India v England in India, ODI bi-lateral series, 2013

Poor pitches which we saw in this series are bad for ODIs simply because one side has better advantage than other. The first side usually can bat well but as the game goes on, the pitch deteriorates and makes batting difficult. If it rained before the game, it would be tough for side batting first because of moisture in the wicket. Then if the sun comes out, batting second will be easy. The ideal scenario for an ODI is a good hard pitch(good for batting) with a little grass on the wicket(good for bowlers) on a clear day with no dew while chasing. I like this two bouncer and two new balls rule. Makes it better for bowlers.

Rahane Pujara Kohli Dhoni Yuvraj Raina Jadeja Ashwin Bhuvaneshwar Shami Ishant If I were captain / coach, I'd tell Rahane and Pujara to simply bat out the first 10-15 overs ... even if the run-rate is 4 an over. It's a throwback to the older style of ODI cricket but right now our problem is we're on the backfoot by the first 10 overs. Rahane and Pujara are both technically quite strong and if they just have to worry about being there by 10-15 overs it simplifies their job, and it makes Raina & Yuvraj in the middle order much more of a threat. I'd move Dhoni up the order to start the re-building earlier to prevent another collapse.

I dont think he has the technique or temperament to play well against good bowling attacks when there is extra bounce or swing. But on flat tracks, he may do a decent job. The openers or two batsmen in top order should have a decent enough technique to play out good spells especially when we play overseas. The next world cup is in Australia where there will be some help for fast bowlers early on.

I dont think he has the technique or temperament to play well against good bowling attacks when there is extra bounce or swing. But on flat tracks, he may do a decent job. The openers or two batsmen in top order should have a decent enough technique to play out good spells especially when we play overseas. The next world cup is in Australia where there will be some help for fast bowlers early on.
BS.what technique does Warner have.hes gonna play there.we need a dasher too. atm,we need a replacement for GG.Dhawan is a very good one
BS.what technique does Warner have.hes gonna play there.we need a dasher too. atm,we need a replacement for GG.Dhawan is a very good one
Warner is shite when there is swing. In Australia there are tracks which are flat and he does mostly well there. But dont complain the next time, India are 20/5 in first 10 overs because we load up the side with bashers who dont have any idea of staying at the wicket and building partnerships when the going is tough.
Dhawan bats like he is felling trees. Mediocre techique that will get exposed at highest levels. Not good enough
If that Mediocre technique can bring a century against an International attack, then I rather have that instead of having a Professional looking, technically sound, a certain honest mistake dude called Rohit Sharma.