ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

I think we must win against Aussies. Saffers may be a tough nut to crack with the form of Amla/Morkel and Steyn. If we lose on Friday, it will be do or die against Pakistan, which may be too much for our feeble out of form batsmen (Gauti/Viru/Dhoni/Yuvi). and the trundlers. On the other hand if we win against Aus then we can have Pak playing for do or die (as I seroiusly don't see them beating SAF) which might be perfect for us considering their lack of batting.

I think we must win against Aussies. Saffers may be a tough nut to crack with the form of Amla/Morkel and Steyn. If we lose on Friday, it will be do or die against Pakistan, which may be too much for our feeble out of form batsmen (Gauti/Viru/Dhoni/Yuvi). and the trundlers. On the other hand if we win against Aus then we can have Pak playing for do or die (as I seroiusly don't see them beating SAF) which might be perfect for us considering their lack of batting.
what u r not considering is SA's choke power
May be ... may be not if you do not grant default places to Bangladesh' date=' Zimbabwe and West Indies. IMO, 4 positions in the bottom of the ICC ODI rankings over 4 years should be up for grabs.[/quote'] Thats unfair on associates.They will never be able to beat the likes of WI or Ban to a spot in ICC wc.When the likes of WI regularly play against top teams and the likes of Ireland and Afgan playing against the likes of Bermuda all through the year it would be daft to ask Afgan to compete with WI for a spot in wc.
:agree: even yesterday they were too cautious while batting I think
yea.. too much overthinking. Kohli was the only one who just did not give respect to any bowler. He kept charging down. Gauti with ultra low backlift was timid most of the time. He was very conscious of not dragging the ball on to stumps or edging one or getting bounced out. No way he can accelerate with that frame of mind. Yes.. you gotta be calculative. That part should be les sin a T20. It gotta be attack all the way.
yea.. too much overthinking. Kohli was the only one who just did not give respect to any bowler. He kept charging down. Gauti with ultra low backlift was timid most of the time. He was very conscious of not dragging the ball on to stumps or edging one or getting bounced out. No way he can accelerate with that frame of mind. Yes.. you gotta be calculative. That part should be les sin a T20. It gotta be attack all the way.
which is why I want him out n play 5 bowlers,despite his 45 yesterday
Thats unfair on associates.They will never be able to beat the likes of WI or Ban to a spot in ICC wc.When the likes of WI regularly play against top teams and the likes of Ireland and Afgan playing against the likes of Bermuda all through the year it would be daft to ask Afgan to compete with WI for a spot in wc.
I am asking for associates to regularly play top teams as well in between the WC. Basically, I have taken a leaf out of the FIFA style where even the winner of the previous WC has to qualify. In addition, T20 can accommodate 16 teams without qualification. Four groups of 4 and the top 2 in each group move towards a QF leading to SF and Finals. No brainer really.
I am asking for associates to regularly play top teams as well in between the WC. Basically, I have taken a leaf out of the FIFA style where even the winner of the previous WC has to qualify. In addition, T20 can accommodate 16 teams without qualification. Four groups of 4 and the top 2 in each group move towards a QF leading to SF and Finals. No brainer really.
I think that is what they are going to do from the next edition onwards. I remember it reading somewhere that 16 teams will be competing in the T20 ec in BANG(2014) and in Ind(2016).