Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

Anyway trp of Satyamev jayate was 2.9 which is worse than some rubbish IPL games http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/aamir/s-tv-debut-gets-fewer-eyeballs-than-most-celeb-shows/474157/ The opening episodeÃÔ average TVR was 0.48 across nine channels, including state-owned broadcaster Doordarshan. On STAR Pravah, the show (dubbed in Marathi) garnered 2.2 while on Jalsha, it managed 0.52. For the Telegu version, shown on ETV, the show got 0.88 TVR and on STAR Vijay, it got 0.68. :hysterical: According to TAM Media Research, 14.41 million viewers tuned in to watch AamirÃÔ show. The show was among the top five trends in India on microblogging website Twitter and within a few hours of its going on air, the showÃÔ website crashed twice.

What a troll. First he accuses them of high trps hence guilty and then he laughs at then for low trps. This is just someone just out to incite and feeding off the attention his combative statements are attracting. And then he brings in religion and polygamy and what not irrelevance into the discussion - makes you realize his issue was not about truth or right or wrong. What a tool. :facepalm:

So India doesn't face terrorism problem ? What kind of logic is that So he shouldn't show terrorism problem because he belongs to minority ? Wtf
The only topics you want him to discuss involve Muslims so we all know why you want him to discuss those topics. You didn't think of corruption, medical for poor, illiteracy or clean water , all u though of polygamy and terrorism and we know why.

The only topics you want him to discuss involve Muslims so we all know why you want him to discuss those topics. You didn't think of corruption, medical for poor, illiteracy or clean water , all u though of polygamy and terrorism and we know why.
Who said stop discussing about corruption ? But inter-caste marriage is one of the major problems of the country. :hysterical::hysterical:

missed it first time.just caught the repeat of the show. must say I am dissapointed..the show raises an issue n then dramatises with stories(which seemed too much made up)and statistics..does it provide an answer/suggestions?NO.did it name the perpetrators?NO.did it help the victims in anyway?NO.we all know the issues that haunt the country.so wats the point of repeating them?. also Amir n the 'audience' seemed like they were trying too hard to evoke emotions.Amir should hv just produced the show I feel. watched crime patrol show n they showed how a man fought communism n lost his life.much more engaging n relevant I feel.not comparing but I prefer positive n inspiring stories of inspring stories of fighting the issues rather than gloom of the issues itself that said,I like the intent of the show.even if helps 1% in solving the issues,it would hv served its purpose

missed it first time.just caught the repeat of the show. must say I am dissapointed..the show raises an issue n then dramatises with stories(which seemed too much made up)and statistics..does it provide an answer/suggestions?NO.did it name the perpetrators?NO.did it help the victims in anyway?NO.we all know the issues that haunt the country.so wats the point of repeating them?. also Amir n the 'audience' seemed like they were trying too hard to evoke emotions.Amir should hv just produced the show I feel.
By desi standards it wasnt dramatized as it didnt have background music, as for emotions the stories and the picture of the lady who was bitten by her husband were enough. There were few things which came out, #1 ALL SMS money gets donated #2 At least cases in Rajasthan will move faster and above all it makes people think WTF they are doing, they may or may not change but provoking that thought is very important. It also depends the way you see it, if u or someone you know has been abused in anyway then you will connect else u will think why are people crying. Yes AK is not a ready made talk show host and of course there are better anchors but more people watched because AK was doing it.

was talking to a guy who works for the show(does sound) and he told me that they had to cut a lot of the reactions of Amir out because he was bawling his eyes out at every story and they thought it might be too much. Haven't seen the show but from what i gather, they might have gone the other way, considering how most of the people here think he comes across as impersonal and detached. Still think its a decent effort, whatever the intentions might be. If it helps even 1 case forward, its worth it. Its way better than sitting and complaining about his religion, personal life and what not on internet forums. Its not like these people(including me) are going to get off their own arses and do anything

was talking to a guy who works for the show(does sound) and he told me that they had to cut a lot of the reactions of Amir out because he was bawling his eyes out at every story and they thought it might be too much. Haven't seen the show but from what i gather, they might have gone the other way, considering how most of the people here think he comes across as impersonal and detached. Still think its a decent effort, whatever the intentions might be. If it helps even 1 case forward, its worth it. Its way better than sitting and complaining about his religion, personal life and what not on internet forums. Its not like these people(including me) are going to get off their own arses and do anything
+11111 End of the day even if it helps 1% wake up and become aware...then the show is success in my eyes

People fail to understand that the show is cut out for the lowest common denominator in India. You have to communicate to them in a language they understand. A BBC like minimalist approach with an objective narrator and documentary like feel will not work. It is clearly intentional. Horses for coarses as they say. I think the real question is what are we doing. The show made me ask the question again. We live such narrow lives when the country is riddled with so many issues. It is odd to hear the keyboard ninjas judging AK's motive.

^one question...did u never realize India having these many problems before this show...i didnt watch show yet and dont care whats the motive.but it feels strange when people start to realize country have so many problems just becuase of a TV show...we all read such things daily in local news... What we do is different matter as after seeing/having enough problem in life people will be adjusted to them..

^ its not that we didn't know. But this isn't about us. It's to reach those people who think its fine to kill girls in the womb. Or who will grow up thinking its fine because that's what the people around them told them. Its about reframing what is acceptable in our society. Its a slow process but India has come a long way in eradicating so many social evils. People respond to such stimuli. So many people accepted widow remarriage only after Sholay showed them the humanity of a young widow in Jaya Bhaduri.