big franchisees,now a star.Disapointing they havent given chances to Vohra,hopefully he comes back

to reiterate... team dynamics does have some effect on the individual performances.
form has an effect.Faulkner was in good form coming into this IPL,last year he wasnt.Tait did well with same RR last year now failing

Hodge was in KKR earlier & not too many are comfortable with Ganguly & Gayrukh & Buchanan...even Gayle underperformed there
well to me its the pitch and role.. in rr he has settled role on good pitch which suits him in kkr he was batting on turners with no clear role.. also imo rr pick teams with combination in mind see how balanced team is.. they have all rounders,bowlers who compliment each other.. also leadership has big role in it too warne was brilliant and this year dravid has really made them perform like a team .. even watson acts like a team man!:hatsoff: