The Official Dilli Daredevils Thread

Sid

maza aa gaya kal stadium me..i was sitting at the front row of the east stand just behind the RR cheergirls .in the second innings half of the east stand was pro RR (me included ) so that after each wicket that falls they could see the girls dancing the cheergirls were awesome and very friendly ,the atmosphere was magnificent at the closing end

This team has the same problem as PWI. Your 4 foreign players have to be good and in-form. None of their foreign players are good enough currently. Like seen the other day, a single foreign player like Finch can make the team win. Ultimately, I completely disagree with the idea that indian players are the most crucial. It's the other way around where if your foreign players are good, they will be able to win matches on their own.

Sehwag has been in horrible form. Warner too. Lady played his last intl game long before IPL. KP injured. Ross err Nehra. Juneja is not suited for this format, reminds me Dravid playing ODIs in 97. Bowlers misfired in the MI game, but batting is not clicking even on flat tracks.

Delhi are rotten to the core. A team of unknowns, has-beens and mediocre foreign players = wooden spoon. Struggle to see them winning a game.
Lol. That's pathetic. They were quality last season and many rated them highly this season. So, the quality is there at least on paper. Now, they have been unlucky in terms of form and injuries. And as I said, their foreign players are the difference. Their poor form means bad results whereas their good form means good results.

Invitation to open next match thread to be played in Feroz Shah Kotla for the following dates invited . 18th April Daredevils vs Chennai Super Kings 21st April Daredevils vs Mumbai Indians 23rd Daredevils vs Kings XI Punjab

Umesh Yadav lost Delhi this match. I had said before this match that he should be rested but no, they played him and lost. If he had bowled even half good, DD should have won this. He went for 10 rpo where most other went for 6 or less than that. Poor captaincy by Mahela too.

Sehwag has been in horrible form. Warner too. Lady played his last intl game long before IPL. KP injured. Ross err Nehra. Juneja is not suited for this format, reminds me Dravid playing ODIs in 97. Bowlers misfired in the MI game, but batting is not clicking even on flat tracks.
KP is the bidgest difference. Loss Taylor struggled last year too, did not do much that is why they transferred him and is an overrated batsman. Viru has past it.

There are so many FTBs in Delhi team. If there's something in the pitch for bowlers' date=' they fall apart like a pack of cards.[/quote'] There was nothing in the pitch. It was just a slow and low pitch. They all tried to bat aggressively Mahela, Warner, Viru and lost wickets.

There was nothing in the pitch. It was just a slow and low pitch. They all tried to bat aggressively Mahela' date=' Warner, Viru and lost wickets.[/quote'] Yep, it was batting mistakes and a more confidence issue which DD is facing right now. And I think Ojha should play, he was one of their best players last season and imo, one of the underrated players in the league. He should play in the top 3 really.

There was nothing in the pitch. It was just a slow and low pitch. They all tried to bat aggressively Mahela' date=' Warner, Viru and lost wickets.[/quote'] It was not just a slow and low wicket. Most pitches in India are slow and low but they are consistent in pace and bounce. This one was a two paced wicket. When the ball landed in some areas, it went through normally and in other areas, it slowed down and the bounce was also low. Much more difficult to play shots and time the ball as the pace and bounce is not consistent. That's what I meant by saying there was some help for bowlers. As a batsman, you need to play late and try to play shots on the ground to score runs on such pitches. DD batsmen are just dashers who play big shots on batting pitches.

It was not just a slow and low wicket. Most pitches in India are slow and low but they are consistent in pace and bounce. This one was a two paced wicket. When the ball landed in some areas, it went through normally and in other areas, it slowed down and the bounce was also low. Much more difficult to play shots and time the ball as the pace and bounce is not consistent. That's what I meant by saying there was some help for bowlers. As a batsman, you need to play late and try to play shots on the ground to score runs on such pitches. DD batsmen are just dashers who play big shots on batting pitches.
Hardly any batsman let alone DD batsmen will score quickly and big on such a wicket. Look at what Steyn had said in mid-match interview. Sehwag can score quick and big on any wicket if he is in form.

Hardly any batsman let alone DD batsmen will score quickly and big on such a wicket. Look at what Steyn had said in mid-match interview. Sehwag can score quick and big on any wicket if he is in form.
They only scored 114 on that wicket with the batting lineup they have which is a dismal performance. Any decent batting unit would have scored 140.

They only scored 114 on that wicket with the batting lineup they have which is a dismal performance. Any decent batting unit would have scored 140.
They dont really have a great batting lineup. Only Warner was in some form.

Almost same team which was leading the table last season is leading from the bottom. WTF happened?
KP, Ross Taylor and Aaron are missing, Sehwag and Umesh were in good form last year..plus so many players coming back after an injury Sehwag, Mahela, Irfan, Umesh, Morkel Ryder's injury hasn't helped either