Harbhajan English County Performance Monitor

It is good to see him showing signs of improvement in the longer format. A bowler with his batting ability truly is extremely valuable in Tests.
We keep on making the same stupid mistake again and again. India's biggest weakness is its bowling, yet we still want bowlers in test more for their batting than bowling. BTW, Ashwin is as good a batsman as bhajji
We keep on making the same stupid mistake again and again. India's biggest weakness is its bowling' date=' yet we still want bowlers in test more for their batting than bowling. BTW, Ashwin is as good a batsman as bhajji[/quote'] I didn't say he should be rushed into the side before his bowling is Test standard. I said nothing that could be interpreted as valuing batting over bowling or whatever. We have a lot of spinners of a similar standard for Tests and Harbhajan is currently below them in the pecking order due to a run of poor form in Test cricket. If/When he improves his bowling performances, then he would be a handy person to look at to bat at eight or nine and get some important lower order runs like Broad and Swann have done for England. I'm not suggesting putting someone in at eight just to bat like Australia did with Cameron White. I understand that is nonsense and never suggested anything of the sort. Ftr though, our batting is hardly flawless. We are seriously lacking quality top order batsmen and so having an eight and possibly a nine who can bat should be looked at if the bowlers are of sufficient quality.