Dale Steyn declares England as phoney No 1 Test side

SO? I suppose in your world the past always determines the future? Get some perspective please.
I thought it was a fair enough observation. If England haven't won in India since 1984 and therefore wont win next time they tour, why will India win in Aus and reclaim the # ranking if they're never won in Aus? I agree, look at the present and the future, rather than the past. However, you need to do this for all teams, not just where it suits an online argument

Congrats to new number 1: South Africa, English poop it after only 6 mos. As things stand at the latest, Saffers move to number 1 on 116 points whilst England dropped to number 2 on 114 points. England held on to their number 1 for a mighty 6 months :hehe: Yeah Ian Botham, new era of dominance is on its way just that Herath never got the memo :hysterical: Congrats to Saffers, the new number 1:clap: ranking.jpg

What happens if they're killed by SL in the next match aswell? Will they drop below us? that'll be :cantstop:
Well if they fail to win their next match vs SL, manage only a 1-0 win vs WIndies, and loose to Saffers by 0-2, then by the time they come to India they will be no.4 (and India will be 3rd):hysterical: Anything worse than the above they will be no.5, below the pakis :hysterical::hysterical:
lets be honest, none of the current teams are even fit to lace the boots of the dominant teams of the 70s 80s 90s 00s. number 1 tag just tells you who is best out of the worst bunch of test teams for 40 years.
Forget Australia or WI, these teams are not even close to SA of late 90s to mid 2000s.
lets be honest, none of the current teams are even fit to lace the boots of the dominant teams of the 70s 80s 90s 00s. number 1 tag just tells you who is best out of the worst bunch of test teams for 40 years.
Well we aren't in the 70s or 80s. We have what we have. And who is to say in that period the others (in the bunch) were any good? India were absolutely hopeless abroad, Pakis cheated to win, South Africa were banned, SL didn't play Test cricket, NZ were NZ. Anyways I do rate the Aussie side of the 00s the best to date, above West Indies anyday who had an easy ride in the 80s tbh.
Well we aren't in the 70s or 80s. We have what we have. And who is to say in that period the others (in the bunch) were any good? India were absolutely hopeless abroad, Pakis cheated to win, South Africa were banned, SL didn't play Test cricket, NZ were NZ. Anyways I do rate the Aussie side of the 00s the best to date, above West Indies anyday who had an easy ride in the 80s tbh.
This deserves a separate topic. Something which has potential to go on couple of pages at least w/o Sachin's support.