'I learned to retain my self-belief' - Ajinkya Rahane

Texan

Rahane and Rohit have to be given a shot in Tests and give them enough chances before we judge them. They can't be all that bad given their FC stats.
Badri Averages 60.74. Mukund averages 54.05 in first class and 54.88 in List A Manoj Tiwary averages 58.58 Rahane averages 63.94 Pujara averages 53.32 Rohit averages 59.89 Bist averages 50.77 Suryakumar yadav averages 66.8 Abhishek Nayar averages 51.07 Seriously average in Indian domestic cricket has become a piece of cake these days.
Badri Averages 60.74. Mukund averages 54.05 in first class and 54.88 in List A Manoj Tiwary averages 58.58 Rahane averages 63.94 Pujara averages 53.32 Rohit averages 59.89 Bist averages 50.77 Suryakumar yadav averages 66.8 Abhishek Nayar averages 51.07 Seriously average in Indian domestic cricket has become a piece of cake these days.
Fair enough but guys like Pujara, Rahane and Rohit do have the talent and look quality when you watch them. For them it's just a matter of adjusting to intl cricket and I guess we need to give them some time and back them.
This thread was started after his "amazing" 98 in the IPL opening match :hysterical: .
Or maybe after that century sometime midway. It wasn't just the number of runs. It was the consistency and the quality of shots the guy was playing. He wasn't simply slogging. Egg ... meet my face! :haha:
Or maybe after that century sometime midway. It wasn't just the number of runs. It was the consistency and the quality of shots the guy was playing. He wasn't simply slogging. Egg ... meet my face! :haha:
If someone scores quick runs without slogging in a T20, it shouldn't mislead us to think that he is something special. M vijay sold us a dummy with that :cantstop: .

well even before his best IPL season he did well in England in ODIs where our top order struggled in most games. He is definately a future and its good that he finds out his issues during A tours, that will make him ready for Inidan test team

well even before his best IPL season he did well in England in ODIs where our top order struggled in most games. He is definately a future and its good that he finds out his issues during A tours, that will make him ready for Inidan test team
While his body of work at the international level is good (not great, but good), my post was made after after watching him score a ton in the IPL (where he was absolutely killing it through the halfway point). It's been downhill ever since - his IPL form dropped off and his WI trip has been miserable so far. Conclusion? My post was the kiss of death.

lol this is problem wth rahane he loses form and then some how gets back into form magically there was no reason for it in ipl over here too he played of phast bowlers and then got out to spinners ..he is still young and has long way to go def not counting him off just yet let these guys fail here no one cares.. .lets just hope they are ready when they represent indian test side

these upcoming indian players dont price their wickets, they mostly throw their wicket by playing a rash shot..they cant deal well with bounce nd seam + their temperament is very poor, heck even azhar ali has a better test match temperament than these guys...we are doomed :((

these upcoming indian players dont price their wickets' date=' they mostly throw their wicket by playing a rash shot..they cant deal well with bounce nd seam + their temperament is very poor, heck even azhar ali has a better test match temperament than these guys...we are doomed :(([/quote'] IN Test cricket there are phases you just need to go through quietly without incidents. Key thing is identifying those moments. Dravid is great in guiding youngsters. I want BCCI consider giving him some special consultant role (if he is not available for full time role) to help these guys approach a test match. After all it was Dravid who helped Younis rediscover his batting in Tests.
He had the second worst average among the batsmen in the series (after Dravid). He played some pretty shots and looked good in the first 2 games but it wasn't a great performance. I think he is a good player btw.
He had the second worst average among the batsmen in the series (after Dravid). He played some pretty shots and looked good in the first 2 games but it wasn't a great performance. I think he is a good player btw.
He had 20s and 30s. But he became terribly slow after his first 2 innings.
these upcoming indian players dont price their wickets' date=' they mostly throw their wicket by playing a rash shot..they cant deal well with bounce nd seam + their temperament is very poor, heck even azhar ali has a better test match temperament than these guys...we are doomed :(([/quote'] They were not trying to slog surely, look at their strike rates. But test cricket is not just about not trying to hit out, it is about surviving those numerous difficult deliveries that you rarely get while playing the shorter formats. Dravid is a past master of that. So, many of the Indian batsmen got off to a start, and failure to convert them into big ones is not just due to lack of application/temperament, but the inability to survive nasty deliveries ( not necessarily due to rash shot) that come from time to time. Bowlers have too many opportunities in the longer format to probe the batsman's weakness and the ability to make a 20 is not indicative of the ability to make fifties and hundreds in test cricket.