Saeed ajmal v Ashwin

panther

When I meant performed at every stage I meant that Ajmal has done well in several arenas, ODIs, T20Is, Tests, Domestic T20s And you are also talking about the ajmal failing in some cases. Well that shows that he is no alien. You are bound to fail every once in a while. Now dont tell me the great tendulkar almost never failed
I am simply saying Ashwin has checked the same boxes which Ajmal has done and has probably been more successful. Let me walk through the list which you stated... 1. ODIs - Ashwin has been pretty good especially at home. Same with Ajmal as he had the luxury of bowling in UAE and sub-continent and hasn't done much outside the SC. 2. T20Is - Ashwin is India's leading bowler in T20Is and has won India as many matches as Ajmal has for Pakis in recent times. At least Ashwin hasn't cost India a match conceding 20 in an over so far. 3. Tests - in 4 Tests at home Ashwin has 3 MOMs and averages in teens. Ajmal has done the same playing at home (in UAE) and hasn't been tested away. The day Ajmal performs in a place like Aus, where even Murali averaged 75 with the ball, he will get ahead of Ashwin but so far on a turning track Ashwin has been stellar. 4. Domestic T20s - care to check Ashwin's T20 stats? Ashwin made the name for himself bowling during power-plays and at the death in IPL and has one of the best economy rates in the tourney despite flat wkts and smallish grounds. Based on above I don't really see how Ajmal is so far ahead of Ashwin :dontknow: Just because Ashwin failed in Aus, a place where no off-spinner has done well, doesn't mean Ajmal's better. I would love to see Ajmal tour Aus and if he performs there he gets ahead but at this point Ajmal hasn't done anything which Ashwin hasn't.
I am simply saying Ashwin has checked the same boxes which Ajmal has done and has probably been more successful. Let me walk through the list which you stated... 1. ODIs - Ashwin has been pretty good especially at home. Same with Ajmal as he had the luxury of bowling in UAE and sub-continent and hasn't done much outside the SC. 2. T20Is - Ashwin is India's leading bowler in T20Is and has won India as many matches as Ajmal has for Pakis in recent times. At least Ashwin hasn't cost India a match conceding 20 in an over so far. 3. Tests - in 4 Tests at home Ashwin has 3 MOMs and averages in teens. Ajmal has done the same playing at home (in UAE) and hasn't been tested away. The day Ajmal performs in a place like Aus, where even Murali averaged 75 with the ball, he will get ahead of Ashwin but so far on a turning track Ashwin has been stellar. 4. Domestic T20s - care to check Ashwin's T20 stats? Ashwin made the name for himself bowling during power-plays and at the death in IPL and has one of the best economy rates in the tourney despite flat wkts and smallish grounds. Based on above I don't really see how Ajmal is so far ahead of Ashwin :dontknow: Just because Ashwin failed in Aus, a place where no off-spinner has done well, doesn't mean Ajmal's better. I would love to see Ajmal tour Aus and if he performs there he gets ahead but at this point Ajmal hasn't done anything which Ashwin hasn't.
ajmal averages 100 in aus but ashwin has a poor record in t20 just pointing it out.
ajmal averages 100 in aus but ashwin has a poor record in t20 just pointing it out.
The main point I am making is that India has rarely played at home the last 1.5 years since the WC when Ashwin finally broke into the team whereas Ajmal has mostly played at UAE, which aids spinners, during that time. Just because Ashwin didn't have the luxury of playing at home or on turning tracks shouldn't be the reason to say Ashwin is not good enough when Ashwin's stats show that if he played on turning tracks his stats would at least be comparable, if not better than Ajmal.
The main point I am making is that India has rarely played at home the last 1.5 years since the WC when Ashwin finally broke into the team whereas Ajmal has mostly played at UAE' date=' which aids spinners, during that time. Just because Ashwin didn't have the luxury of playing at home or on turning tracks shouldn't be the reason to say Ashwin is not good enough when Ashwin's stats show that if he played on turning tracks his stats would at least be comparable, if not better than Ajmal.[/quote'] ajmal can bowl well even on flat tracks like dhaka and recently v sl.

Neither has performed well in places like NZ AUS.Neither has played a match in SA. Ajmal has done well in Eng.Ashwin hasnt played there(should have played instead of Dartbhajan in 2011 series) But at the moment 33 year old Ajmal is better than 25 year old Ashwin.But spinners mature late. TBH at the end of their respective careers Ashwin may end up the better bowler by some distance.

Neither has performed well in places like NZ AUS.Neither has played a match in SA. Ajmal has done well in Eng.Ashwin hasnt played there(should have played instead of Dartbhajan in 2011 series) But at the moment 33 year old Ajmal is better than 25 year old Ashwin.But spinners mature late. TBH at the end of their respective careers Ashwin may end up the better bowler by some distance.
Neither will ever perform well in Aus.:--D
So if neither has done well in places outside of subcontinent/UAE and both have done well at home (SC/UAE) then how come Ajmal is better than Ashwin? Just because Ajmal was fortunate enough to play more games at home/UAE whereas Ashwin had to play in Aus?

i think we should wait for 2- 3 years .i have a gut feeling that ashwin will surprass ajmal.remember the geniuses of saqlain mushtaq and inzmam of 1992 world ccup were rated much higher than kumble and sachin,and we all know where all 4 of them finished. even today imran khan maintains that inzi is better batsman than tendu if he had more brains,if he had good shot selections,if he had more patience and more ifs:hysterical::hysterical:

One of the more lopsided comparisons I'll have to say. Ajmal wins this outright even with his left hand tied behind the back. If Paksters had chosen to send him to olympics he'd have won them their solitary medal in javelin throw. How can one not admire that perfect javelin throw technique? article-2090291-0F8745A100000578-685_634x410.jpg
but standards is high in olympics.no chance:haha:.let him throw his dart in cricket only
do you know the meaning BIASED? It means that you have special liking towards the player mainly because he is your countrymen/someone close. You guys are supposed to be biased towards ashwin, pakistani players are supposed to be biased towards ajmal, we bangbros are biased towards shakib the bowler, NZ fans are biased towards Vettori, english fans are biased towards swann.
But you are East Pakistani, how can you be neutral in this case :aetsch: