Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Looks like East-zone is the Indian fast bowling belt right now with bowlers like-Dinda(Bengal),Rahul Shukla(Jharkhand),Aaron(Jharkhand),Abu Nechim(Assam),Shami Ahmed(Bengal) who all've represented EZ & also 2 very young & upcoming quicks in Veer Pratap Singh(Bengal) & Pritam Das(Assam) who are descent enough.Pritam Das is an ex-ICL player who was picked by MI in the last season along with Pawan Suyal & Rahul Shukla.He's a very nippy bowler & capable of bowling 140+ consistently so is nicknamed as the "Cachar express".Here is an editorial about him- groups.yahoo.com/group/Silchar/message/844

Average speed of a pace bowler is the average of all his regular balls excluding his slower one"s as if I have to say about Umesh- possibly 141K could be the average speed of UY Dinda around 140 as his faster one"s are touching 144 also Ishant was possibly the fastest on an average in IPL last time..... In IPL though bowlers try To be more clever and bowl a lot of Slower balls. Do you guys think that after the Underperformance of out of form Praveen Kumar and Vinay Kumar- they will be dropped from T 20 world Cup.

fastest 140. average around 135. Not the fastest' date=' but still better than many.[/quote'] RKT his fastest was 141 k's he bowled couple in 140's and was easily bowling his regular balls at 138 k, he was varying the pace from 129 k, I think he can easily bowl 140's, is tall , very young, good action and run up, also brings the ball in.

RKT his fastest was 141 k's he bowled couple in 140's and was easily bowling his regular balls at 138 k' date=' he was varying the pace from 129 k, I think he can easily bowl 140's, is tall , very young, good action and run up, also brings the ball in.[/quote'] I hope he runs in a bit harder which will improve his pace a bit more. Like Steyn does, whenever he wants to bowl fast, he runs in faster than normal, especially in T20s, where he only has to bowl 4 overs in a match.

Awana 140.8 gets aggarwall lbw I loved zak 141.5 bouncer to mandeep..he ws about to get out. Awana 141.8. 139,6 140.7. This guy looks strong gets gayle of a 140.6K This is pace- suddenly gets 2 wickets of a 140+ over... Entire over between 139.6 to 141.8K This one needs support from selectors

Only if Indian pitches had some thing for fast bowlers' date=' we would have seen most of them bowling rather than warming benches.[/quote'] We need more pitches like the one Mumbai prepared last time. You get late swing on fuller length deliveries and the pitch is phaast and more bounce and you have spin also :woot:

Because the thread is also about performance (and non-performance) of our pacers, here's what I found out- Praveen Kumar is yet to take a wicket in 6 matches so far. Vinay Kumar has taken 6 wickets in 6 matches but has an ER of 9+ Irfan has 2 wickets in 6 matches. Our lead spinner is not too far behind either, he has taken 2 wickets in 6 matches at an avg of 81. Terrible performance by the bowlers so far.