Raj Thackeray slams Asha Bhosle, slaps killer Ajmal Kasab link on her

1983-2011

The panwallah moves because of economics. In Patna' date=' he'll sell the pan for 3 rupees and he'll probably sell fifty in a day even outside the high court - and he'll have to be an established vendor. In Bombay, outside any railway station he'll sell them for 10 rupees and even if he sells the same fifty (worst case scenario) he has tripled his daily income. That is a killer incentive to move, even alone if he has to and send money back home.[/quote'] bingo which is why i said its the difference in per capita income between states which is the key issue. the second issue if the wave of migrants coming at once the third issue if crime (in your case the pan wallah will have to sleep on the streets of mumbai as he wont be able to afford a house or even the rent , such people are more prone to stealing) These are the underlying factors causing this situation. Raj T is exploiting them no doubt. But the question you have to ask yourself is why are people moving to a cramped city like mumbai? A friend of mine who lives in mumbai is a south indian. He use to be anti raj t. then some migrant workers grabbed his sisters ass and did not give a **** what he thought. Thats the day he started voting MNS. Sooner or later even the non marathi people will start to vote for the MNS. Cause the we are Indian rhetoric does not make the streets safe. It does not provide food on your table when your labour is being udnercut. and lastly, Indians are free to move anywhere they want. However squatting is illegal. Dont expect one aspect of the law to be implemented when the other is not implemented.

A friend of mine who lives in mumbai is a south indian. He use to be anti raj t. then some migrant workers grabbed his sisters ass and did not give a **** what he thought. Thats the day he started voting MNS.
so if it were the locals doing it,he'd hv continued hating MNS.okay:giggle:
and lastly, Indians are free to move anywhere they want. However squatting is illegal. Dont expect one aspect of the law to be implemented when the other is not implemented.
n beating them just coz they r Biharis is perfectly legal?

so if it were the locals doing it,he'd hv continued hating MNS.okay:giggle: n beating them just coz they r Biharis is perfectly legal?
its not, but if your not going to adhere to laws why selectively adhere to some? and you do have a point. If the locals would have done it he would have voted for a party like the SP or for that matter the congress. It is perfectly normal for a human being to do that based on personal expiriences. but as things stand the wave of crime and personal experiences of people are tilting on the ground or micro level in one direction. Its certainly not a laughing matter. I dont see you laughing if some women you care about is molested. They may not say it in public but even established non marathi communities of mumbai such as the gujaratis parsis etc are starting to feel the crime wave. Parsi's especially have been targetted and the NCP and congress dont do anything due to votebank politics.

My explanation ties back to what I was saying in the Racism in Australia thread....When Migrants start treading the line ....Hatecrimes occur-There is never a justification for this but.... 2 things you either follow the 'when in Rome' principle and mix with the populace or get the f**** outta there....Now the reason why one should not take Shiv Sena seriously is bcoz they have tried the same **** with SouthIndians,Muslims etc in the past but at the sametime the discontent with the migrant Bihari,Bangladeshi and Nepali dispora is slowly getting bigger in other major cities as well. As I mentioned there is scope for placeholders for the Bangladeshi,Nepali migrant problem but shouldn't the center intervene in Bihar and somehow try to re-juvenate their economy if they think the state is f**** up....Well them ignoring North-east for so many years is obviously a failure but Bihar and UP are the heartland and they need to make drastic measures. I am not talking from Mumbai or Raj Thackeray's perspective....I am talking about the root cause and how if not taken care of it can be a bigger problem

its not, but if your not going to adhere to laws why selectively adhere to some? and you do have a point. If the locals would have done it he would have voted for a party like the SP or for that matter the congress. It is perfectly normal for a human being to do that based on personal expiriences. but as things stand the wave of crime and personal experiences of people are tilting on the ground or micro level in one direction. Its certainly not a laughing matter. I dont see you laughing if some women you care about is molested. They may not say it in public but even established non marathi communities of mumbai such as the gujaratis parsis etc are starting to feel the crime wave. Parsi's especially have been targetted and the NCP and congress dont do anything due to votebank politics.
dude I wont laugh if women I care is molested,but I wont blame the whole fricking community of the accuser.thats where r u wrong.generalising. are the people Thakerey's goons beat up exactly those who do the crimes,do they check everytime.would they beat up a Marathi if the same crime was done by a local.? its like saying most terrorists r muslims,so lets kill all muslims. the law is same for locals n migrants.if they do wrong,police will take action.Thakerey isnt police.

Rather than getting all defensive....Let's also think what give Raj Thackeray the ammunition to do what he does.... I mean if we all agree that Gujrat riots was a blot on our secular history and has to be condemned for all the innocent lives lost but at the sametime -right or wrong some of us know that the community that was attacked in general has a bad PR in most parts of the world due to various factors.Hence,some lunatics infact in more numbers than should have,have supported this massacre too.

My explanation ties back to what I was saying in the Racism in Australia thread....When Migrants start treading the line ....Hatecrimes occur-There is never a justification for this but.... 2 things you either follow the 'when in Rome' principle and mix with the populace or get the f**** outta there....Now the reason why one should not take Shiv Sena seriously is bcoz they have tried the same **** with SouthIndians,Muslims etc in the past but at the sametime the discontent with the migrant Bihari,Bangladeshi and Nepali dispora is slowly getting bigger in other major cities as well. As I mentioned there is scope for placeholders for the Bangladeshi,Nepali migrant problem but shouldn't the center intervene in Bihar and somehow try to re-juvenate their economy if they think the state is f**** up....Well them ignoring North-east for so many years is obviously a failure but Bihar and UP are the heartland and they need to make drastic measures. I am not talking from Mumbai or Raj Thackeray's perspective....I am talking about the root cause and how if not taken care of it can be a bigger problem
Migration in numbers is never a good idea regardless. If indians in their millions migrate to australia legally. then it will create big issues. Indians need to get out of this we are free to go anywhere we want mentality. Your free to do anywhere you want if (a) you can stay in proper accommodation via rent or otherwise (b) engage in legit income or have the intention to do so. The problem which arises with low level migrant labour in India is (a) they live in slums and at times take over land legally belonging to others. Many times poor farmers of mumba many of whom still farm along the mithi river. (b) engage in illegal activities, the biggest fans of Raj T are the koli (fishermen) community regardless of religion. Most are hindu some are christain others are muslims. Their trade has been decimated by the biharis who many times kill them for their boats and mostly fish without any permits. Its same with the milk business. Illegal activities sprouting no permits nothing. Taxies are just another line of illegal business. Raj T himself has said he more than welcomes skilled workforce. He prefers a permit system in which skilled educated service economy workers are welcomed. The central media does not focus on that is another issue. Incidently Shanghai does have that very same permit system. Even their constitution says all the land belongs to the "people". But unlike the "we are Indian " rhetoric they are practical people.

Hypothetical Scenario-1 Ok...Let us say for eg;An unemployed SW Engieer from Bihar comes to Mumbai....Tries hard to land a corporate job,it is understandable as his state may not provide him with the same oppurtunities....after a while he lands a job...grows in the organisation becomes a VP...uses a bit of influence to land his cousin who is an MBA a job in the same companny. If things work out Result- 2 skilled people atleast in terms of education have landed a job which their state wasn't providing them,If they bot hare brilliant might add value to the growth of the company which may result in more jobs. If things don't work out ethically it is always wrong to reccomend someone but the SW engineer dude will always be accountable if his cousin f**** up and the Corporate can kick him and his cousin's *** all the way to ancient Pataliputra without without any moral dielemma Hypothetical Scenario 2 An unemployed guy with no skillsets whatsoever comes to Mumbai-Fair enough India is a free country he can go wherever he wants....becomes a Dhobi,Calls his cousin,who becomes a Pan-Walla,his brother becomes a lift-man,get's his uncle who becomes a driver,whose twin-sons become Sandwichwaala and Chaat-waala.First are these skillsets adding any value tothe state they are in....Is this an oppurtunity their state is denying them....Can we hold the state accountable for not giving them an oppurtunity to run a tea-stall? If Things work out More Petty shops which is a nuisance to the municipality btw,Population explosion,Already there is lack of space problem in Mumbai from many decades,Any beautification initiative of the city takes a hit If things don't work out Who is accountable if some of these migrants indulge in any un-ethical behavior...In the earlier example the corporate could kick them out but what happens here.... Either ways it is a lose-lose situation Once again Not supporting Raj Thackeray here...but maybe educated people like yourself can do something about the attitide of these people rather than getting all defensive.....Btw I will admit I am ashamed of Telugu people in IT who fake their resumes or lie their way to land a lucrative job
:whack::whack: kya yaar kis duniya mein rahte ho tum log, seedhe sawaal ka itna bakwaas jawaab :(( Just admit it ke you are happy with an educated, paisa making migrant compared to an uneducated gareeb type. Baat khatam karo.

Migration in numbers is never a good idea regardless. If indians in their millions migrate to australia legally. then it will create big issues. Indians need to get out of this we are free to go anywhere we want mentality. Your free to do anywhere you want if (a) you can stay in proper accommodation via rent or otherwise (b) engage in legit income or have the intention to do so. The problem which arises with low level migrant labour in India is (a) they live in slums and at times take over land legally belonging to others. Many times poor farmers of mumba many of whom still farm along the mithi river. (b) engage in illegal activities, the biggest fans of Raj T are the koli (fishermen) community regardless of religion. Most are hindu some are christain others are muslims. Their trade has been decimated by the biharis who many times kill them for their boats and mostly fish without any permits. Its same with the milk business. Illegal activities sprouting no permits nothing. Taxies are just another line of illegal business. Raj T himself has said he more than welcomes skilled workforce. He prefers a permit system in which skilled educated service economy workers are welcomed. The central media does not focus on that is another issue.Incidently Shanghai does have that very same permit system. Even their constitution says all the land belongs to the "people". But unlike the "we are Indian " rhetoric they are practical people.
Firstly,Raj T is not the king of Maharashtra to dictate who goes where....but as I agreed above mass migrations are a problem...Does Raj T have some kind of a fool proof plan as to how the permit system should work...then beleive me Dare I say I will agree with him as most developed countries give job preference to local tax-payers and only look outside when the skill-set is not available Also we don't have a individual identification system like SSN,etc....Raj T is full of *** going by some hate-crimes from his party workers...This is an issue yes but it should be resolved at the centre not locally otherwise it will make a mockery of our constitution.

:whack::whack: kya yaar kis duniya mein rahte ho tum log' date= seedhe sawaal ka itna bakwaas jawaab :(( Just admit it ke you are happy with an educated, paisa making migrant compared to an uneducated gareeb type. Baat khatam karo.
No I am unhappy with the failure of the Govt at State and Center and infact more with the paisa making dispora who could have done a little re-investment in thier own state...

dude I wont laugh if women I care is molested,but I wont blame the whole fricking community of the accuser.thats where r u wrong.generalising. are the people Thakerey's goons beat up exactly those who do the crimes,do they check everytime.would they beat up a Marathi if the same crime was done by a local.? its like saying most terrorists r muslims,so lets kill all muslims. the law is same for locals n migrants.if they do wrong,police will take action.Thakerey isnt police.
Lets stop with the law already. Law clearly states squatting is illegal. The police have never done anything about it. The fact of the matter is stereotypes happen. Even in the congress voting neighbourhoods of mumbai muslims are not welcomed in certain colonies cause of the very terrorist connections. Landlords dont rent out rooms to many muslims. So you are 100% correct people do assume that. Stereotypes are a way of life. Thats just the way it is. You want to live in ideal world then be my guest. But as things stand more and more people are making their mind up based exactly on stereotypes. Its wrong. but it happens. People ask their community or relatives if they faced similar experiences and if in the case of migrant workers those stereotypes are re enforced and soon they become an accepted fact. and yes the sena and the mns are extremely intolerant of anybody who engages is violence on women or molests them. As mentioned before the sena and mns have come down extremely hard on even their own cadres who abuse their wives daughters etc. They have an extremely strong mahila aghadi sangha. Dont even compare the sena or mns when it comes to womens rights and protection to any other party in India. They are hardline on this social issue. As far as women's rights go nobody can top the sena and mns today. Both have backed pro female inidciates and Bal T even calls for a death sentence for domestic abuse. They are way more socially progressive than the parties in UP or Bihar. Infact the crime wave against women by the migrant workers has finally caused people to snap and vote for the mns in the bmc elections. As they know both the senas are strong on women's issues.

Firstly,Raj T is not the king of Maharashtra to dictate who goes where....but as I agreed above mass migrations are a problem...Does Raj T have some kind of a fool proof plan as to how the permit system should work...then beleive me Dare I say I will agree with him as most developed countries give job preference to local tax-payers and only look outside when the skill-set is not available Also we don't have a individual identification system like SSN,etc....Raj T is full of *** going by some hate-crimes from his party workers...This is an issue yes but it should be resolved at the centre not locally otherwise it will make a mockery of our constitution.
he is not the king, thats still Bal T :--D:--D i would say he is more of a crown prince myself. When Raj T was part of the sena he initiated building 52 flyovers in mumbai in 2 years which to date remains a record. Raj T when part of the sena was the key driver along with nitin gadkari for the mumbai pune expressway being built. It was under the guidance and push of Raj T the bandra worli sea link was started in 1999 under the sena and bjp rule. MNS have already initiated and approved a record number of projects in Nashik a town which they govern. So raj T is the most capable politicians out there. He comes to power all of mumbai will benefit from the infra. I think its naive to simply say its a hate and violenc filled party. At the grass root as things stand the MNS is driving social reform and pushing for infra in the places which they run. All their corporators had to fill in aims and goals. No other political party in maharashtra has that. People like it or not. Regardless of what the mainstream media says. The mns is making inroads not via rhetoric. Its making inroads via governance.

.... Indians need to get out of this we are free to go anywhere we want mentality. Your free to do anywhere you want if (a) you can stay in proper accommodation via rent or otherwise (b) engage in legit income or have the intention to do so. The problem which arises with low level migrant labour in India is (a) they live in slums and at times take over land legally belonging to others. Many times poor farmers of mumba many of whom still farm along the mithi river.
I don't necessarily disagree with your overall narrative. However, I find the part in bold very contentious and that accusation ( of land grabbing) can run in many directions. For instance, most of the land in Parel village and the adjoining area was inhabited by water carriers, milkmen and their families before the mills took over. The government(s) back in the day were hand in glove with the industrialists and first passed legislation under some catch all British era act under which a certain percentage of the total land should be maintained as non commercial forest land. Thus the original inhabitants were resettled to far off places like Virar and Jogeshwari and under compensated. Then the government did a volte face and sold the land to the mill owners. And once the mill business was no longer profitable, the successive governments have played their part to throw out the mill workers and their families from their homes, take over the lands and hand them over to builders. In my books this is not any different from squatting. And neither is it only the UP and Bihari walas who encroach. Everyone is guilty. Tamils leather workers in Dharavi. Muslims in the area around bada kabristan. Maharashtrian settlements in and around Gowalia tank. Many of our premier private hospitals have been built on encroached land. The list goes on. I absolutely understand the dangers posed by encroachment and the pressure it exerts on resources in the city, but it is the Government which many a times provides water, electricity and land line telephone connections for years for homes it considers illegal. This is a double standard. If you do not recognize the ownership of a piece of land, and are contending it with the encroachments in a court of law, at least do not legitimize it by selling the residents power, telephone connections etc for decades. Having a non contradictory approach from the government would help.

without agreeing or disagreeing with the statement that Biharis causing law and order problem in Mumbai, I can say this kind of generalization is grossly unfair and reeks of underlying hatred. I understand the problems that large scale migrations cause but as long as any city or region is using resources of whole country in any form, they can't deny migration. That is particulary true of big metro's. Today Mumbai is what it is because it has been accorded status of finnacial capital of country and accordingly city has to bear some inconveniences. You can't have it both ways. On Raj T, we need not to discuss goons in so much details.