Did u know

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

'Ima Keithel' at Khwairamband Bazar ( Manipur) is the only market in the world where, as the name suggests, all the stalls are run by women. :two_thumbs_up: More lesser known tidbits like this exclusively from india is welcome

Talking about South Indian langues..I have a request for North Indians on this forum. Can you differentiate the South Indian languages..or everythings sounds like bloddy Madrasi? :haha: Or is in-famous stereo-type of North Indians really true? Sorry to hijack the thread, but this could also be one one of 'Did you know"s.

Talking about South Indian langues..I have a request for North Indians on this forum. Can you differentiate the South Indian languages..or everythings sounds like bloddy Madrasi? :haha: Or is in-famous stereo-type of North Indians really true?
No I can not make a differentiation. But I can certainly pick which language is being spoken. Mostly because of the accent! And Indian Govt. should seriously make "Cheppo" the National word! Must say have heard that word more than any other...followed distanct second by "Kem Cho..." xx

Madraasi !! ??? . Me blud boils avery taim i hear tht.... :angry_smile:
:sad_smile: guilty a charged... ask some one from Bihar or haryana... any one from Southern states of india..is Madrasi.. may be becasue "Madras" was the often repeated word we used to hear and see... my friend from muzzafar pur who is presently in banglore was happy to see "hindustani" in malls of banglore during weekends.. such are the ignorant people we have in northern india..

Talking about South Indian langues..I have a request for North Indians on this forum. Can you differentiate the South Indian languages..or everythings sounds like bloddy Madrasi? :haha: Or is in-famous stereo-type of North Indians really true? Sorry to hijack the thread, but this could also be one one of 'Did you know"s.
..sorry, I am neutral ( both north and south )- albeit bit more freindly to south AND I can't differentiate at all..yes, its madrasi for me :cry_smile: sorry, but its not in bad sense

*disclaimer* : No offence meant:

I can tell malayali, telegu & tamil apart. Cant tell kannada apart from either though. Malayalam : sounds like a guy speaking tamil really fast and in a 'radio announcer mode' of over-pronouncing the word ( vadaK-KAAAAAAMMMMMMMuhmmmuhmmmMMMM) Tamil : Malayalis on pot (vada........kam......do........saah !) Telegu : Malayalis pissed off ( Vada-KAM! maa-TERI, grrrr....) Kannada : the doppleganger malayali who pretends to be tamil & telegu at the same time while trying to sound like a filipino at a kareoke bar.