The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

The contrast is stark. The two politicians spearheading the NDA and UPA campaigns 0differ in every which way. Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi are two very opposite personalities. And the rallies they address bring out that fact in more ways than one
At Narendra Modi’s rally, the composition of crowd included rickshaw pullers to IT professionals carrying smartphones and other hi-tech gadgets
During Modi’s rally, the crowd did not let any other leader speak
Modi spoke for around one hour. And he went on attack mode from the word go. He slammed the UPA, the Delhi government and trained guns on not only the prime minister but also allies of the Union government
While Modi’s rallies were truly “mega”, seeing upwards of two lakhs in attendance,
Then again, Modi’s Japanese Park’s rally saw people turned “spontaneously”. Even the Delhi Metro recorded an increase in ridership at the nearest metro station to the venue
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-narendra-modi-vs-rahul-gandhi-rallies-with-different-strokes-1909845 If you want to see how dumb leaders rally goes plz visit Rahul thread.

Not at all. Forget all Muslims, my hindu family doesn't have consensus on this guy. I would be surprised if even 50 % of Hindus in India support Modi. Thanks for jumping the gun btw. In your eagerness to actually label me as ...., you actually missed the point of the post. Avoid all generalizations for Muslims or even Hindus for that matter is the point. People will and should vote on issues. Muslims are not a monolith. This cleric does not represent all muslims, neither do you. But a story like this thwarts the narrative that secularists try to shove down the throat of common man. There are different narratives to this story like there is to every story. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Label you? :confused: I am the one generalizing here? To be honest, 'avoid all generalizations' doesn't come across as the point at all in the post I previously quoted.

Mariyam you mean to say Congress isnt communal? Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
They absolutely are. In fact, they are a communal in a very subtle manner. Lets just say that their communalism isn't confrontational. That the Congress has is against a Uniform Civil Code is as communal as one can get. BJP may want a Uniform Civil Code, but BJP's secularism also includes demolition of mosques. They aren't even subtle about it.

They absolutely are. In fact' date= they are a communal in a very subtle manner. Lets just say that their communalism isn't confrontational. That the Congress has is against a Uniform Civil Code is as communal as one can get. BJP may want a Uniform Civil Code, but BJP's secularism also includes demolition of mosques. They aren't even subtle about it.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2006-12-09/india/27806617_1_first-claim-minorities-muslims
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said plans for minorities, particularly Muslims, must have the first claim on resources so that benefits of development reach them equitably. "We will have to devise innovative plans to ensure that minorities, particularly the Muslim minority, are empowered to share equitably the fruits of development. These must have the first claim on resources," he said in his address at the 52nd meeting of the National Development Council here.
Yes, not confrontational for Muslims.

@Madam Mariyam, no one is doubting patriotism of Muslims in general.I don't think all Hindus are patriots either [let us leave the Internet/cricket patriotism for time being]. Concern is Muslims voting only based on secular propaganda.Now only major clerics coming out and openly saying parties use secularism as a tool to generate votes.This is a welcome move.

Absolutely shameful comments by the PM. Thing is, thankfully, these are only comments. What first right on recources have Muslims had? Isn't this what politicians do best? Make promises. Only that this particular promise was very communal as well. If these comments were enforced, then I would say that it is confrontational.
Don't understand why BJP supporters go on the defensive when talking about Babri.
I'm sorry I brought up the topic. It was just to show people that when it comes to religion over nation, the BJP has chosen religion. Not an area where BJP can claim the moral high ground.

I'm sorry I brought up the topic. It was just to show people that when it comes to religion over nation, the BJP has chosen religion. Not an area where BJP can claim the moral high ground.
If BJP had chosen religion, whole lot of mosques all over the country would be demolished that bear names of other genocidal maniacs and many of which also were intentionally built over previously standing actual Hindu or Buddhist religious places.

Patna: Janata Dal United leader Shivanand Tiwari embarrassed his party by openly praising Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi at the party's convention in Rajgir on Tuesday. He then went on to attack party leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. "JDU's alliance with the BJP was working fine. JDU broke ties with the BJP because of national politics. BJP elevated Narendra Modi, who comes from a very humble ground. He has struggled a lot to reach where he is today and for this I admire him a lot. We will fight him but we should also be aware of his strengths," he said as Nitish Kumar and other JDU leaders looked on. Questioning why Nitish Kumar was jealous of Modi, Tiwari praised Modi's 'modest background'. "I am an old colleague of yours Nitishji, I would be happy when my friends will move ahead. This demand for special package for Bihar was my idea," he said
Tiwari added, "We don't want to be the Prime Minister. When someone is shining, what is the harm in working together with a large heart? Why are you jealous," Tiwari questioned, leading to an uproar at the convention
he said as Nitish Kumar and other JDU leaders looked on.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/jdu-leader-shivanand-tiwari-praises-modi-attacks-nitish/431162-3-232.html :fear:

Don't understand why BJP supporters go on the defensive when talking about Babri.
This. I feel it is akin to Taliban bringing down statues of Buddha in Afghanistan, or Pakistan/BD bringing down scores of Hindu temples . BJP rode on the Mandir mudda to break away from Congress and Third Front (:hehe:) and are now trying to break away on the Vikas mudda.

Please elaborate. Did she asked politicians or public and when?
Couple of years ago I think when Ndtv newsreaders use to write in ndtv website. She was asking why VHP and BJP wants to build a temple in the exact place where lord Ram was born and not somewhere else in Ayodhya. Wouldn't that give same satisfaction? She asked. Few guys wrote back, why she wants to have sex in her vagina and not somewhere else in her body, wouldn't that have same satisfaction? They asked.. I think she was shocked by the replies and never wrote much.

Label you? :confused: I am the one generalizing here? To be honest, 'avoid all generalizations' doesn't come across as the point at all in the post I previously quoted.
Hmm. No I didn't say you are generalising. That statement you quoted was to clarify my reasoning for that post and what I am getting at. So let me rephrase it "there are more sides to this story. Unfortunately one side is getting way more attention than the other. This is my attempt to bring the other side of it too. That doesn't mean I am saying the other side is absolute truth if situation which you conveniently concluded. But it is still other side. So the statement was to bring the other side to the attention of those who love to generalize" I don't think I can decode it anymore. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Very disappointed at Modi's statements at launch of statue if unity. He ll continue to be divisive figure if he keeps going along these lines. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I agree. He could have avoided the language while sharing stage with the PM of India. Hearing the song: Badtameezi ek beemari hai jo ki bahut mushkil se jaati hai.

Very disappointed at Modi's statements at launch of statue if unity. He ll continue to be divisive figure if he keeps going along these lines.
Agree... Modi could have avoided the statements on the first PM of independent India. However it has stirred up lot of muck on Nehru/Edwina/Bharat Ratna on twitter

BANGALORE: Narendra Modi is the flavour of the season. The BJP leader has proved he's on par with cricket and Bollywood stars in the firecrackers market this Diwali, with a special flowerpot named after him. With the Lok Sabha poll gathering pace, 'Modi crackers' are selling briskly. "We've been selling the Modi flowerpot for Rs 1,000 apiece. There are 12 other varieties of firecrackers, including rockets, sparklers, bullet bombs and classic bombs, named after him. Modi's face embossed on the firecracker packets is making all the difference, and they're flying off the racks,'' said Ketan Patel, a cracker dealer from Gujarat who had put up a makeshift shop on Palace Grounds. He said the demand for the Modi brand is high, and so is the price.
Vinod Mishra, a cracker dealer from Bihar, said: "Modi flowerpots are the first preference of buyers. These huge crackers burst into colourful sparkles. I hadn't imagined Modi-printed crackers would be accepted so well in Karnataka."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/Modi-sparkles-Siddu-booms/articleshow/24892823.cms Hope they are not fake :pray: