Ranji Trophy 2012-13

Chandan

4.45pm - The upper-cut gets Tendulkar Amol Karhadkar reports: "Anureet Singh takes over from Hardik Rathod. Bowls a short one that rises around shoulder height. An attempted upper cut-lands in Parag Madkaikar's stretched hands at the second slip. 137 runs, 136b, 181m, 21x4, 3x6. Mumbai 343 for 4"
Sachin gone :((
Umesh Yadav takes a fifer. 13 overs 8 maidens 18 runs 5 wickets. Haryana bowled out for 55.
Excellent. This is the sort of performance you should see a few times in a season when a Test player plays in the Plate League. People cited pitches and dropped catches and all sort of nonsense to account for picking bowlers who have failed in the Plate League (e.g. Sreesanth) but we see that a true quality bowler can just run through, on his day.
Pathan gets to his hundred as well.
If he'd just picked up around 3 wickets against England, he'd be in Test contention. Currently though, his bowling isn't quite proven in the format. If he could come into the side when Zaheer retires and bat at eight, with Ashwin at nine, that is a formidable lower order. Of course, you do not base your team around having a strong lower order, but it is very nice and helpful when it happens.
^ Pujara? Your opinion/pick but no offence that's a poor lineup.
My bad, forgot Pujara. Would prefer Pujara-Rahane to open but that might be a brave but too drastic a change. Also I feel more secure with 7 batsmen line up supported by Pathan and Ashwin, so not sure which bowler to drop: Zaheer: The most experienced pacer we have but huge fitness/form worries Umesh: Raw but attacking Ohja: Makes spin pair with Ashwin, English dont like spin, Will it be a luxury?!
Excellent. This is the sort of performance you should see a few times in a season when a Test player plays in the Plate League. People cited pitches and dropped catches and all sort of nonsense to account for picking bowlers who have failed in the Plate League (e.g. Sreesanth) but we see that a true quality bowler can just run through' date=' on his day.[/quote'] This isnt plate league.That system is scrapped for this season.
My bad, forgot Pujara. Would prefer Pujara-Rahane to open but that might be a brave but too drastic a change. Also I feel more secure with 7 batsmen line up supported by Pathan and Ashwin, so not sure which bowler to drop: Zaheer: The most experienced pacer we have but huge fitness/form worries Umesh: Raw but attacking Ohja: Makes spin pair with Ashwin, English dont like spin, Will it be a luxury?!
Agreed but I don't like the idea of Irfan just for the sake of his batting. Ashwin can cover that up. Pujara in for Irfan, its a good line up. Openers are a worry though.
Excellent. This is the sort of performance you should see a few times in a season when a Test player plays in the Plate League. People cited pitches and dropped catches and all sort of nonsense to account for picking bowlers who have failed in the Plate League (e.g. Sreesanth) but we see that a true quality bowler can just run through' date=' on his day.[/quote'] It depends a lot on pitches too. Lahli is a seam friendly track.