Desi Posers

maniac

Ok new rant. A guy at work is named Jack.P yes Jack.P from New Jersey......no he is not Jack Pollock or Jack Paulson....he is Jack Patel.....what the fk seriously Mofo.....your name is Jack Patel....You don't look like a Jack to me or maybe you do in a different context but Jack really? After some digging the guy's real name is Jagdish...why the Fk are you embarrassed of such a beautiful name that reeks of Indianness. I have seen this with a lot of Desi migrants Dev or Dhawal becomes Dave......I mean really,you call yourself that in front of me I will kick you in your b***s. Malik or Manoj becomes Mike.....aaaaaaaaarg stop this fkin insanity. One of the reasoning given is but but we want to make it easy for the westerners to pronounce our name....really I mean are you serious,are you fkin nuts...idiots If the westeners have learnt to pronounce names like Krajecwiski or Kryzinski or some other Fkin name with no vowels in them, I am sure they can pronounce JAGDISH....if such a Western poser tries to act like he is all at sea,remember SUnny Deol Paaji and give it to him/her...tell them ***** it is my name and it has a lot of sylabbles,get it right you ignorant Hippo. Recently I know of an Indian couple who named their kid Ryan,just so that their Kid can "fit-in" with the American society....WTF what in the real F......You know he is an adorable kid though but in 20 odd years when he becomes a mature adult,I will fkin hate him but for now let that water pass under the bridge,because I hate his parents.....fkin hate them. The point is why are we so embarassed of our Indianness...coming from the state of Andhra,some of our guys have tounge twisters as name....so big fkin deal,I have no problem with that,I can pronounce it just like I learnt that jose is not Jose but Hosey and jorge is not george but Horhey,people will fkin get over it. Why the Fk are you doing this *****es. Now let us say if a guy comes from a Indian Muslim family of Indian Christian family and is named muammar Gaddaffi or John Kennedy,I have no fkin problem with this but I do and believe me I do have a problem with Indians westernizing their names just to Fit in or amalgamate in the western society.....fkin posers ANyways time to act like the old man suffering from piles or the teem who got her first period when meeting this Jack Patel guy......Tu to gaya BC
the chinese from the hong kong have been doing it since the 1970s...

Ok new rant. A guy at work is named Jack.P yes Jack.P from New Jersey......no he is not Jack Pollock or Jack Paulson....he is Jack Patel.....what the fk seriously Mofo.....your name is Jack Patel....You don't look like a Jack to me or maybe you do in a different context but Jack really? After some digging the guy's real name is Jagdish...why the Fk are you embarrassed of such a beautiful name that reeks of Indianness. I have seen this with a lot of Desi migrants Dev or Dhawal becomes Dave......I mean really,you call yourself that in front of me I will kick you in your b***s. Malik or Manoj becomes Mike.....aaaaaaaaarg stop this fkin insanity. One of the reasoning given is but but we want to make it easy for the westerners to pronounce our name....really I mean are you serious,are you fkin nuts...idiots If the westeners have learnt to pronounce names like Krajecwiski or Kryzinski or some other Fkin name with no vowels in them, I am sure they can pronounce JAGDISH....if such a Western poser tries to act like he is all at sea,remember SUnny Deol Paaji and give it to him/her...tell them ***** it is my name and it has a lot of sylabbles,get it right you ignorant Hippo. Recently I know of an Indian couple who named their kid Ryan,just so that their Kid can "fit-in" with the American society....WTF what in the real F......You know he is an adorable kid though but in 20 odd years when he becomes a mature adult,I will fkin hate him but for now let that water pass under the bridge,because I hate his parents.....fkin hate them. The point is why are we so embarassed of our Indianness...coming from the state of Andhra,some of our guys have tounge twisters as name....so big fkin deal,I have no problem with that,I can pronounce it just like I learnt that jose is not Jose but Hosey and jorge is not george but Horhey,people will fkin get over it. Why the Fk are you doing this *****es. Now let us say if a guy comes from a Indian Muslim family of Indian Christian family and is named muammar Gaddaffi or John Kennedy,I have no fkin problem with this but I do and believe me I do have a problem with Indians westernizing their names just to Fit in or amalgamate in the western society.....fkin posers ANyways time to act like the old man suffering from piles or the teem who got her first period when meeting this Jack Patel guy......Tu to gaya BC
' #1 - You are absolutely correct to rant. #2 - It's none of your effin business what other people want them to be called. Stop judging people the moment you see them. I can have an anglicized name, have the worst fake accent in the history of humanity - but how the eff does that matter to *YOU* Did *I* come to you, asking you for an opinion? Bottom line - People can do what they want to do without having to be judged on it by random strangers.

Simple this is an outlet to express our feelings-be it cricket,Politics,movies or general stuff... a)Do I really talk like that in my day to day life? of course not b)Do things irritate me?Of course they do. If I have an itch in my private parts I will suffer silently but I am free to type that on an internet forum without the same inhibitions isn't it? I am amused and irritated by silly things some people do and I rant because obviously I don't fkin like it. I am sure I have a lot of flaws in me(:hmmmm:) and I am sure some people who know me in real life might be ranting somewehere on another forum :dontknow: sure someone judges me I have a problem...Yes I am a hypocrite and I also judge people...

My nickname in the office is "Hunny" does that bother you ?
Did I say I have problems with nicknames or did I talk about people who officially change their given birth name to fit in? I have a big name too and I go by a shortened version as well....no issues but If I change my name to Brad just to accomodate others yes I will hate myself

oh btw my rant: I have a 6 cousins who were born in late 80s. I realized that they all speak hindi like Angrezon ke jamanay ke jailer. Its appalling, they live in Delhi, watch desi movies, sing desi songs, dont complete a sentence without yaar but still its very Angreez accent. Its hard to type as its pronunciation but they sound like Parsis in Hindi movies. Sample "Bhaaaiya, maaira sweater udhar KOONA main para hai" instead of "Biaya, mera sweater udhar koney mein pada hai" I was like WTF .. you live in Delhi and go to Sarojini nagar to shop and this is how you speak ?

Did I say I have problems with nicknames or did I talk about people who officially change their given birth name to fit in? I have a big name too and I go by a shortened version as well....no issues but If I change my name to Brad just to accomodate others yes I will hate myself
Going by a different name or changing names, aren't they almost the same thing ?

oh btw my rant: I have a 6 cousins who were born in late 80s. I realized that they all speak hindi like Angrezon ke jamanay ke jailer. Its appalling, they live in Delhi, watch desi movies, sing desi songs, dont complete a sentence without yaar but still its very Angreez accent. Its hard to type as its pronunciation but they sound like Parsis in Hindi movies. Sample "Bhaaaiya, maaira sweater udhar KOONA main para hai" instead of "Biaya, mera sweater udhar koney mein pada hai" I was like WTF .. you live in Delhi and go to Sarojini nagar to shop and this is how you speak ?
Yep pretty much essence of this thread

I find it real hypocritical of some people who have no problem enunciating Americans with crazy long greek/hungarian/russian surnames but somehow starts choking on words when it is an Indian one. Also apparently, lot of people shorten their 1st name for better job opportunities. I read somewhere that resumes get tossed with long ethnic names.

talking of names and how some parents cannot be forgiven' date=' I once had a colleague named "Richard Head". What were his parents thinking :hysterical:[/quote'] let just hope they did not call him by his short name :cantstop: My neighbors last name is Blow. He has held many jobs....

i thought it was Sachin
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: BTW way Yodaesqueji and I know you don't give a SH** what I think and rightfully so but I have no problem with Rayan ...I was referring to RYAN as in Ryan reynolds or Ryan Grosling

talking of names and how some parents cannot be forgiven' date=' I once had a colleague named "Richard Head". What were his parents thinking :hysterical:[/quote'] Can't be worse than Dick Gay. Gay is a common surname in the South and Dick used to be a popular 1st name in the 50's. Also rant: Met some Business school desis straight out of Mumbai or Delhi. Total D-bags. When asked only listens to "hard metal" like "Metallica" (couldn't name more than 2 ultra famous bands).... u mean heavy metal? O ya heavy metal. Then I caught them listening to A R Rahman secretly in the bathroom. Guess they're ashamed to listen to hindi songs out in the open. Hindi grammar is worse than mine and I've been in the states for 17 yrs. Also hate how they end a sentence with "no" in a form of question....."Obama is so cool no?" ...dafaq is that? Bytches. No substance. No self pride. Only good at following trends and others.