Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Career Praveen Kumar: Test strike rate = 59.6. Ishant Sharma: Test strike rate = 66.4 Sreesanth: Test strike rate = 62.2 On the England tour... Kumar - 63.4 Sharma - 94.6 Sreesanth - 83.2 On the West Indies tour... Kumar - 55.0 (much worse than Sharma, still a good strike rate) Sharma - 33.7 Patel - 264.0 There is no reason yet to write off Praveen as a Test bowler.
How many tests Pk has played? Compare first 6 tests stats of PK with Sreesanth and Munaf. They didnt justify their talent after that. Ishant didnt have a great start and has always been inconsistent. PK is no better than these three and IMO, we need better bowlers than these guys.

How many tests Pk has played? Compare first 6 tests stats of PK with Sreesanth and Munaf. They didnt justify their talent after that. Ishant didnt have a great start and has always been inconsistent. PK is no better than these three and IMO' date=' we need better bowlers than these guys.[/quote'] The opinion that Praveen may deteriorate after his first six Tests has no relevance to your judgement that he is too slow to pick up Test wickets at a sensible rate.

The opinion that Praveen may deteriorate after his first six Tests has no relevance to your judgement that he is too slow to pick up Test wickets at a sensible rate.
Praveen can be used when the ball is swinging. Even in Indian conditions he can swing the ball first few overs. Once the shine is off, he won't be able to swing it and he does not have the pace or reverse swing to compromise in the later overs.

The opinion that Praveen may deteriorate after his first six Tests has no relevance to your judgement that he is too slow to pick up Test wickets at a sensible rate.
Thing is PK does not have another weapon other than swing and balk doesnt swing afte 10 overs and he wont get to bowl in England often and I would be happy if he could even bowl 135 but he doesnt. He hovers around 120-125k in tests which is too slow. Other than that, he is a floater, doesnt hit the seam hard, is just a swing bowler. Seam bowlers like Philander, Aasif generally are more successful.

This is without a doubt, true in ODI cricket. In Test cricket, he can pick up wickets with the old ball. In fact, he has loads of wickets in Test cricket with balls which are older than 15 overs old...

36.6 to Barath, 76.7 mph, No. 1 for PK, and what a beauty to get it with. Harbhajan and Ishant ruffle up his hair. There will be criticism of lack of pace for him, but if he can bowl more of these... This angled in towards off in the air, pitched back of a length, and then swung away. He had to play at it, and the edge is taken by Dhoni. Welcome to Test cricket, PK. Well played, AB 91/3 38.3 to Bravo, 75.4 mph, And PK takes another! Beautful delivery again. He has tested Bravo with outswingers, which come into him, but this one leaves him after shaping to move in. The line is so good, just outside off, that it makes him play at it. Kisses the outside edge 95/4 42.1 to Nash, 75.8 mph, PK is on a roll here. Not the greatest of shots, but he will take it. This is pitched around leg, just short of driving length, Nash plays across the line, and square of the wicket. The leading edge settles with Raina at third slip 102/5
38.3 to Bravo, Bravo has moved too far across, exposing his leg stump! This is just short of a length, outside off, seaming in, Bravo moves towards it, along the crease, but too far. The ball beats his attempt at fine deflection, and hits the leg pole. PK is elated 148/4 40.5 to Chanderpaul, 76.3 mph, PK has breached the ChanderWall. The rare loose drive. Drives at this away from his body, and the ball stops a touch, some dust comes off the pitch, and he is early into the shot, hitting it straight down Raina's lap at cover. It is all over. Chanders falls at 1394 fourth-innings runs, behind only Gavaskar, Dravid and Lara 149/5
46.1 to Samuels, 77.4 mph, Praveen strikes! Lazy shot from Samuels there, or was there a shot at all? It didn't bounce as much, was short of a good length outside off and he just hung his bat out at that one, no intent whatsoever, got an inside edge and saw his off stump pegged back 99/5
61.2 to Trott, 78.4 mph, Kumar has done it! This one did swing, back into Trott this time. Kept a touch lower and Trott missed it as he tried to work to leg. Big appeal and after some thought Bowden has the finger up. Crucial breakthrough! 160/3 120.3 to Prior, 77.6 mph, Praveen gets another! He sent down an outswinger, perhaps just short of a good length, and Prior set himself for a slashing cut. The ball bounced and moved more than he expected, however, and a thick edge flew straight through to Dhoni. India really, really needed that. 390/6 120.4 to Broad, Broad's gone! First ball! Praveen gets his fifth with some hooping swing into the left-hander's pads. Ball evaded bat and the umpire upheld the appeal. 390/7
36.1 to Strauss, Kumar strikes, Strauss's long vigil ends. Is this an elaborate set-up? After bowling wide and wide last over, he bowls this sucker ball around off, making Strauss drive, which moves away and takes the edge through to third slip. Most likely it isn't a set-up, we just happen to read too much into things at time 85/4 36.4 to Morgan, 78.8 mph, England are falling fast here. Morgan collects a duck. This is superb bowling. From close to the umpire he bowls, the ball pitches just inside the line, catches Morgan on the crease, and according to Rauf wouldn't have moved away enough to miss the stumps. Morgan confirms with the umpire if he is leg-before or caught bat-pad. The umpire says lbw. And off he goes. Hawkeye confirms Rauf's call, for what it is worth. Hitting the top of off, it says 85/5 61.6 to Swann, 77.4 mph, whoa, the stand has ended, Praveen has produced a magic ball to send Swann packing. The crowd breaks out into warm applause as he goes off, what a stupendous effort from Swanny! Praveen gets one to snort from just short of a length, I wonder how often he has managed to produce something like that with his 125 kph fare. This pitch is full of tricks, I tell you. Swann was leaning forward as it took off and was caught unawares. It kept coming at him as he tried to pull back and evade it, hit the handle and popped up for an easy catch at gully, even as he turned all the way around in shock. India appeal, Swann walks. Praveen has a wicket, but he continues to scowl. What a character! 197/9
102.4 to Prior, Surprisingly, against the trend, India take a wicket. Only just about, I might add because Dhoni almost fluffed it. This was back of a length, pitching just outside off, Prior played at it, the bball moved away, took the edge, and almost popped out of Dhoni's glove. It didn't, however 458/7 115.5 to Bresnan, 75.7 mph, Bresnan won't get a century! As good as the innings was, credit should also go to Kumar who has bowled his heart out. This one has extra bounce from a length, leaves him too, and takes the shoulder of the bat towards gully. Bresnan gets a deserved ovation as he walks back 540/9
70.2 to Bell, 74.2 mph, India have a legal wicket today. And what a ball too. PK produces a mind-blowing legcutter that straightens from off, past Bell's straight-bat defence and knocks off stump out of the ground. Harsha Bhogle says "off stump is cartwheeling all by itself around deep square leg". And he's not exaggerating. Bell looks spooked, that was one magic ball. And no, if you were wondering, Dhoni is unlikely to reverse the dismissal. Dravid will say a silent prayer of relief. 252/2

Thing is PK does not have another weapon other than swing and balk doesnt swing afte 10 overs and he wont get to bowl in England often and I would be happy if he could even bowl 135 but he doesnt. He hovers around 120-125k in tests which is too slow.
He won't get to bowl in England often, but he also bowled well in West Indies - an extremely different condition.

He won't get to bowl in England often' date=' but he also bowled well in West Indies - an extremely different condition.[/quote'] Conditions in WI were helpful in first two tests for pacers, ball was swinging in the air at barbados and sabina park both helpful for pacers, but as soon as he went to third test on a benign track, he couldnt take wicket which resulted in a drawn test. Ishant had a fifer there too.

Conditions in WI were helpful in first two tests for pacers' date=' ball was swinging in the air at barbados and sabina park both helpful for pacers, but as soon as he went to third test on a benign track, he couldnt take wicket which resulted in a drawn test. Ishant had a fifer there too.[/quote'] Not enough to write him off in the format and you know it. We cannot afford to discard people who have performed well.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Actually, I had missed most of RCB batting as match did not start on time so I went to sleep, but when I woke up I saw Toonaf got bowled Chris Fayle and I was disappointed. I thought Toonaf didn't live up to my expectations, but then I logged into ICF via my mobile and saw the thread on Toonaf's exploits which made me felt :proud: of him, but then the icing on the cake was 20th over.:two_thumbs_up:

Actually' date=' I had missed most of RCB batting as match did not start on time so I went to sleep, but when I woke up I saw Toonaf got bowled Chris Fayle and I was disappointed. I thought Toonaf didn't live up to my expectations, but then I logged into ICF via my mobile and saw the thread on Toonaf's exploits which made me felt :proud: of him, but then the icing on the cake was 20th over.:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] we all are proud of him he singlehandedly made the game so competitive! whaata legend better then vinay kumar anyday!:clap:

How fast were Varun and UY today I came when punjab were playing 16th over VArun bowled 147.6K a few times Did UY bowl at 151 and did Varun touch 148 or more
I saw the last part only. VA fastest 147.6 k, three deliveries at 147 k, one at 145 k, two at 144 k. -- his last 2 overs. UY fastest I saw was 144.9 k -- just his last over. Anybody knows complete match speeds for UY, VA and Awana for the DD vs. K11P match ?

Both of them were excellent yesterday. I still think Yadav can be wayward but he bowled beautifully yesterday, getting some good outswing. Aaron is the most exciting Indian limited overs bowler i have seen. I really hope he continues to develop as he looks like he has the potential to be a world class limited overs bowler.