India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Congratulations England!!! The least this England team and the English fans deserve is a thread congratulating their stellar performance in the 2nd Test. Coming on the back of the 1st Test annihilation, where frankly they got their team wrong, the performance in the 2nd test was as unexpected as it was remarkable. England schooled Indians on a turner with their spinners out-bowling their Indian counterparts and the English batsmen showing how to get it done with the bat. Congratulations for the win Team England and English fans! The win was thoroughly and richly deserved. It was a superb performance and if Finn replaces Broad in the team for the next 2 Tests India will have its work cut out to maintain its unbeaten run at home.

F you lot. Go F yourself were the sun dont shine. Bunch of slef loathing, wrist slitting plonkers. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I refuse to believe we can lose against england at home. England are going to get raped in Eden Gardens. Sree aus, fat leg, woggly doggy, and serani. Your boys are in for it in Kolkatta. We will gain revenge. Our boys will be hurting now and they will hit back. I will keep believeing till this series is over. By the way its 1-1 with 2 tests to play. We are NOT 2-0 down!!
Yeah Eden gardens is our fortress.:two_thumbs_up:.its going to be fun after kolkatta test.
F you lot. Go F yourself were the sun dont shine. Bunch of slef loathing, wrist slitting plonkers. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I refuse to believe we can lose against england at home. England are going to get raped in Eden Gardens. Sree aus, fat leg, woggly doggy, and serani. Your boys are in for it in Kolkatta. We will gain revenge. Our boys will be hurting now and they will hit back. I will keep believeing till this series is over. By the way its 1-1 with 2 tests to play. We are NOT 2-0 down!!
Well said KT Dont let the bastids grind you down. It is your right to post senseless, illinformed and totally biased predictions that frequently crash and burn:giggle: I like your most recent one:hysterical: Are you planning to have Monty shot on sight, as if not come wednesday next week, when we lose the toss:nervous: he will be at you again. Your batsmen are just as vulnerable against spin as ours:giggle: So your home advantage is slipping somewhat:--D Roll on next week, hopefully we will win the toss:omg: And put you in:haha:
more reason for UDR's guys. I was listening to England's commentary yesterday and I was surprised to know that pretty much everyone except for our board is for DRS .I mean WTF is that about ?
Everybody but your board to be accurate. We and Australian fans think you should have your test status suspended until you agree to the rules like evryone else. But of course the ICC is only interested in your $$$$$$

Special skills required to bat and bowl on turners - WV Raman

Sunil Gavaskar always reckoned that while one needs courage to play the faster bowlers, it takes a lot of skill to play against spinners, especially on a turner. This was proved true at the Wankhede Stadium where the England batsmen, especially Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen, showed considerable skill to upset MS DhoniÃÔ plans. Their methods, as similar as chalk and cheese, exposed the lack of temperament and ineffective gameplan of the Indian spinners. Cook frustrated them with his doggedness, and Pietersen caned the trio with his customary flamboyance. The remarkable feature of KPÃÔ innings was that he was playing his role for the team, and not looking to prove a point by grafting for runs. The debatable decision of fielding three spinners was in a way blessed by providence, as the toss went in DhoniÃÔ favour. But the advantage withered away after some very ordinary shot selection from the Indian batsmen. Their approach and mindset were intriguing. Contrary to expectations and the confidence exuded by Dhoni, it did appear that they were victims of lack of practice against quality spinners on dry surfaces. I urge the readers not to curl their lips, for I say this because Dhoni went in with three spinners on a turner based on the past. He had seen batsmen like Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly, who were extremely adept against spin. The victories on home turf were achieved due to their skills, to not only survive but also dominate even on rank turners. Of course, one must also understand the advantage they had in the sense that they grew up on dry surfaces and played against a plethora of quality spinners across the country to hone their skills. On the other side of the coin, the spinners were also brought up to try and outwit the batsmen through persistence and consistency in their line and length. Think of the numerous occasions Anil Kumble was accused of being successful only on turners at home. You canÃÕ recollect too many occasions when he let his side down on a tailor-made pitch. The ÅÔtandardisation of pitches? a directive issued by the ICC a few years ago, resulted in matches being played either on good batting decks in India (even in domestic cricket) or on bouncy tracks abroad. This hardly gave the current crop of batsmen the opportunities to hone their skills either on turners or on bouncy tracks. The ploy of playing on a turner in the past was more as insurance when India needed to win a series or level it. A peek into history will show that the record was incredible when India chose to play on turners. I remember the famous Å©irwani Test [Chennai, 1988], on a minefield where the batsmen needed helmets against spinners. Still, the spinners had to get the job done through consistency and the West Indies batting line-up in that Test was in no way inferior to the current England one. Without wanting to be overly critical, I do believe that modern-day batsmen find it a strange experience to play on turners against spinners who know how to bowl. As such, Dhoni needs to figure out where the strength of the current Indian team lies before he decides on the nature of tracks in future. For a start, he needs to come to terms with the fact that his batsmen as a unit are not in the best of nick, and hence underprepared tracks can boomerang on him. The biggest concern is that he is banking on some batsmen who have been brought up to succeed in the shorter formats of the game. Besides, the one man who can infuse a lot of confidence in the dressing room is having his share of problems at this point in time. Not exactly a great phase in life for Dhoni the captain.
http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-article/special-skills-required-bat-bowl-turners/37440?single_col_view=true