Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Aaron has a plan while bowling ( unlike Ishant and Umesh ) . Often he succeeds in implementing it and sometimes he fails. But he is an objective and intelligent bowler who knows how to use his extra pace to his advantage but has not picked up all the requisite skills to implement his plans consistently. He can seam the ball and gets extra zip and bounce off the pitch. If Aaron can remain injury free then he is our brightest pace prospect.

Aaron bowled well and with zip, between 139 to fastest 149 k's, bowled with control and seems to always surprise the batsmen.Gony bowled well couple of close calls and dropped catches, his pace was up and hurried the batsmen few times, pace wise 135 to fastest 147 and a few balls over 145 k's, Deccan needs to formulate their plan for next year with Ishant, Steyn, Gony if they can bowl with venom, and add one or two batsmen or if they have more available players to choose from can be competitive.Anwar Ahmed, VRV could be added among available players also dont see potential with Reddy and Mishra.

Aaron has a plan while bowling ( unlike Ishant and Umesh ) . Often he succeeds in implementing it and sometimes he fails. But he is an objective and intelligent bowler who knows how to use his extra pace to his advantage but has not picked up all the requisite skills to implement his plans consistently. He can seam the ball and gets extra zip and bounce off the pitch. If Aaron can remain injury free then he is our brightest pace prospect.
i agree this guy always has some sort of plan and u can see its effect as his bowling is much more controlled thats why i wanted him to be tested in tests cos thts wht u need ot be a good test bowler and its not like he does not has any skills he is getting bounce and movement from even these flat tracks and this guy proved now he is never gonna go slow:dance: @ mccricket i honestly dont rate gony very high don know why :cantstop: hope im wrong wbt him but i always thought yes he is strong man but he does not has mindset of bowler or skills unless he picks up some wickets i wont change my mind he did bowl well today though

I have said this before and must repeat it as it is a shame to see Yo Mahesh bowl with such a ragged action, also he will be getting injured as his body is not aligned and pace wise is very slow, just some work on his action , where he approaches the crease and gets side on, also with his lower body and holds his action a wee bit longer and also uses his left hand this can be fixed, same for Mithun, Pankaj. There have been improvements with Awana, B Kumar, Umesh, Gony, Aaron, also Veer SEEMS TO HAVE GOOD BASICS AND CAN GET BETTER.HOPE TO SEE MORE OF TYAGI, SUYAL, P PARMESWARAN , SHAMI.Hopefully IPL will give Joe Dawes a chance to see the talent and since we don't have much cricket for next couple of months he can have a camp or work on these bowlers.

And why are you saying 'before WI tour to India'. That statistic is now irrelevant that he has bowled poorly on that series. 'The way they bowl in FC cricket will rarely work at international level' perhaps' date=' but 'the way they bowl at international level WILL work at FC level' is also true. Indian FC statistics are not of no use. If a bowler fails to take wickets in FC cricket, they will not take Test wickets in that same time period. This is not to say that the best Test options are the best FC bowlers. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that a failure in FC cricket will not be a Test success without rectifying that failure through improvement and proving they have done such. [/quote'] Becasue you are highlighting one bad series and forgetting the good work he had done before that on Indian pitches. He has not been effective mostly on overseas tour and the reason behind that is the length he bowls in India successfully does not work at places like England, Australia, SA, etc. Regarding him playing FC matches, do you believe he wont take wickets in FC matches? Whenever he plays FC matches in India, he always takes wickets. My argument is that there is no sure method regarding picking them and be sure that one player will be successful or not. Because we have seen so many Indian bowlers who have been successful in FC have not been successful in international cricket. It is lack of coherent system in India, which prevents them and I have seen most current successful FC bowlers and very few inspires me. Likes of Rituraj, Harshal Patel, Pankaj Singh, TP Sudhindra, etc. Rituraj has such flawed basics. Yes, they can swing the ball, but as soon as there is no swing or help, they are pedestrian. Cummins had played 3 FC matches before his debut and wasn't really successful. Ishant was more successful in FC cricket before making his debut. It was not like Ishant made his debut straightaway from U19. Problem is things do not work in a set frame, but your thought process is limited to one way, but there are many ways. Regarding Cummins' ability to bowl long spells. He bowled more overs than anyone else in his debut test and injuries are part and parcel for a genuine quick. Regarding Pattinson earned his spot. How he earned it? He did not have a single 5-fer in FC cricket before making his test debut. It was his luck that Cummins got injured and he got to play in place of Cummins and he straight away left impact. He was always considered to be a future Australian test bowler since his teens. They didnt see how many wickets he was taking. They saw the potential and talent and then he got the able guidance from McDermot. For young bowlers, it is all about guidance. Our bowlers lack that guidance. My notion in this regard is whatever number of FC matches they play, but if they do not get able guidance they will not improve by just playing at FC level and will stay saturated at the level they play. To make them improve, you will have bring them at the highest level and then let them compete and improve. This method will not work in Australia or England because they have an old system to produce fast bowlers which we lack.

When did Aaron bowl at 149ks?The fastes he bowled was 144.9 ks i believe.
He has not bowled 149K yet this year as he is just coming from injury and is still getting his rhythm back. His fastest this year whcih I saw was 147 in the last match. He bowled 150K last year against Chennai in Chennai.

He has not bowled 149K yet this year as he is just coming from injury and is still getting his rhythm back. His fastest this year whcih I saw was 147 in the last match. He bowled 150K last year against Chennai in Chennai.
honestly even at this pace he is bowling really well and hurrying batsmen infact i like his relaxed run up and action :hmmm:

He bowled a 149 delivery in his last game, to a left hander , full wide of the off stump,I can vouch for that and speed gun was pretty consistent through out the day ,am not gonna waste my time trying to upload that clip.:roti: I mostly watch the games on Willow tv, am not sure who is covering games in India, but that particular game speed guns did read most deliveries from what I saw on my coverage.

Don't agree with PK part....PK is more suited to Tests than ODI or T20....some of the pitches he will get in LOI's will just make him cannon fodder
PK is a swing bowler & can be handy in the initial overs in ODIs & T20.His pace isn't threatning so he relies on swing so in tests it's tough for him to pick wkts unless the conditions are in favour og swing bowling & ball moves all over the place like in England.In India on those pattas u need pace with movement to keep the batsman honest.

PK is a swing bowler & can be handy in the initial overs in ODIs & T20.His pace isn't threatning so he relies on swing so in tests it's tough for him to pick wkts unless the conditions are in favour og swing bowling & ball moves all over the place like in England.In India on those pattas u need pace with movement to keep the batsman honest.
in india u also need reverse swing.. both yadav and aaron have shown signs of bowling it few times now

He bowled a 149 delivery in his last game, to a left hander , full wide of the off stump,I can vouch for that and speed gun was pretty consistent through out the day ,am not gonna waste my time trying to upload that clip.:roti: I mostly watch the games on Willow tv, am not sure who is covering games in India, but that particular game speed guns did read most deliveries from what I saw on my coverage.
Which game? against KKR or DC?

Which game? against KKR or DC?
Against DC and was bowled to a left hander, that delivery was full and outside off, gun showed 149 for a brief period, although I think with TV coverage compared to internet, ads take more time and sometimes cut thru the speed readings, I tried to watch the replay for over 5 th and 13 th , which I remember might be the over.

Against DC and was bowled to a left hander' date=' that delivery was full and outside off, gun showed 149 for a brief period, although I think with TV coverage compared to internet, ads take more time and sometimes cut thru the speed readings, I tried to watch the replay for over 5 th and 13 th , which I remember might be the over.[/quote'] I think that was against Duminy in the last over 1st ball of the over.