Australia vs Pakistan in UAE 2012

No doubt he is a good talent, was tried and should be tried more but I think they expected lot more out of his bowling, so far he just looked like one part time medium pacer, I guess even Younis Khan can bowl like that whereas Razzaq in his earlier days used to bowl along Wasim, Waqar/Shoaib and most of the times did even better than these guys... (cant even think to make a comparison with Azhar Ali, 2 altogether different things)
agree even i like azhar ali..
From cricinfo "who are without the injured Shane Watson" http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-australia-2012/content/story/579640.html
Strange. In the match preview they wrote he is being rested.
Both sides are without some senior players: Pakistan have dropped Umar Gul and Younis Khan, and Australia are missing Clint McKay due to injury and Shane Watson, who is being rested to allow him more time for strength and conditioning work ahead of a busy schedule. Pakistan are expected to use a spin-heavy attack in this first match, while Australia have decided to rely on pace, having seen the ball swing in their win against Afghanistan.
but at domestic level playing like afridi .. i dont think he deserves hype had he averaged over 35-40 (which is possible at this level) with this strike rate then i would have hyped him :P
He is hyped because of SR as he mostly batted in lower order at 7-8, you cant expect 40 average. He has 139 SR at that number which is exceptional.
No doubt he is a good talent, was tried and should be tried more but I think they expected lot more out of his bowling, so far he just looked like one part time medium pacer, I guess even Younis Khan can bowl like that whereas Razzaq in his earlier days used to bowl along Wasim, Waqar/Shoaib and most of the times did even better than these guys... (cant even think to make a comparison with Azhar Ali, 2 altogether different things)
why would u need a bowler wen u already have Ajmal,Afridi,Hafeez n two seamers. they desperately need a batsman n Hammad showed in U19 WC that he can handle pressure n can hit big
He is hyped because of SR as he mostly batted in lower order at 7-8' date=' you cant expect 40 average. He has 139 SR at that number which is exceptional.[/quote'] why would u have a player who bats at 7-8 n cant bowl to save his life
why would u need a bowler wen u already have Ajmal,Afridi,Hafeez n two seamers. they desperately need a batsman n Hammad showed in U19 WC that he can handle pressure n can hit big
Then probably they think better to include one extra genuine batsman instead of an all-rounder who cant bowl...
but clearly not suited for ODIs that' date='maybe T20s[/quote'] He has mostly batted in lower order at 7-8 for victoria as they play lot of batsmen and alrounder and he also plays as an alrounder. He cant average 40 at that number. He is there to hit in lower order which he has done with an SR of 139.
Yeah I know both are different. My point was that U. Akmal should be promoted in the order and there should be an all rounder especially in T20s/ODIs as we all know how much Afridi contributes with the bat these days. For this either Azhar or someone else has to come down the order. If not, then play Hammad instead who can be handy with the ball aswell. Ps: I think Afridi is useless nowadays. He does not even pick wickets against quality oppositions anymore (Aus, Ind, etc.) and more often than not is quite expensive.
why would u have a player who bats at 7-8 n cant bowl to save his life
He can bat in top order too. It is just that he has just broken into victoria team last season and they had to make a place for him seeing his talent so they had to play him lower down the order because of no vacancy in top order as he can also be useful at that number and alsi used him as a bowler. He batted at 4-5 in EPT last year and thrashed bowlers allover.
why isnt he seen as a genuine batsman?
May b cz he simply isnt, yeah he looked superb in U-19 WC but since then he is doing only reasonable as a batsman in his first-class/T20s/ListA career, no doubt he have talent and still is young so its not over yet, I belive he will get chances back again...