Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

Retire and do what. Watch Wallis' date=' Ponting, Sangakkara and Cook overtake his runs tally in tests which he accumulated over 23 years.Come on guys He deserves better farewell and records.[/quote'] We shall arrange a 6 test series vs Bangladesh . All 6 tests in chennai (Sachin's favorite ground). He can break all the records and go back and wait for next BD series.

Somedays, I wish Sachin had the carefree attitude of Viru. It would really help take some of the artificial load that he creates for himself. Every time he gets out these days, you can see his shoulders droop and his head drop as though he just committed a cardinal sin. With every passing failure with the bat, the hole that he digs for himself is only getting deeper. He needs to go out there and just forget the fact that the whole world is watching, that before the series he gave a remarkably candid interview where he mentioned he'd reconsider his future after this series and simply enjoy his batting. Having watched Sachin bat for the better part of 18 years, I still strongly believe he has plenty of offer to Indian cricket and if he manages his workload/fitness well, he has at least 2 more years of test cricket left in him. What will actually transpire is only anybody's guess.

Somedays, I wish Sachin had the carefree attitude of Viru. It would really help take some of the artificial load that he creates for himself. Every time he gets out these days, you can see his shoulders droop and his head drop as though he just committed a cardinal sin. With every passing failure with the bat, the hole that he digs for himself is only getting deeper. He needs to go out there and just forget the fact that the whole world is watching, that before the series he gave a remarkably candid interview where he mentioned he'd reconsider his future after this series and simply enjoy his batting. Having watched Sachin bat for the better part of 18 years, I still strongly believe he has plenty of offer to Indian cricket and if he manages his workload/fitness well, he has at least 2 more years of test cricket left in him. What will actually transpire is only anybody's guess.
This. But he has lost those reflexes, footwork, eyes to play freely, dominate and socre runs. Even, Viru is seatdily losing that gift.
+1 Excellant post. Agree with every word of it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
this.
Somedays' date=' I wish Sachin had the carefree attitude of Viru. I[b']t would really help take some of the artificial load that he creates for himself. Every time he gets out these days, you can see his shoulders droop and his head drop as though he just committed a cardinal sin. With every passing failure with the bat, the hole that he digs for himself is only getting deeper. He needs to go out there and just forget the fact that the whole world is watching, that before the series he gave a remarkably candid interview where he mentioned he'd reconsider his future after this series and simply enjoy his batting. Having watched Sachin bat for the better part of 18 years, I still strongly believe he has plenty of offer to Indian cricket and if he manages his workload/fitness well, he has at least 2 more years of test cricket left in him. What will actually transpire is only anybody's guess.
I remember Ian Chappell mentioning something very similar along these lines and the RSS brigade of ICF was all over him! I agree in totality with you say.
Totally agree. Could it be the case that he himself is trying to justify hi own decision of staying on? There's no denying that he can never be dropped but he's certainly not in a cocoon with the constant urges of retirements. Maybe, somewhere he's trying to justify that decision of him staying on.

Earlier when he was struggling, it was being said the weight of 100th 100 was the hurdle. Since getting that 100, he has now played 6 test innings and looked worse than he was earlier. Even that 100 in FC cricket doesn't seem to have helped. Will not be a bad idea to move down to number 6 for the rest of his career before finally calling it a day.

He is very near the end. Maybe a ton in the remaining 5 innings followed by the presser' date=' you'd think?[/quote'] problem is how long will he continue for that ton? Last time he got a ton it was against B'desh on a patta of a pitch which ended up hurting his team. Now his waiting to score a "farewell" 100 is hurting the team even more. After England, Aussies will visit India and getting a 100 against them would be even more difficult. And let's say even if SRT gets another 100 what exactly will it prove? He's finished and another 100 is not going to change the fact. All that 100 will do is maybe make him think longer and he will block Rahane or some other youngster's place in the team.
All these lambi lambi elaborate theories and psychoanalysis about Tendulkar! He is finished, has been for more than a year. It's as simple as that.
I want to make one thing plainly clear - In all sincerity, the following question/comment is not meant to be patronizing or condescending at all. So if it does comes as such, it was more accidental and incidental. What was your assessment of Sachin's future post WC 2007, when at the age of 34, he looked all but spent as an international force? Did you think back then that he had it in him to continue playing for India? If so, what level did you think he could do so? More specifically, back in 2007-08 did you think that, in the year 2010, 18 years into his international career, he is going to have his best year in test cricket yet? Assuming that you did not get all of this right back then, why should I buy your assessment now that he is done and dusted?
I want to make one thing plainly clear - In all sincerity, the following question/comment is not meant to be patronizing or condescending at all. So if it does comes as such, it was more accidental and incidental. What was your assessment of Sachin's future post WC 2007, when at the age of 34, he looked all but spent as an international force? Did you think back then that he had it in him to continue playing for India? If so, what level did you think he could do so? More specifically, back in 2007-08 did you think that, in the year 2010, 18 years into his international career, he is going to have his best year in test cricket yet? Assuming that you did not get all of this right back then, why should I buy your assessment now that he is done and dusted?
Retirement coming, I think after this loss!!!