Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

Also, if I were going for TRPs why would I have two middle-aged kakas sit down to sing a boring, sad folk song about some random birdie? I would have totally remixed the sh|t out of that song, added some rave beats to drown out the depressing, uncool lyrics. I would then get shreya ghoshal in a tight half-bodice and a see-through lehenga and have her rock that booty along with 12 Russian side dancers flirting with the camera non-stop. They show wasn't going after trps, the fact that they got it is credit to the show. It doesn't mean that they have somehow fooled you.

Also, if I were going for TRPs why would I have two middle-aged kakas sit down to sing a boring, sad folk song about some random birdie? I would have totally remixed the sh|t out of that song, added some rave beats to drown out the depressing, uncool lyrics. I would then get shreya ghoshal in a tight half-bodice and a see-through lehenga and have her rock that booty along with 12 Russian side dancers flirting with the camera non-stop. They show wasn't going after trps, the fact that they got it is credit to the show. It doesn't mean that they have somehow fooled you.
Oh really . Then why is he charging Rs 3 crore per episode i.e. 13*3 =39 crore Yep absolute charity work Just like BCCI organizes IPL for the betterment of Indian cricket:giggle:

Oh really . Then why is he charging Rs 3 crore per episode i.e. 13*3 =39 crore Yep absolute charity work Just like BCCI organizes IPL for the betterment of Indian cricket:giggle:
WHO THE FAAK cares??? he can make 10 crores per episode for all I care....the important fact is that this show has already made an impact that was not there the day before this show aired. End of the day that's ALL it matters! Gehlot was so impressed with Khan for raising an alarm on the malpractice of female feticide rampant in his state that he offered to bring up this issue with the state chief justice of Rajasthan so that justice could be delivered. This is the impact of Aamir's show and end of the day that's all it matters.

Just for my knowledge can you please let us know what has he planted before ? Also, why do u think its fake ? U disagree with the facts or his expression of sadness ?
The sadness quotient, rather the pretense. A better actor, err maybe thats the wrong word since Aamir is a very good actor, so scratch that. A more spontaneous actor anchoring this show might be better I feel. Aamir just appears so so rehearsed that it makes it very very difficult to take it seriously. Almost the entire episode seemed to have been reshot and reedited over and over just to get it "right". That is not what a show like this should be. The root problem being - they think dramebaazi is actually the "right" call here while they couldn't be more wrong. As much as I don't mind planting news about themselves (EVERY actor in the industry does that, I know it for a fact), I just hate the fact that he fans dumb journalists into planting wrongful news about other fellow actors and technicians. Down the line, when his success reduces, you will see what I mean. All the ill-will that he has garnered in these last few years will avalanche on him. Any other actor not as successful as Aamir has been last few years, would not have been able to live down the Amol Gupte debacle for the rest of his career.

^ No' date=' but the fact that this show does it in such an obvious showy, dramatic, basically TRP-driven way maybe what he is referring to.[/quote'] Shouldn't a high TRP be the aim for such a programme?Aisse topic ko udhane or publicize karne ke liye jo bhi drama, publicity stunt woh kare theek hai.Atleast that will draw people and make some who are quiet bystanders take a stand and the ones who do it at least be forced to hang their head in shame.God only knows if the multiple efforts of various people will make any difference or we will continue to be this morally and spiritually F@#cked up country .What will not help is people not doing anything.

Well said . Thats one of differences which makes shahrukh even more special. The guy is a devoted family man inspite of his worldwide fame ..... fan following among ladies but never has be been even rumoured to be linked with anyone . Thats a big plus point for someone in bollywood where everyone is a stray dog including amir . Amir is a good pretender and gives a good impression that " he cares" while looking at some of his attention seeking tactics its too hard to believe .
Since you are so interested in the personal lives of the stars....here are some articles for you. http://www.muskurahat.pk/bollywood-news/gauri-upset-with-srk-and-priyanka-affair.html http://movies.psyphil.com/sharukh-khan-divorce-gauri-khan-break-up-priyanka-chopra-sharukh-affair mgoingnuts! http://news.in.msn.com/exclusives/it/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5991799

The sadness quotient, rather the pretense. A better actor, err maybe thats the wrong word since Aamir is a very good actor, so scratch that. A more spontaneous actor anchoring this show might be better I feel. Aamir just appears so so rehearsed that it makes it very very difficult to take it seriously. Almost the entire episode seemed to have been reshot and reedited over and over just to get it "right". That is not what a show like this should be. The root problem being - they think dramebaazi is actually the "right" call here while they couldn't be more wrong. As much as I don't mind planting news about themselves (EVERY actor in the industry does that, I know it for a fact), I just hate the fact that he fans dumb journalists into planting wrongful news about other fellow actors and technicians. Down the line, when his success reduces, you will see what I mean. All the ill-will that he has garnered in these last few years will avalanche on him. Any other actor not as successful as Aamir has been last few years, would not have been able to live down the Amol Gupte debacle for the rest of his career.
LOL.This is not an acting show.It is meant to stir emotions and make people think. As long as that works, everything is OK.

This is not an acting show.
Clearly.
It is meant to stir emotions and make people think. As long as that works, everything is OK.
How is a show where everything is so blatantly fake, going to stir emotions? Ever seen a tear-jerker hindi movie (they are dime a dozen, so am sure you have) that is not true to itself? That ever stir any emotions at all, other than anger perhaps?

wow just read the Amol Gupte interview @ http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/InterviewsCinema/Amol-Gupte-lashes-out-at-Amir-Khan/Article1-303599.aspx As for the show, yes it was rehersed and the sequence of the question, sometimes the topics changed in seconds suggests that its edited and maybe it could have been hosted better. Still any of other stars like Salman, SRK , Sunil Dutt could have taken the initiative and made money at the same time trying to bring a change but only AK did so one must appriciate that. He has always spoken on social issues. There are faults in everybody's personality and work but as long as they are trying their best to contribute, it should be appriciated. Me giving 10 bucks to charity is no lesser or more than Ambani giving a million dollars, we are both trying to contribute and for that matter I respect him.

Clearly. How is a show where everything is so blatantly fake, going to stir emotions? Ever seen a tear-jerker hindi movie (they are dime a dozen, so am sure you have) that is not true to itself? That ever stir any emotions at all, other than anger perhaps?
First of all,that is your opinion. Second, Extreme melodrama and emotions appeal to us Indians. As I said, if it works,it works. Why don't you go something instead of just criticizing.

Clearly. How is a show where everything is so blatantly fake, going to stir emotions? Ever seen a tear-jerker hindi movie (they are dime a dozen, so am sure you have) that is not true to itself? That ever stir any emotions at all, other than anger perhaps?
See the millions of family operas doing their rounds on Indian television?That should answer your question

LOL.This is not an acting show.It is meant to stir emotions and make people think. As long as that works, everything is OK.
Im just glad that it doesnt have the background music (usually the sad tanpura in the background) and the zooming in and out with ZOooOM ZO00OM sound. :cantstop:

There are faults in everybody's personality and work but as long as they are trying their best to contribute' date=' it should be appriciated. Me giving 10 bucks to charity is no lesser or more than Ambani giving a million dollars, we are both trying to contribute and for that matter I respect him.[/quote'] The only thing I am trying to say is - at the end of the day, it is still a frigging television show that needs to its very basic job - entertain. And that it does not, for the reasons I suggested earlier. Why does it have to be judged as anything more than a form of entertainment? The nobility - which in itself I am unsure of given that I think he is just milking the country and his image but am willing to let that be - behind it is only an additional topping. If the pizza is made out of a Pillsbury can of pre-kneaded dough, the awesomeness of the toppings stops to matter. The classic example is of Swades. For all its nobility in thought, it is still a flawed film because it does not entertain me enough. Perhaps if the film released today with Aamir in the lead, it might run to packed houses with all hailing Aamir Khan. That, in itself, is a lot more food for thought I think.