IPL Legend Murali Vijay's epic LOL moment .

rageaddict

oh you are in b'lore then closer to action good, then this should be a concern to you as well. India should be 1 entity, no back stabbing name calling dribe ? some bits of fun and banter is good but when it gets a little too racist ( eg lungies ? i see some BD guys calling csk lungies, wtf is a lungi ? its a bloody indonesian attire half of BD wears it throughout their lives, too much talk of political brinkmanship from TN, i could see some posts likening Karunanidhi and UPA here !! i mean does west bengal politics sound better than TN ? and what does this have to do with cricket fans and CSK ?) Racist, hence we have to be cautious.
i cant live without lungis :D so easy to fap. just uphold the lungi nd five motor shuffle :D :icflove: and no one make fun of lungi i tell ya :weights:

Just adding some points to these and some other wonderful posts on this thread :icflove:

I personally do not think there is any dislike between Northies and Southies. At least not amongst the majority of them. I have many northie friends and acquaintances and I never felt any dislike from anyone of them. Yes' date=' many are still ignorant about other's culture but I see that fading away very soon because technology is bringing people closer.[/quote'] I have noticed that people who have stayed rooted in the same place right from childhood are the ones who have the most misconceptions about other cultures and are most rigid and sometimes racists. Even among the most well educated ones. This was quite common during my parents time. The more a person moves around, and the more they ineract with different cultures, the more accepting and open minded they become. The former group is quick to tar everyone with the same brush because of their ignorance."All madrasis are like this, all gujjus are like that, etc. The latter group will see people as individuals on a case to case basis Nowadays, the world have become small and almost eveyrone is well travelled and meet different kind of people. I have lived in muslim and christian houses and got the best hospitality, have lived in different states of India and interacted with people having differnt languages and cultures. Slwoly but surely, the stereotyping is dying from India and whats left is mostly good-natured. But one part of our country which I believe faces the most racism even now is north-east mostly because people are not aware of what they go through. The words 'chinky' and 'chink' have extreme racial significance and though you will never see someone from north-east complain, it hurts them a lot when the word is used Adding to this, when people stay around together for a longer time, even online, a sense of comfort develops between them. You will see friends casually abuse each other all the time and its not because they are mad at each other, but because its good nature bantering and leg-pulling. Between friends even the worst of abuses is funny, which might not be outside the forum. What goes on in ICf is exactly that, posters who have known each other for long pulling other poster's legs

u guys ridicule bangladesh every chance u get. at first i used to take offence but now i know most of the posters dont mean em. and if any1 take offence bcs some bangladeshi called em lungis wen almost every1 here call em that then maybe u r not the person who shud be vocal agains racism :nice:

One of the favourite ragging exercises for one of the hostels in my college was to get a junior to go into the middle of the open area, it was a four sided hostel with a big open area that had a small cemented pool and everything (fresher's party = ducking = seniors get drunk and piss into it the day before) and the boy had to basically stand there in the middle of the night and scream at the top of his voice, "Aap Sardar ho to kya hua, aapko bhi sochne ka haq hai oye!". He was told to repeat saying this till he was really loud, because all of them started on a low volume, and by the time they got it right with the encouragements and threats of the seniors they would be giggling nervously and shouting these words...

You guys are not even fit to tie his shoe laces, and you have courage to start thread on him? He is serving his motherland, made India proud with his 100. He looks like a model, is fit. How many of you guys step out of your home? You all are used to ACs and Keyboards. Achieve even 1% of Murali Vijay and I will salute you! He is my childhood hero and will remain so, you all are cribbing about just 1 run? He is not there as 12th man, guy also scores runs. He had very time time getting into squad, see his interview with his mom and if you have even bit of humanity you will forgive him. You all have oppurtunity to ignore him but please dont hate him, he is a gem of a person, very humble and down to earth, an asset to India. He is already robbed of a place in national team due to idiot Srikanth. Very unfortunate person, had he been born in some other country his talent would have been better utilised!

You guys are not even fit to tie his shoe laces' date=' and you have courage to start thread on him? He is serving his motherland, made India proud with his 100. He looks like a model, is fit. How many of you guys step out of your home? You all are used to ACs and Keyboards. Achieve even 1% of Murali Vijay and I will salute you! He is my childhood hero and will remain so, you all are cribbing about just 1 run? He is not there as 12th man, guy also scores runs. He had very time time getting into squad, see his interview with his mom and if you have even bit of humanity you will forgive him. You all have oppurtunity to ignore him but please dont hate him, he is a gem of a person, very humble and down to earth, an asset to India. He is already robbed of a place in national team due to idiot Srikanth. Very unfortunate person, had he been born in some other country his talent would have been better utilised![/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You guys are not even fit to tie his shoe laces' date=' and you have courage to start thread on him? He is serving his motherland, made India proud with his 100. [b']He looks like a model, is fit. How many of you guys step out of your home? You all are used to ACs and Keyboards. Achieve even 1% of Murali Vijay and I will salute you! He is my childhood hero and will remain so, you all are cribbing about just 1 run? He is not there as 12th man, guy also scores runs. He had very time time getting into squad, see his interview with his mom and if you have even bit of humanity you will forgive him. You all have oppurtunity to ignore him but please dont hate him, he is a gem of a person, very humble and down to earth, an asset to India. He is already robbed of a place in national team due to idiot Srikanth. Very unfortunate person, had he been born in some other country his talent would have been better utilised!
:cantstop:

But one part of our country which I believe faces the most racism even now is north-east mostly because people are not aware of what they go through. The words 'chinky' and 'chink' have extreme racial significance and though you will never see someone from north-east complain, it hurts them a lot when the word is used
Really ? Whats the big deal and so derogatory about using the Word " Chink " ?

Really ? Whats the big deal and so derogatory about using the Word " Chink " ?
Sir Chinky is an English ethnic slur referring mainly to a person of Chinese ethnicity. How will you will if someone use Paki for you in UK? just because you share same skin color and have same south Asian origin. or how will North Indians who share physical anthropology with Pakistani counterparts feel if called Paki when on trip to South or East India ? How will Bengali Indian will feel if someone use Bangladeshi term for him? See pattern in above lines? Sir not all Mongoloid people are Chinese, they are proud Indians and should be called appropriate names.

Sir Chinky is an English ethnic slur referring mainly to a person of Chinese ethnicity. How will you will if someone use Paki for you in UK? just because you share same skin color and have same south Asian origin. or how will North Indians who share physical anthropology with Pakistani counterparts feel if called Paki when on trip to South or East India ? How will Bengali Indian will feel if someone use Bangladeshi term for him? See pattern in above lines? Sir not all Mongoloid people are Chinese, they are proud Indians and should be called appropriate names.
Your best post to date. Totally agree with everything you say.

u guys ridicule bangladesh every chance u get. at first i used to take offence but now i know most of the posters dont mean em. and if any1 take offence bcs some bangladeshi called em lungis wen almost every1 here call em that then maybe u r not the person who shud be vocal agains racism :nice:
you have a very flawed logic kid. You are saying that if someone takes offense from remarks of someone else, then that someone should keep quite. Nope you are wrong.