Saeed ajmal v Ashwin

panther

murli had probably bigger bend in his arm but i dont remember him ever wearing long sleeves. he was pretty confident that his arm never flexed beyond legal limit. he bowled with brace to prove that. for those of you who dont know this chucker wearing long sleeves thing was started with sangakara who was murli's team mate. he made this remark about harbhajan. i am sure murli and sanga must have talked about it in dressing room. ajmal is himself not confident of his action he must be afraid the he may be going over the legal limt in match condition that's why he tries to mask it with long sleeves.

So these are the words left for you to say....but yeah' date=' Ajmal is a good bowler,,but this comparison with Ashwin is just an [b']attempt made by the thread starter to project the greatness of your team's best bowler...:girly1:
and he failed cz Ajmal dont need this and its rather Ashwin who got some importance :--D

Im not a big fan of the ICC and how it enforces its chucking rules but ajmal deserves all the credit he gets. He is making the most of the rules that were given to him. Besides I don't see many other "chuckers" destroying opposition the way he has. Alot of people make it seem like anybody could bowl the way ajmal does if they copied his action. I like ashwin too but his career just started. He didn't do well in australia (so what?) and he's dominated the Windies and kiwis (also so what?) Their really isn't any record to compare yet. their won't be an accurate comparison until the south African series.

Law says: Current regulations of the International Cricket Council (ICC) set the legal limit of 15 degrees of permissible straightening of the elbow joint for all bowlers in international cricket. This law applies between the point at which the bowling arm passes above shoulder height and the point at which the ball is released. May b I am not getting it properly, please tell me in shots above where starts the "point at which the bowling arm passes above shoulder height"?
when the arm crosses the shoulder while delivering it has to be above the shoulder level else its underarm. And when it does the elbow should also not be bent. How difficult is this for pakistanis ? play honestly and win/loose dont chuck just to get more speed while spinning thats all.

How can any one even argue about Ajmals blatant chucking ? Hes only got away cos ICC dont want another controvercy involving Pakistan .if the guy was so great he wud not have made is debute at the age of 30 . Ashwin at this point is less effective , for obvious reasons ..but i will develop into a mcuh better bowler in a few years time , ideally he should .

How can any one even argue about Ajmals blatant chucking ? Hes only got away cos ICC dont want another controvercy involving Pakistan .if the guy was so great he wud not have made is debute at the age of 30 . Ashwin at this point is less effective , for obvious reasons ..but i will develop into a mcuh better bowler in a few years time , ideally he should .
I don't think that's true. From what I understand he was hooked up and bowled in a lab. Its very difficult to get caught under those circumstances because bowlers will try not to chuck. Has any one ever been caught chucking while bowling in a lab?
Sorry bro but ICC :haha: dont :hysterical: want :cantstop: another :giggle: controvercy :--D involving :haha: Pakistan :hysterical:
In the pics you posted' date=' frame 2 is the point where arm is about to go above the shoulder. Any bend should not be more than 15 degrees beyond this point. Frames 3 and 4 still show the elbow/arm bent way more than 15 degrees which is straightened in frame 5. This straightening is more than 15 degrees.[/quote']BS. Frame 1 & 2 the elbow points left and back wards. Then the elbow ratates on the humerus (arm) to point right and forward. That's how the "appareant" extension occurs.
I think any bowler who had been reported by umpires should not be allowed to bowl that ball for which they have been reported. This all 15 degrees mumbo jumbo started in the first place to accommodate Murali and now he has set a legacy for chuckers. In testing conditions these chuckers make sure they stay within limits even when bowling Doosra, so once reported ban that bowler from bowling that delivery.
It was brought to accomodate McGrath who was straigtening the elbow up to 12 degrees.
It's not his fault but at the same time it doesn't change the fact that Ajmal is a chucker. If Rajesh Chauhan and Mohnish Parmar's careers could be finished coz of throwing allegations and coz Parmar bowled like Murali' date=' why should others get preferential treatment? Also, is it fair on other teams to have "clean" bowlers when [b']another team plays a chucker?
Ajmal is not a chucker. If he is better bring your evidence.
you have any link for that?
McGrath and Pollock were found to have extending up to 12 degrees. The 15 degree limit came after that. Before that they just banned Murali's doosra because it was 13-14 degrees. Magically when the "cleanest" bowlers were found to extend it up to 12 (now think of what gillespie and Lee would ave been extending!) suddenly the 15 degree tolerance limit sprang up. 12 degree story is in cricinfo. Not bothered to search it.
McGrath and Pollock were found to have extending up to 12 degrees. The 15 degree limit came after that. Before that they just banned Murali's doosra because it was 13-14 degrees. Magically when the "cleanest" bowlers were found to extend it up to 12 (now think of what gillespie and Lee would ave been extending!) suddenly the 15 degree tolerance limit sprang up. 12 degree story is in cricinfo. Not bothered to search it.
that is utter crap invented by murali's camp to justify his action.
that is utter crap invented by murali's camp to justify his action.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/136043.html
The clincher, it turns out, was the news that a survey of the bowlers in the ICC Champions Trophy revealed that 99 per cent of all bowlers chucked. This isn't so different from earlier declarations that 90 per cent of all bowlers chuck, so the turnabout must have to do with the names named rather than the general conclusion. It turns out that under the current definition of a legitimate delivery, such pillars of the bowling establishment as Glenn McGrath, Shaun Pollock, and Jason Gillespie chuck. They straighten their arms in excess of the current 10-degree allowance for fast bowlers.