Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Which one is faster and better between Veer pratap or Parvinder Awana I didn't see Veer pratap so can't say anything...I feel parvinder is good n pacy n pankaj may be marginaLly slower but at peak Pankaj may be a shade better bcos of his height n bounce he gets. For me Pankaj cud be marginally better than awana....though Dinda is far better than both

RKT have u read the book Fat Bowlers Bible by Ian Pont' date=' I was wanting to read this book for quite a few years, might buy it, it is one of the best books on fast bowling also u might love it.[/quote'] It is a terrific book. All Indian coaches should read it and coach that way. we would have loads of fast bowlers

Which one is faster and better between Veer pratap or Parvinder Awana I didn't see Veer pratap so can't say anything...I feel parvinder is good n pacy n pankaj may be marginaLly slower but at peak Pankaj may be a shade better bcos of his height n bounce he gets. For me Pankaj cud be marginally better than awana....though Dinda is far better than both
They all play in the same domestic leagues, it should be easy to tell the better bowler. You don't have to watch and make a judgement; especially when they all bowl a decent pace. The records tell a story. Pankaj and Awana have experience, Dinda is in great form and Pratap is young, inexperienced, unproven.
It is a terrific book. All Indian coaches should read it and coach that way. we would have loads of fast bowlers
I disagree. The book is good for coaching young people how to bowl. However, when coaching professionals, you will need a qualification in the ABSAT method to know the drills and which parts are the priority and are easy to coach into bowlers without tampering too much in the action. Even the best tampering will cause an initially detrimental effect, if it is too major.

These sort of performances cannot write the bowlers off the ODI format' date=' but they can certainly right them out of the T20I format.[/quote'] It's abundantly clear now that PK has lot a lot of his ability to swing the ball. His wrist position and the release is no longer how it used to be earlier. No wonder his performances have gone down considerably since the England series last year across all formats including domestic cricket. 11 ODI wickets@50 in 11 matches since then, now no wickets in IPL, did not bowl well in a Ranji match he played in between..Signs of a bowler completely out of form and someone who should not be a part of the national side anymore. Needs to find a county contract somehow and get his confidence back.

It's abundantly clear now that PK has lot a lot of his ability to swing the ball. His wrist position and the release is no longer how it used to be earlier. No wonder his performances have gone down considerably since the England series last year across all formats including domestic cricket. 11 ODI wickets@50 in 11 matches since then, now no wickets in IPL, did not bowl well in a Ranji match he played in between..Signs of a bowler completely out of form and someone who should not be a part of the national side anymore. Needs to find a county contract somehow and get his confidence back.
It is weird. He bowled so brilliantly against England and if fully fit, should probably play Test cricket again to see if he still has it with the red ball. I know the pace brigade will criticize his bowling, but no one outside ICF will say he bowled poorly. And yet, he should so no longer be in ODI or T20 contention. As in, he should not be in the squads, even!

the 4 losers in my avatar should never be picked for india again, and be replaced by veer pratap, awanna, dinda and harshal patel, even though HP got taken apart yday he has potential. i dont care if it only tamasha league in which they have shown what they can do, 135ks is minimum average required in international cricket and that is the top speed for our current trundler brigade.

Any idea whether Rahul Shukla (MI) will get a chance in the XI or not? I read that he's genuinely quick.
lol just the thought of MI giving a chance to unporven youngsters... not happening, keep in mind this is the same team that thought that S. Dhawan is not good enough for them........ motto of MI is " we suck all the talent out of other teams and have them sit on the bench"

Veer Pratap Singh & Parwinder Awana has certainly been positives & what I see is none of them are express both are good Fast-medium & sharp.Awana is bit sharper than Veer.Veer was clocking 138-139 ks consistently while Awana was consistently around 140-142 ks.Plus Veer is a rookie while Awana has more experience & FC success.

fastest 140. average around 135. Not the fastest' date=' but still better than many.[/quote'] He can bowl faster than that.He's a bihari & was selected for Bengal for his ability to bowl quick.Nowadays Bengal gives priority to the bowlers with pace,min of 85mph.That's why Dinda,Shami,Veer is playing ahead of Ranadeb,Sourav Sarkar & Eklakh Ahmed.Dada plays a very important role in this.

We need more pitches like the one Mumbai prepared last time. You get late swing on fuller length deliveries and the pitch is phaast and more bounce and you have spin also :woot:
That was one of its kind track in India..such pace and bounce..that was heartening to see.