Saeed ajmal v Ashwin

panther

He was an okay ODI spinner. Regressed badly. He is mainly in the side for his ability to bat a bit. We don't rate ourselves . So save your breath . In Tests he won couple of series for us. He is still a far better batsman than your batsmen :--D
:cantstop:

Ajmal with low trajectory (his height helped him in a bit) with a drift causes more problems. Ashwin is more a flight bowler. He purely depends on beating batsmen in flight. He doesn't have enough revolutions. Good bowler on pitches that help him a bit. Ajmal's chucked doosra turns more sharply than Ashwin's carrom ball which is more subtle.

saying Ajmal chucks and taking away from his greatness is wrong, he is a very good bowler.No spinner has his effectiveness is all the formats of game on all the surfaces. If he is allowed to bowl then I think that's all which should matter.
If Ashwin has to learn something from someone, i say Yuvraj from world cup. Fantastic pace and flight variations by Yuvraj in the world cup. With Ashwin you get enough time to make adjustment as he is slow in the air. Since it comes from height, it is even easier. West Indies had a bowler named Roager Harper who would release the ball from enoromous height. You can make adjustments very easily on easy paced wickets. Ashwin is similar to that. Unless Ashwin finds a way to hurry the batsman with pace from time to time he is going to have an iffy record abroad.
If Ashwin has to learn something from someone' date=' i say Yuvraj from world cup. Fantastic pace and flight variations by Yuvraj in the world cup. With Ashwin you get enough time to make adjustment as he is slow in the air. Since it comes from height, it is even easier. West Indies had a bowler named Roager Harper who would release the ball from enoromous height. You can make adjustments very easily on easy paced wickets. Ashwin is similar to that. Unless Ashwin finds a way to hurry the batsman with pace from time to time he is going to have an iffy record abroad.[/quote'] To hurry the batsmen he has to put more body into his action and not just float. I don't think what Ashwin does should be called as flighting the ball it is more floating. to flight the ball he needs to get that dip in the air and that dip you can get only when you put more effort into action to get those revolutions. The pause he uses is totally outdated and it needs to go I don't know who is advising him to keep it.
To hurry the batsmen he has to put more body into his action and not just float. I don't think what Ashwin does should be called as flighting the ball it is more floating. to flight the ball he needs to get that dip in the air and that dip you can get only when you put more effort into action to get those revolutions. The pause he uses is totally outdated and it needs to go I don't who is advising him to keep it.
Dhoni as a captain watching this charade should have stopped by now. It just doesn't work. By now everyone in the team should be aware of.