Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

It is more a mental thing than physical. Even with our best players' date=' we rarely played 4-5 tests series and when played, we lost badly. One in WI in 2002 and one in Aus in 2003 without their best attack. They are not able to maintain intensity for such a long period. Most of the players have never played a lot if tests overseas and that created problem for them. They certainly lacked in preparation.[/quote'] Not true,before 2011 ,we played 5 test series in windies lost 2,won1, drew 2 so we were pretty competitive,in 2002 we drew a 4 match series in England,in 2004 we lost a 4 match series 2-1 against aus at home,in 2006 won a 4 match series in Windies 1-0,lost 2-1 in aus 2007-08,won 2-0 at home against aus in 2008 . But I agree the present batch cant/don't deserve to play 4-5 test Series,at max 3 match series else they'll get drained physically and mentally
Not true,before 2011 ,we played 5 test series in windies lost 2,won1, drew 2 so we were pretty competitive,in 2002 we drew a 4 match series in England,in 2004 we lost a 4 match series 2-1 against aus at home,in 2006 won a 4 match series in Windies 1-0,lost 2-1 in aus 2007-08,won 2-0 at home against aus in 2008 . But I agree the present batch cant/don't deserve to play 4-5 test Series,at max 3 match series else they'll get drained physically and mentally
How many players of this team played on those tours. I am talking about these players, not past. By the time, they played 2002 WI series in 2002, they had gained a huge experience.
Kohli fit to replace Dhoni as Test captain
There are no real grey areas around MS Dhoni's Test captaincy today. You either think he should keep the job or be removed immediately. Before you accuse me of being a Dhoni-basher, let me add that this is not to slander Dhoni's achievements as a Test cricketer. I am an MS Dhoni fan but his Test captaincy has disintegrated and he has nothing to offer this Indian team as its leader. Of course, it goes without saying that a captain cannot be blamed for the failures of a team. Yet Dhoni's poor captaincy, wrong selections and misjudgment of conditions have added to the team's misfortunes. He is spent, bereft of ideas - look past the bang-it-in-Ishant approach at Lord's and you will be hard pressed to find an instance of Dhoni taking an inspired captaincy call in Tests - and his denial that this team is crocked smacks of indifference. Even if he leads India to a series win over West Indies, what will it achieve for Indian cricket? Will his deficiencies be erased? Will it lift the mood of the team after what has transpired in England? Will it send them to Australia on a high? But listen carefully, the chorus being sung is that India do not have a capable replacement. It has become the deafening reply to calls for Dhoni to be removed as Test captain. To those insisting there is no alternative - are you satisfied with this team doing the same things over and over again? Do you expect different results? Do you not feel the need for change, the need to do something drastic? This team is creaking from, apart from its own ineptitude in overseas conditions, the absence of a leader. Across three continents, the pattern has been played on loop. It has culminated in a fifth consecutive away Test series defeat - two of India's three heaviest losses have come under Dhoni in his time - and one that is a new low for the team. What was Dhoni when the BCCI and its thinktank invested in him for the ODI and Twenty20 captaincy in 2007? What were his leadership credentials? He had not even led his state team, Jharkhand, before captaining India against Scotland in a washed out first match in South Africa during the 2007 ICC World Twenty20. The only game he captained in was less than a month before that T20I, when he skippered the touring Indians against England Lions. But the BCCI saw something in him. They saw him as different, representative of the changing face of Indian cricket. They knew he was the present and the future. Let us look at some of the other successful Indian captains. MAK Pataudi had only led Oxford University in 15 matches before he was given the Test reigns. Ajit Wadekar led Bombay in 16 games but never West Zone in the Duleep Trophy before he was named Test captain. Mohammad Azharuddin had captained five games before he was made India captain in New Zealand in 1990. And Sourav Ganguly had captained Bengal sporadically from 1993 to 1999 in 15 domestic games when not playing for the country and India in four ODIs against West Indies when he was given the mantle of Test captaincy in 2000. The BCCI saw Ganguly as a player capable of leading the team out of the damning match-fixing scandal that shook the core of Indian cricket. It was the potential they saw in him that led BCCI to choose him to lead in Tests. In five Tests leading up to his appointment as Test captain in 2000, Ganguly averaged 22.40. Similarly, Dhoni averaged 20.64 with the bat in the six months leading up to his appointment as ODI captain in September 2007. The logic that applied to Ganguly and Dhoni being given the responsibility of leading India in Tests should be applied to the next person. And that person, on the basis of his achievements in an India jersey coupled with longevity - if he stays hungry and fit he has a decade left in him - appears to be Virat Kohli. He is India's vice-captain and has led India in limited-overs cricket when Dhoni has been absent. He has been captaining Delhi since the Under-15 stage, has led the India Under-19s to a junior World Cup, has captained in the Ranji, Duleep, Deodhar and Vijay Hazare Trophy competitions and in the IPL which, as Ravi Shastri admitted to this week when confirming that he selected India's temporary coaching staff, appears to be the only important tournament these days. More than a dozen cricket experts have referred to Kohli as a captain in waiting. What then are we waiting for? For Kohli to find Test form again? Batting form shouldn't be the dominant consideration when picking the next captain. Are you looking for a batsman or a captain? Kohli is an ODI run machine, and until he hit rock bottom in the last six weeks he was India's best batsman away from home, scoring hundreds in South Africa and New Zealand. And, let's not forget, damn fine ones too. Forget this alarming fall in England, for Kohli will be a successful Test cricketer yet. There's a brain and a half behind those cocky eyes, make no mistake. So let's see if he's up to the challenge of captaining in Tests. Maybe Kohli isn't the person. Tendulkar was a world beater as a batsman but captaincy wasn't for him. The Indian board gave it to him twice and both times Tendulkar proved the wrong person. After the second attempt, the move opened up the way for a captain who overtook the previous most successful Test captain. How will you know if Kohli or Cheteshwar Pujara or whoever is capable of leading the team? Give him the upcoming three Tests against West Indies in India to judge. Whoever comes in next will not bring immediate and automatic changes. He will not resolve India's batting, bowling and fielding problems. He may not even change the mindset of the team. But he will be a fresh factor, and there is the need to believe that he will back the right players. That he will do something, anything different. This team needs a shakeup, and that must come from the top, first.
http://www.gocricket.com/Kohli-fit-to-replace-Dhoni-as-Test-captain/Jamie-Alter/columnshow/40601257.cms
Before you accuse me of being a Dhoni-basher, let me add that this is not to slander Dhoni's achievements as a Test cricketer. I am an MS Dhoni fan but his Test captaincy has disintegrated and he has nothing to offer this Indian team as its leader. Of course, it goes without saying that a captain cannot be blamed for the failures of a team. Yet Dhoni's poor captaincy, wrong selections and misjudgment of conditions have added to the team's misfortunes. He is spent, bereft of ideas - look past the bang-it-in-Ishant approach at Lord's and you will be hard pressed to find an instance of Dhoni taking an inspired captaincy call in Tests - and his denial that this team is crocked smacks of indifference.
My kind of Dhoni fan.