ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

Chawla' date=' Harbhajan and Yuvraj's selection proves the selection of the team goes beyond performance related criteria. Can't wait to see Srikkanth out of the chief selector role. That guy is incompetent to say the least and doesn't even have the balls to explain his own picks.[/quote'] absolutely

England, South Africa and West indies are my choices. India may be the fourth team there. given South Africa choke and English sucking against spin, I'd say India vs West indies final, with WI winning it. WI have a brute of a bowling attack ideally suited for SL conditions with ample seam, swing and spin.

England' date=' South Africa and West indies are my choices. India may be the fourth team there. given South Africa choke and English sucking against spin, I'd say India vs West indies final, with WI winning it. WI have a brute of a bowling attack ideally suited for SL conditions with ample seam, swing and spin.[/quote'] How come you left Pak, SL & Aus out :dontknow: I don't see how any of these is weaker than India. Problem with Indian team is that the bowling is so weak that opponents are always in the game no matter what. Likes of Balaji, Dinda, Chawla :sick: and Zaheer are unlikely to strike fear in any team with Ashwin the only decent option out of the lot and even he's decent, not great.
Will be very lucky to reach the semis. More than anything, the ego tussle in the team will sink us like it did in the 2009 t20 WC. Also, I see no point in MSD continuing to lead our t20 side any longer. Under him, we failed to go past the 1st round in the last two events. Surely that calls for a change of leader. In fact, except us, most teams will have a new skipper for this event , . England - Collingwood out, Broad in South Africa- Smith out, ABDV in Pakistan- Afridi out, Hafeez in Australia - Clrake out, Watson/Warner/White in Sri Lanka - Sanga out, Mahela in West Indies- Gayel out, Sammy in NZ- Vettori out, Taylor in BD- Shakib out, Mushfiqur in Dhoni is perhaps the only captain in the history to have survived two first round exits in a multi team event (and not to forget two 4-0 test whitewashes).
I personaly believe that Pakistan, NZ and BD should have (or should) retain their previous captain. Afridi might be a joker on the field but when he is in charge he means business. Vettori should have lead this team one last time before he hangs his shoes. Shakib on the other hand made a better captain than the current midgit.
How come you left Pak' date=' SL & Aus out :dontknow: I don't see how any of these is weaker than India. Problem with Indian team is that the bowling is so weak that opponents are always in the game no matter what. Likes of Balaji, Dinda, Chawla :sick: and Zaheer are unlikely to strike fear in any team with Ashwin the only decent option out of the lot and even he's decent, not great.[/quote']Paki, SL and Aussie bowling is very strong. But the batting department has a gaping hole. India anyway will score some runs, and the helpful bowling conditions will only enhance their chances. England, SAF and WI has attacks out of thsi world with quality (with both pace and spin). In SL conditions it will be bowlers who bowl with high arm actions and produce plenty of bounce will be the difficult customers. Slingas and shorter bowlers will not be as sucessful unless they swing the ball appreceiably.