Saeed ajmal v Ashwin

panther

Aswhin's T20 prowess is really under-rated. If you guys recall, MSD used to have him open the bowling for CSK against some of the world's most prolific hitters in the PP and his Economy rate was still the best among an Indian spinners in the combined editions of IPL. In an ideal world, MSD would prefer that Ashwin always bowls in the PP overs and Yuvraj can be able 2nd spinner from overs 8-14.

Aswhin's T20 prowess is really under-rated. If you guys recall, MSD used to have him open the bowling for CSK against some of the world's most prolific hitters in the PP and his Economy rate was still the best among an Indian spinners in the combined editions of IPL. In an ideal world, MSD would prefer that Ashwin always bowls in the PP overs and Yuvraj can be able 2nd spinner from overs 8-14.
Not always like while defending low totals. In certain scenarios his bowling outside powerplay is more effective. When there is rain he should never open. When there is a smallish total he shouldn't be exposed right away.
Not always like while defending low totals. In certain scenarios his bowling outside powerplay is more effective. When there is rain he should never open. When there is a smallish total he shouldn't be exposed right away.
I disagree. Your tactics should be based on who has the best statistical chance to get you the early wicket in the PP overs, whether you're defending a small total or a big one. As ironical as it may sound, Aswhin is a far better bowler in overs 1-12, than he is betwen 13-20. I dont think I have ever seen him taken for runs in the initial overs, but batsmen have hammered him in the latter stages of the innings.
I disagree. Your tactics should be based on who has the best statistical chance to get you the early wicket in the PP overs' date=' whether you're defending a small total or a big one. As ironical as it may sound, Aswhin is a far better bowler in overs 1-12, than he is betwen 13-20. I dont think I have ever seen him taken for runs in the initial overs, but batsmen have hammered him in the latter stages of the innings.[/quote'] There is always a chance they could play him out and go after others later on or he could be out of the attack with just 2 players outside. With 10 wickets in hand, if they play 3 of his overs out, worst case hit few boundaries then India will not have any bowler for 14 overs to make a break through.
Ashwin ... right what a JOKE! I have quite a strong feeling that when AJMAL retires' date= he will be known as one of the greatest SPINNER to play the game. Ashwin, like anyone will rememeber him after 3-5 more years.
Abbey dhakkan for that he needs to perform against all countries and not just England. There was a reason he did not win any ICC award. :haha:
Ashwin ... right what a JOKE! I have quite a strong feeling that when AJMAL retires' date=' he will be known as one of the greatest SPINNER to play the game. Ashwin, like anyone will rememeber him after 3-5 more years.[/quote'] I have said this before, and i am repeating myself, your saeed ajmal is the most untested spinner bowling at the moment, 1) he has not played a single test match against india 2) He sucks at temperament, the moment hes attacked, he looks out of sorts.
ashwin v england?
yea will be interesting. But the way they imploded in world T20 against chawla and Bhajji you wouldn't really praise any bowler based on their outing against England. They are just crap. Period. But ofcourse it depends on the surface they get. India has some super flat surface which doesn't help spinners, seamers anybody. If they are presented with such surfaces Ashwin could become a non-factor.

^ A non factor? He had a good eco. rate of 6.00 in the WT20. Which is a very decent eco. in T20s. He was easily our go-to bowler in the WT20 & it wasn't a total spinner friendly wicket neither was it a pacer friendly one as the tournament progressed with low bounce and carry but it din't really have a lot of effect on assisting the spinners.

Ashwin was a non factor in world t20 on pitches which helped spinners a lot' date=' it is still yet to be seen if Ashwin can be a match winner against good teams even if it is at home.He was not all good in Australia.[/quote'] In Australia most of the offies including Murali couldn't make a mark. I would worry about seamers failing there rather than a spinner. At best a spinner could do a supporting role. Ashwin has so far nailed 3 man of the matches in 4 tests played in India albeit against Windies/NZ.