ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

In the current group format you can not have it based on group leaders as there are only 3 teams in a group.
why not?the Ind-Eng game would hv a meaning.last night it was just another warmup. why dont we get rewarded for topping the group.we would hv to plau tougher groups.even points did not carry
why not?the Ind-Eng game would hv a meaning.last night it was just another warmup. why dont we get rewarded for topping the group.we would hv to plau tougher groups.even points did not carry
Look mate be a little bit objective don't look it at as what "India" has done. The problem is that you just get 2 games in a 3-team group. One loss and you are no longer in contention which is a bit harsh. In a 3-team group, current system of seeds make sense. However, you put that to a 4-team group and then it becomes pure rubbish. Not to forget - there is a good enough chance for all 3 teams to end up no.1 and then NRR to come into play which makes it messy in T20 and more so with just 2 games played. I would say in a 3-team group format pre-seeds and group rankings both are equally the same.
Look mate be a little bit objective don't look it at as what "India" has done. The problem is that you just get 2 games in a 3-team group. One loss and you are no longer in contention which is a bit harsh. In a 3-team group' date=' current system of seeds make sense. However, you put that to a 4-team group and then it becomes pure rubbish.[/quote'] I am against 3 team group as well,but even in 3 team group,why should any game be meaningless like yesterday,SA-SL game?how does it make sense? yeah all teams can end up 2 points,where NRR is fair judge imo.say if BD beat Pak tomorrow,they still wouldnt qualify unless they get big win as they got pummelled by NZ.which is fair. pre-seeds n group standings are not the same.

To be the world Champ, you have to beat the best in the business. Much like what we did in 2007 T20WC and the 2011 WC. In a way, it is for certain the winner will be from group B. All the teams in this group are in red hot form (Aussies with Watto/hussey/warner are good). So to proceed further, you have to peak at the right time. And also, whoever tops this group, will easily beat the other groups' teams. I foresee the two to proceed from AUS/SAF/IND/PAK to again meet in the finals.

Can Bangladesh cause an upset tomorrow? Winning margin: BD has to win by a margin of 37+ runs or within 15 overs Positives for BD: - Underdogs, will get major support from the neutrals - Fool looks to be in good touch (Ashra) - Young pup Nasir batted brilliantly (continuing his good form from Asia Cup) - Razzak & Mashrafe the only bowlers in good form Negatives for BD: - Will NOT get the support of 1 billion Indians (#Sept30th-Ind v Pak) - Potent Pakistani duas all the way from Birmingham/Luton, UK - Pressure from 150 million fans back home - Batting has been a major fail - Out of form Seniors in Tamim, Shakib - Bowling gave away 190 runs

To be the world Champ, you have to beat the best in the business. Much like what we did in 2007 T20WC and the 2011 WC. In a way, it is for certain the winner will be from group B. All the teams in this group are in red hot form (Aussies with Watto/hussey/warner are good). So to proceed further, you have to peak at the right time. And also, whoever tops this group, will easily beat the other groups' teams. I foresee the two to proceed from AUS/SAF/IND/PAK to again meet in the finals.
but two from group B will miss out despite being better than group A teams
I agree. But whats decided is decided. To be fair to ICC' date=' this is just a coincidence because when the seeding was done, Aussies and Indians were just piss poor in this format.[/quote'] thats exactly the reason u dont pre-decide the seedings,no?
I am against 3 team group as well,but even in 3 team group,why should any game be meaningless like yesterday,SA-SL game?how does it make sense? yeah all teams can end up 2 points,where NRR is fair judge imo.say if BD beat Pak tomorrow,they still wouldnt qualify unless they get big win as they got pummelled by NZ.which is fair. pre-seeds n group standings are not the same.
:ohmy: How in a T20? Can you tell me another tournament where 2 games are used to judge NRR! No way dude, I understand where you come from but the problem is in typical Indian style you want jugaad solution for it. If you want the appropriate measure, ask for a 4-team group. NRR/Pre Seeds/BangBro thrashing are all on the same level.